Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 AM
  #8626  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tub News!!!!!

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Hey Sean,

Do you happen to have any Tamiya to Losi Micro-T battery adapters? I just bought a couple used and need to charge the batteries, both NIMH and lipo. If so, please throw 'em in the tub for Wednesday.

Thanks.
Gotcha covered!

Packing the Tub tonight so get your requests in!

Just got the cool low-pro bullets in...
Maybell is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 AM
  #8627  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

A few races ago, someone gave me a male Dean's connector, after I friend my battery (turns out I didn't fry the speedo, woot!). I don't remember who it was. Anyway, I'll have a fresh one in my parts (didn't have it with me that night) if you want it. Come find me! I drive the mad cow, and the white subaru.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 12:51 PM
  #8628  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,681
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Here's what I came up with last night. Sorry for the poor picture quality. Each square is roughly 2.5x2.5 feet. 4 squares = 10 feet. It'll have to get squished 2 feet vertically, but I don't think that'll be a problem. I tried to stick to 10' pipes for most of it, as well. It'll take a bit of finagling, but I think it could work.

I was going for more higher-speed, but still technical corners. Also, more places to rip the throttle, but not quite in a straight line. I also tried to avoid car-killing apexes as much as possible.

I think the decreasing-radius left-hander into the "chicago box" as it's called in autocross, exiting straight into some dots, would be really "interesting". You'll have to set up that chicago box early, and rip out of it, but with enough control to move the car over to get around the dots.

A pipe with a circle on the end I was thinking of as a flapper. The little curly-Q things are like we have a few of now. Lots of big dots, more than we probably have. But we can probably find a solution to that. How much do big dots cost?

Anyway, lemme know what you think. If people are intersted, I can try to do a better scale drawing, with a more accurate appraisal of pipe count/length.

-Mike

EDIT: Better quality picture.
EDIT2: The faint squiggly lines are tape seams.
I like this one, more "driving" involved.
skypilot is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
  #8629  
piper48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default lead weights

As I troll through RCTech and come across pics of 12th scales, I noticed that none of the cars have lead weights on them. Is the lateral balance on these cars not so critical in comparison to TC's? I just put mine on balancing balls and at this point I would have to add 28 grams on one side just to even them out.
 
Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
  #8630  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,189
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Hey Sean,

Do you happen to have any Tamiya to Losi Micro-T battery adapters? I just bought a couple used and need to charge the batteries, both NIMH and lipo. If so, please throw 'em in the tub for Wednesday.

Thanks.
Kyle, I may have what you want if Sean doesn't. I have a pkg LOSB0860 which is a male/female micro-t connector set plus another female. If you can make use of them, they're yours.
Brian
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:37 PM
  #8631  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,228
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Here's what I came up with last night.
Yes Please
peter_robinson is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:39 PM
  #8632  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,189
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by piper48
As I troll through RCTech and come across pics of 12th scales, I noticed that none of the cars have lead weights on them. Is the lateral balance on these cars not so critical in comparison to TC's? I just put mine on balancing balls and at this point I would have to add 28 grams on one side just to even them out.
Lem,
No one tries to add lead to balance the cars as they are nearly at or just over minimum. Move your electronics around to balance out, it's a better way. And getting the car nearly balanced left/right does make the car accelerate straighter.
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:43 PM
  #8633  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,189
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
Gotcha covered!

Packing the Tub tonight so get your requests in!

Just got the cool low-pro bullets in...
Sean; do you have any medium CA in the Mercury bottle or the Losi CA in the bottle that has the needle in the cap that is twisty off. My tip fused with the cap last night and now I have something that looks like a funnel.
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 PM
  #8634  
piper48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default lead weights

I'll do a little Feng Shui to the car but I may still have to add on just a tad bit. Thanks again Mr. Bodine.
 
Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
  #8635  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,189
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Didn't anyone tell them January 7th is a religious holiday !!! I would be going but it falls on Russian Christmas. And it's also Alex's son's birthday too ( David ). Double whammy.

Have fun up there !
David could have a international b-day, take a walk down town, talk to the ladies in the shorty short skirts.... that could be memorable. Just skip that one bar we went into. Lots of leather.
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 02:21 PM
  #8636  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation Speaking of "Leather"............

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
David could have a international b-day, take a walk down town, talk to the ladies in the shorty short skirts.... that could be memorable. Just skip that one bar we went into. Lots of leather.

Back in 1981, a cruise thru of down-town Prince George, B.C. I noticed a business named "Mr.& Mrs. Leather!"........ no mention of whether children were allowed!

However, if Canadian law hasn't changed, still might not be any age restrictions on purchase of Tabaco products! Should blend in nicely with 4mer Eastearn Block European Holliday Tradations!

"College does not teach you everything. Some times a drive down-town is all you need"
el salvador is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 02:54 PM
  #8637  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
I like this one, more "driving" involved.
Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Yes Please
Thanks for the encouragement.

Looking at mine, vs the current track and Todd's design, I notice that mine doesn't have a nice safe place to put your car down on the track. I'll see if I can work something out for that.

I think the lane width also dips down under 8' in a couple spots, particularly the C-Box (but that was by design). How much of a problem is that, really? Any time there's a chicane, the lane is never really going to be wide.

Do you think this layout would be too fast / open for 1/12 scale?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:04 PM
  #8638  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,681
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Bottom right corner looks safe enough. Even a word of caution as you set it down in front of the drivers stand would do.
skypilot is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:27 PM
  #8639  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
oXYnary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Here's what I came up with last night. Sorry for the poor picture quality. Each square is roughly 2.5x2.5 feet. 4 squares = 10 feet. It'll have to get squished 2 feet vertically, but I don't think that'll be a problem. I tried to stick to 10' pipes for most of it, as well. It'll take a bit of finagling, but I think it could work.

I was going for more higher-speed, but still technical corners. Also, more places to rip the throttle, but not quite in a straight line. I also tried to avoid car-killing apexes as much as possible.

I think the decreasing-radius left-hander into the "chicago box" as it's called in autocross, exiting straight into some dots, would be really "interesting". You'll have to set up that chicago box early, and rip out of it, but with enough control to move the car over to get around the dots.

A pipe with a circle on the end I was thinking of as a flapper. The little curly-Q things are like we have a few of now. Lots of big dots, more than we probably have. But we can probably find a solution to that. How much do big dots cost?

Anyway, lemme know what you think. If people are intersted, I can try to do a better scale drawing, with a more accurate appraisal of pipe count/length.

-Mike

EDIT: Better quality picture.
EDIT2: The faint squiggly lines are tape seams.

I like Todd and yours. THe qeustion on Todds is on the right hand side. Above the bottom corner, you have a narrow area. Is that still large enough for Roar rules? I mean I LIKE the wide open and narrow areas. That will really make drivers have to line up in corners. Throttle control will be crucial not to rear end the guy in front.

Which brings yours as well Mike, The left mid area of the middle of the track opposite your square corner.... Its easier for me this way. You see the face you invariable made in the middle? The left eye with the right corner? Same question as Todd's. Is that area too narrow for rules?

Also, do we really need a total straightaway thats as long as one dimension of the track? Couldn't we add some slight obstacles spaced at one end (like forcing you slightly to the left then right. I'm sure there would be enough area left to give some speed passes even with that.

(Why don't I submit one? Cause it would be mostly turns. )
oXYnary is offline  
Old 12-13-2011, 03:29 PM
  #8640  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Sean; do you have any medium CA in the Mercury bottle or the Losi CA in the bottle that has the needle in the cap that is twisty off. My tip fused with the cap last night and now I have something that looks like a funnel.
We have the Losi glue and I will bring some!
Maybell is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.