what about this layout?
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-sat-tybonroadtrack-2.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Or what about this one?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Between a "comp committee", membership suggestions, and The Omnipotent One you guys don't have a new layout decided?

Maybe I'll show on Sat just to video the fun.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peeler
what about this layout?
Wow! Thats a great layout and venue Trav, But You might want to check if its OK with Kyle first.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what about this layout?
Its cool but we would need two or three more rolls of carpet! Or 4' lanes!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
Wow! Thats a great layout and venue Trav, But You might want to check if its OK with Kyle first.
I was wondering when a member of the crew was going to jump in..

Any layout is good for me, I will just show up, pay my fees, race the classes offered and still enjoy the "hobby". While I am there I will helpful when I can, not test and prepare for a BIG national race, carry myself as a sportsman and still enjoy this "hobby". Heck I may even mention some great summer programs in the Tacoma area and make sure people know that there is plenty of room to pit away from you and Ritchie.. That's if you decide to show up.

I won't bitch about H30 not making a move to a permanent facility and appreciate the time there...

Blow me.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

I'm just happy to have a place to race again, I've had nothing but awesome times so far at the Hangar. I'd run an oval at this point, I just enjoy racing again.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I was wondering when a member of the crew was going to jump in..

Any layout is good for me, I will just show up, pay my fees, race the classes offered and still enjoy the "hobby". While I am there I will helpful when I can, not test and prepare for a BIG national race, carry myself as a sportsman and still enjoy this "hobby". Heck I may even mention some great summer programs in the Tacoma area and make sure people know that there is plenty of room to pit away from you and Ritchie.. That's if you decide to show up.

I won't bitch about H30 not making a move to a permanent facility and appreciate the time there...

Blow me.
You missed the whole point as usual, " I" at least have My own opinion, By the way, You left your underwear under my pillow the other night.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
You missed the whole point as usual, " I" at least have My own opinion, By the way, You left your underwear under my pillow the other night.
Keep them at your place,my toothbrush too...
Old 12-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Oh man, if that is the case I may or may not throw up the "Hey look at me" flag and proclaim I may retire and sell all my stuff or not. Least I can always post on here...

now back to H30 news...

Looks like a couple more brands of 1/12 tires out there and some fresh and clean white rim WGT shoes out now too...
oh good.one,.

Well if you have been paying attention to the look at me flag... I sold the cx, the xray, the xray nitro, gave away a few bodies, sold some motors, tried to give away the cougar and when all is said and done I will have a gt8 a radio a charger and a couple of lipos, so yea that's pretty much retired, however all that doesn't mean I cant respond to silly posts and try to enlighten people not to buy the hype.

Of course if you believe without a standard test for measuring C ratings it actually means something then say so.....

Last edited by skypilot; 12-28-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:50 PM
piper48

Default Can we all just get along!!!

I hope this is all just friendly banter between you guys. I would hate to see some feelings hurt and end up not supporting any of these great programs.

On another note, the 6.1 is ready to go. What are some of the handling characteristics of a rear gear? How often does the oil need to be changed?

Old 12-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the is from another thread on this forum from 2008, it still holds true today.

That's a great question. Unfortunately as you'll see below, the answer isn't as straightforward as we'd all like it to be. We have the simple answer, and then we have some complications that need to be factored in to the simple answer.

1) The Simple answer:
For pure horsepower, (expressed as punch on the track, or maintaining voltage under load on the bench) you need to look at the Mah capacity of the pack, and it's C rating.

So with the Core 5000mah pack as an example:
5000mah divided by 1000 = 5 amp hours.
5 amp hours x 20C = 100amps.

So the Core 5000mah pack can deliver a total of 100amps of power.

Using arbitrary #s here, what if there was a 3500mah pack rated at 25C? How would it compare?
3500mah /1000 = 3.5amp hours
3.5 amp hours x 25C = 87.5amps

Your example of a 30C 3000 pack would then be capable of 90amps

So even if it's a higher C rating, it may not be capable of the same actual output as a lower C pack with more Mah of capacity.

2)The complications.
This is where the lipo industry has gotten ugly in the flight side of the hobby, and unfortunately it's fixin' to get ugly here with cars as well.

Firstly lets define "C" rating:
Oh wait - that's right, no one has a standard definition of what that number means! (seriously)

To ME: The C rating means that the pack can output "X" many amps for the duration of it's capacity WITHOUT doing either of two things: 1) dropping below 3.0v/cell, and 2) heating up beyond 140degF (max safe lipo temp).

The C rating comes from the following math, again using the CORE pack as an example:
First, you must actually have and use some serious discharging equipmnet including voltage and current monitoring/reporting along with a temp gun. Hook up the pack, and throw a load on it. The CORE 5000's were reportedly 20C packs, so I conservatively threw 80A at one to see what happened to the voltage and temperature for the first discharge cycle.

5000mah of capacity, so again /1000 to equal 5 amp hours of capacity.
Find the maximum amps you can discharge with (for the whole capacity) without dropping voltage below 3.0v/cell or the pack heating beyond 140degF. In this case we'll use 100A as that figure for round #'s (it was a touch higher in actuality).

5 amp hours divided by 100Amps of discharge capability = 20"C".

Again: that's MY OWN definition of what C rating means. Unfortunately, most packs out there DON'T live up to the ratings given for them, according to my my own definition/testing/determination.

And here's where the problem lies (whoops - did I just say lies?).
1)Not many folks have access to 100A+ discharging equipment.
2)From the simple answer above - if you have the choice between two packs with the same Mah capacity, and one was 20C and the other was 23C, everyone would buy the 23C pack.
3) There's no real testing/performance standard either in the lipo industry, or the hobby industry.

So when you add up all three of the above items, you begin to realize what the consumer is really facing right now. What does 15-20-25-30C really mean???? By what (and who's) definition was the C rating determined? Were packs actually discharge tested? Are the brands just using what the factories tell them the C rating is? (and again - by what standards are the factories using?) Are they just flat making up numbers higher than anyone else's just to sell packs?

When it comes right down to it - If I wasn't restricted by my own morals and professional integrity, I could advertise the CORE pack as 35C and probably sell 10x more than we already are. Think about it - WHO out there is an unbiased party and has discharge equipment capable of 175 amps to prove my claims wrong?

So the moral of the story here is a repeat of what I've already said should be important to the consumer: Do you trust who you are dealing with? Do they have years and years of application and industry experience with the products they're selling? Do they really know everything about it in order to support you with accurate advice and safe usage guidelines? Personally, I think these reasons plus a good dose of honesty are :-)

Shawn Palmer
Sales Manager
Schumacher USA
[email protected]
Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

Or what about this one?
haha oops oh well cant get the pic to load up
yeah man freeway all the way
Old 12-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Here is the layout I was trying to show
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-fri-track-3.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Legend

Here is the layout I was trying to show
Needs more clay & some jumps ....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.