Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Hey Todd, just curious about the track build on Saturday, what time are you starting? And also, is it just a track build day, or will there be time for practice afterwards? Thanks!

-Jesse
Old 12-27-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
FWIW The new Thunderpower does (internal resistance). A few of the FMA (which no one should buy since they only sell direct) do. I believe there are a few other chargers as well.

The Turbo 35 isn't sold anymore. I looked at their site and they had a new cdx2 charger that looks to be in oblivion. I would assume with the cheap chinese chargers, and no longer the need these days for such precision for matching, they have been priced out. Which is somewhat sad. Yes, they were very expensive. While having no real competition for matching. But they were one of the few American RC companies left.
The turbo 35 is still supported though, tons of them still around and the guy still goes to snowbirds every year to support and update chargers. Oval guys still use them religiously.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default track build day

has a new layout been decided on?
Old 12-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer
has a new layout been decided on?

Nope!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Track Build Day

A reminder to anyone and everyone interested in participating: this Saturday is our annual track build day. I'll be there at 9am to open the hangar and get on with the job. I hope to be done by approximately 3pm, so those with New Years Eve plans (such as myself) should have plenty of time to meet those obligations.

We didn't really come to a definitive conclusion on the track design. So, the default layout is a Daytona tri-oval. I hope everyone likes it

Just kidding. We'll figure it out on Saturday

I don't expect any practice time. We have thought there might be in the past, and there never is. I'm leaving my stuff at home.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
Perhaps that's why some perform poorly at both types of events, they don't see the point...
Ooooo, good one.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

not only good, true
Old 12-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Todd, haven't gotten a reply from the liverc guy about the update he mentioned in the past for non net websites (since the track software has an exclusive with him). Don't know if you have contacts on your end?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
not only good, true
Oh man, if that is the case I may or may not throw up the "Hey look at me" flag and proclaim I may retire and sell all my stuff or not. Least I can always post on here...

now back to H30 news...

Looks like a couple more brands of 1/12 tires out there and some fresh and clean white rim WGT shoes out now too...
Old 12-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

If anyone is trying to create a layout for the track I've been using a free program from Google named Sketchup. It is one of the easier apps I've ever used. Of course it has taken me some time to learn to use it , but a very worthwhile tool to master IMHO.
http://sketchup.google.com/

note, To make the track layout ( in 2D ) it is easier if you use the *parallel projection* menu item ( under the Camera menu ) rather than *perspective* menu item. Also, I imported Drews earlier template as a background since it shows the tape seams and also has 10' marked, and the drivers stand.

This is a layout that I put together a few weeks ago... but again, I hope we have something tighter like Brian's suggestion.

Anonymous
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-screen-shot-2011-12-27-9.42.15-pm.png  

Last edited by Magnet Top; 12-27-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
If anyone is trying to create a layout for the track I've been using a free program from Google named Sketchup. It is one of the easier apps I've ever used. Of course it has taken me some time to learn to use it , but a very worthwhile tool to master IMHO.

note, To make the track layout ( in 2D ) it is easier if you use the *parallel projection* menu item ( under the Camera menu ) rather than *perspective* menu item. Also, I imported Drews earlier template as a background since it shows the tape seams and also has 10' marked, and the drivers stand.

This is a layout that I put together a few weeks ago... but again, I hope we have something tighter like Brian's suggestion.

Anonymous
Me thinks you may be trying to "optomize" the layout for you new Awesomatix?

actually, that looks fun but since I don't race anymore, i'll shut up now.

Steve
Old 12-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Magnet Top

Anonymous
If you made that in inkscape with the template, you should I believe be able to import that into sketchup.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Oh man, if that is the case I may or may not throw up the "Hey look at me" flag and proclaim I may retire and sell all my stuff or not.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
buuuhahahaha Kyle your friggen awsome
Old 12-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=PutAwayWet;10089123]
We didn't really come to a definitive conclusion on the track design. So, the default layout is a Daytona tri-oval. I hope everyone likes it

QUOTE]

Wouldn't be much different from the rainy days at Burien

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.