Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Hey y'all, I just want to echo the comments about a great race weekend. I had as much fun watching the records fall and the wheel to wheel battles as I did driving.

Last Wednesday and Saturday I found myself battling all kinds of steering problems, and after some tech support from various members (thanks Bill and Rob) I think I have a handle on the problem. The one item I haven't get addressed is my steering servo. Currently I'm running a JR Z590M but it's taken some big hits and is probably going to fail sooner or later. The mounting bracket is busted, whcih allows it to wiggle a bit. I think it's time to upgrade to a big boy servo, which leads me to a couple of questions:

1) Recommendations for a TC5/Scale Spec/Spektrum combo?
2) Anyone have one gathering dust that you'd want to sell?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Kyle Bradshaw
I have tried a few servos:
1) Futaba BLS551 - fast, and has taken a ridiculous beating with no servo saver, and is still going strong. Gear sets are expensive for it, but I haven't needed to buy one yet.
2) Savox 1251MG - used a couple of these... performs well, but I've busted 3 gears 3 times now, with no servo saver. Gear sets are only $11, but it still sucks to DNF due to breaking the servo. I'd have to say these are pretty conslusively more fragile than the BLS551.
3) Futaba BLS451 - fast but haven't run it much yet. It's full-size, so a bit heavier than really needed. I put it in my scale spec car after I blew the Savox on Wednesday. I bought it used from Canyon, so I have no idea how much abuse it's seen before me.

I'd expect the non-brushless Futaba S9551(?) low-profile non-brushless servo is a good balance between price, performance, and reliability. The Futabas have one plastic gear which I think is what makes them a bit more resilient than the all-metal (mostly brass it seems) Savox. Although, if you run a servo saver (or your chassis has one built in), you'll probably be totally fine with the cheaper Savox. The only reason I don't run a saver is because I haven't found one that fits the Schumacher properly yet.

-Mike
Old 12-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you're looking to invest in a TC servo, it's hard to beat the Futaba S9551 on the performance/value axis.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:55 AM
piper48

Default sevos

Best bang for the buck, in my opinion, are the Savox SC-1257 or SC-1258. I run these in my Xray NT1 nitro car and my Losi 22 buggy.

Futaba BLS-451 are great servos. I bought a used one from Kody 2 seasons ago and I still run it in my TC.

I wish I knew how to post links but if you go to ServoDatabase.com you'll be able to compare the numbers on pretty much any servo that's out there and pricing is close to what your LHS sells'm for.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Well thanks again Todd and all the Hangar30 crew for another stellar Saturday Race! The track layout we had was definetly a good one but you had to be very very polite to her in order to be rewarded with a clean and fast run. Great job to Kody for finally taking away Canyon's track record that stood for almost 1 calendar racing year at the Hangar 30. Pretty impressive and shows everybody that Canyon isnt just a Metro with a quick text hand He can drive with the best of them. But all good things are made to be beaten, kody proved that!

A great job to Jenkins as well busting into the 39 lap club on the last day of the track proving he's a threat on the track and as well as entertainment in the pits. Bodine your fast as every my man. I know you've tried alot of combos in order to find something magical to beat the black/yellow combo. I commend your efforts and sacrifices as you've pushed hard through it all keeping me on my toes an pushing every race every minute.

Pete-RADIO POST AHHHHH! My Zach morris cell-phone in 7th grade had better connection service then that thing. Buy a real radio that doesnt take TV timeouts so we can Battle!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peeler
Pete-RADIO POST AHHHHH! My Zach morris cell-phone in 7th grade had better connection service then that thing. Buy a real radio that doesnt take TV timeouts so we can Battle!
The issues gets solved on Thursday
Old 12-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

How ?are you going to tether your radio to your car? Haha

Last edited by jeff jenkins; 12-20-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: i cunt speel!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Iesc..
http://www.redrc.net/2011/12/speed-p...sc/#more-50147
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
SWEAT!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Really nice ESC. Metal casing, size and wireless are all wins It looks like it may have user replaceable wires too.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Really nice ESC. Metal casing, size and wireless are all wins It looks like it may have user replaceable wires too.
...and 1s gets the shaft again... Bummer because it looks very nice.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Hey Peter,

Could you share some of your insight with the Radiopost radio if possible. I've had some glitches too, but they seemed to disappear with fresh AA batteries

Thanks!
Sam
Old 12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default Oil for a Front Diff

Hi guys,

I posted earlier about this, but I am still wondering what thickness of oil I should put in a front diff for the Xray. I ordered one from Japan (good price and in stock, yes! )

The oils I have already include:

Xray 750
CRC 5,000
CRC 30,000
Green Spooge
Red Spooge
Blue Spooge

I was hoping to save some cash by using something I have already, but I would definitely be up to purchasing a different one if needed.

Thanks a bundle!

Samwise
Old 12-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Sam,
I like the reliability and consistency of a spool so I haven't explored a front diff much, but I do have some 300,000 and 500,000 Kyosho ( cst oil , "goo" ) if you'd like to try it. The amount I have is probably a lifetime supply, so I don't mind at all ! I dont have any cleaning putty but the trend is to use cleaning putty or a mixture of oil and putty.

Jake
Old 12-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I currently have 500k oil in my front gear diff ... That being said I have yet to use it. From what I've read the spool is faster in almost every situation.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I'm waiting for a speed control to be released that I could just setup telepathically simply by telling it to go faster.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.