Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sean did you get a chance to order up those inline steering parts for 10r5 yet sir? Plus I am in need of another 1s bullet lipo. PLus if you have any extra caster shims would be great. A sophia body for wgt? This all for pick up Saturday of course.

Grant
Old 12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Sean did you get a chance to order up those inline steering parts for 10r5 yet sir? Plus I am in need of another 1s bullet lipo. PLus if you have any extra caster shims would be great. A sophia body for wgt? This all for pick up Saturday of course.

Grant
I have a LIPO for you..
Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Hey 12th scale guys! Yo Ho Ho! I am going to make a special H30 offer tonight on 12th scale black foam bumpers at $4 each!!! No package, just ready to drop on the body posts and slam the lexan on top. Swing by and see me if you want some. Do me a favor, drum up some $1's as I am a little light on change at the moment. Avid is still behind which means I don't have a lot of the pan car bearings and 6x10's at the moment, but you can troll the box to see what's in there.

I hacked up this sketch real quick.

Brian
1) Sweeper after the straight =
2) Not a full-length straight
3) It looks like the tape seams could be a problem near the bottom left "fishing pole", and the left-hander before the straight.

It does look fun, though.

-Mike
Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
You guys are just lucky we didn't just buy click track 6 months ago... We wouldn't be changing jack! Other then switching to Jack! So be happy with what we have and whats coming!

Dots will take more time IMO... Think about it... Each little round orange dot has to be perfectly placed on a nice even grid. Sounds like a timely endeavor to me. It will make for an interesting track though!
Click track is pretty cool, but CRC wants WAAYYY too much for it.

I think if we drew little sharpie outlines around each dot (of which there are already many for the current layout), the first time the new layout goes down it would be no slower at least to setup than pipes.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yea.... not sure what means.... but like I said, hacked out, subject to refinement like all lay outs will be subject to. And yes, a driving line straddling a tape seem is: no bueno.

Loading up for the Wed Night Winter Blast Race-a-paloza. I may even offer a pair of Little Hotties hand warmers for a price!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Hey 12th scale guys! Yo Ho Ho! I am going to make a special H30 offer tonight on 12th scale black foam bumpers at $4 each!!! No package, just ready to drop on the body posts and slam the lexan on top. Swing by and see me if you want some. Do me a favor, drum up some $1's as I am a little light on change at the moment. Avid is still behind which means I don't have a lot of the pan car bearings and 6x10's at the moment, but you can troll the box to see what's in there.

Brian
Dude... I'm liking this layout a lot! Looks like a great time for pan cars.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brian
i like this one... kinda reminds me of raceway hobbies...
Old 12-15-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
oxy (Drew, is it?) thanks for the tip on that software. I fired it up and played around a bit last night, and it certainly makes things easier. How do I just draw a straight line?
Use the pen tool and hold down I think ctl or shift when clicking. Right click to end the line.

Sean, see your PM I bwoke my differential . Also apologies to all with my confusion with the 1/12th heat lineup.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Brian
Im diggin this layout! Would be a blast for both pan cars and TC's. Love the chicane section into a killer carousel with double dee sized dots everywhere that just looks fun.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will someone please tell Lem that his new car has arrived!

Marc, looks like we never got you that Speed 6 last night....Sorry!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What car did Lem get?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Fun, cold night last night... C-Main in 1/12? On a Wednesday?! So good to see so many picking it up, they are fun.

Trinity/ReVtech released new lipos today. More punch and a higher load carrying ability for 1s. More HP on the way
Old 12-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My debut in 1/12 went better than I expected from a speed and drivability standpoint. In Q2, I was actually teetering on a 35/36 lap pace, trending towards 36.

But... my debut went worse than I expected in terms of breaking stuff. In Q2, I broke the rear top plate. Thankfully Tracy had an old cracked one that got me through the main. In the main, I broke an upper a-arm, which surprisingly only dropped my laptimes by about 1.5 seconds.

So anyway, I'm looking for tips on things I should pick up to harden the car a bit. I noticed on amain, there's a 4mm rear top plate, but there's also a "full box" rear top plate. Any suggestions as to which way to go?

Any must-have setup / tuning parts I should grab while I'm at it? I think Bill gave me some ride-height spacers with the car, and Brian mentioned blue side springs and 30k lube.

-Mike
Old 12-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
What car did Lem get?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A cool evening and holiday traffic did not deter the racers from making their way to Hangar 30 for a night of club racing. 58 entries and 9 heats (10 in R1) made for a long night. But the energy remained high, and there were equal measures of exhilaration and heartbreak throughout the night.

Stock Touring continues to be a big boy's class, and the usual suspects had to contend with a new force on the track: The Panda. Kody got his car sorted and TQ'd in R2 and followed with a checkout on Aisle 30 in the main. But the battle for the 2-3-4 spots was gripping, as Sean, Jake, and Jeff pushed each other hard. Jeff suffered misfortune in the waning moments as he was tumbled by a back marker just as he was pressuring Jake for second. We will never know how it could have gone down. Understandable frustration for Jeff, relief for Jake, and a confident win for Kody. Stock Touring is a tough guy's race.

Scale Spec welcomed Mike back to H30 with a nice TQ run. But the main would not validate his ticket. Instead, it was Mark Spain who came through for a close win. I believe this was Mark's first H30 A main win, and congratulations to him for taking the top spot in a deep, competitive field. Good racing!

We continue to see Novices on the stand every time we gather. The surest sign of our club's success. Ted took the win, while young Ben continues to impress. It may be time for a new body for Ben, as the F430 is sporting as much duct tape as lexan these days. The break will be a good opportunity to refresh his ride.

World GT made a Wednesday night showing, with Peter showing the fast way around the track. He reset the track record for the class at 30/6:02. I took mine for its maiden voyage and finished with some fresh scuffs and full folder of mental notes.

1/12th scale...as has been said, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once a year. Though, personally, I would like to thank the Baby Jesus in his Baby Jesus diaper for holding off Peeler for all 12 of the 8 minutes in the main. Inexplicably, I took the win. I've never won at H30 before. I may have to wait another 3 years, as Wes broke into the 39 lap club in qualifying and Shay revealed a formidable turn of speed. I've sent off the main printout for gilt edging and framing under glass. It will hang next to my wife's portrait in the front room.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (63.8 KB, 57 views)
Round2.txt (60.1 KB, 67 views)
Round3.txt (52.2 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by PutAwayWet; 12-15-2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: New track record for WGT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.