Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bshookup
If you value your RC community, is it wise to discuss the governance of local race programs on the rctech forum?
I joined SRCR because I found them on RC Tech and thought you were a bunch of decent guys. Coming to the Hanger confirmed that, and I'm glad I joined. But I gotta say that if I'd seen the last couple days worth of mudslinging when I was researching clubs, I would have written you all off and looked elsewhere. My day job is in marketing, and I can say with some authority that for every one active contributor, there are five more people just reading and following along. How many of those could possibly be future members? I sure was.

Point is, good discussion but a lousy debate. Keep it civil and avoid a lot of collateral damage.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

I know it's probably too late to put my two cents in on this debate, but I'll try anyways.

A lot has changed since I last raced, I think it was back in the SIR days....
and I have to agree with Pete, I've seen and heard of far too many tracks close up over the last 5 or more years, going back from my burien days, to Rain city, to my short time at SIR.

I have yet to race at the hanger, (usually scheduling conflicts) But when I heard about the first meeting about the permanent track, my dad and I were there, showing support for the hobby and the club itself. (He has also partcipated in clean-up work at the site.)

I think everyone would agree that we would love to have a permanent outdoor AND a permanent indoor track, but at the moment, a permanent outdoor facility with the help of parks and rec, seems like the more viable option at the time. (think recession....).

I truely believe that in the very near future we will have a perm. indoor track, but man, these things take time, and based on the history of indoor tracks around here over the years, I can't blame clubs and/or people for being gun-shy when it comes to investing money in something like that first.

It also seems like arguing on this forum site gets everyone nowhere, it only adds to drama at the track and takes away from the positive attitude that Todd, in this case, and the rest of the racers have worked hard to create. At some point it comes to a head and everyone pays the price. (Think no club at all.)

At this point, I'm just happy to see a track doing well, and I'm gonna try my hardest to make it out to one of these Saturday races, if not that, maybe a Wed. club race. Otherwise, see ya at TCS.

-Jesse Anderson
Old 11-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There's really only 3-4 people involved in the mudslinging.... hopefully these arguments don't drive people away.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I truely believe that in the very near future we will have a perm. indoor track, but man, these things take time,
Double-plus emphasis on taking time. It will happen..

I also hope this doesn't turn anyone away from a great program. Of those involved only a couple even participate in the club.

I think a good rule of thumb for RCTECH discussion is anything that is technical related, i.e, the TECH in RCTECH is suitable discussion. Anything that may raise the ire of others and treads more on personal opinion over just talking shop, should be raised in person.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Double-plus emphasis on taking time. It will happen..

I also hope this doesn't turn anyone away from a great program. Of those involved only a couple even participate in the club.

I think a good rule of thumb for RCTECH discussion is anything that is technical related, i.e, the TECH in RCTECH is suitable discussion. Anything that may raise the ire of others and treads more on personal opinion over just talking shop, should be raised in person.
or via PM.... well said Wes.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Well all I can say is that I ordered a REV 7 and will hopfully be at the hanger soon to race with you guys. Ive been away for wayyyy to long. I cant make wed night due to work So saturdays with have to work for now. See you guys soon just as soon as I get everything together.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I've deleted everything posted since losing my cool. Again, I apologize for that. It was never my intent to trash the forum.

Please feel free to do the same if you participated.

Have a good holiday season.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Legend

Bill , nice try guy ....
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Geo stop it please! Don't make me come down to Tacompton and kick your butt on and off the track! lol
Old 11-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Kody
Geo stop it please! Don't make me come down to Tacompton and kick your butt on and off the track! lol
Plan to be bringing some of that to U guys
next year on that H rug , big boy ....

and
Hurry up and get some down here cus the season is "heating" up @ TRCR .Jk

Old 11-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default Xray challenge December 2nd-4th

For those that couldn't make the TZGP last weekend you should consider the Xray Challenge coming up at the beginning of December. Paul Lemieux and Drew Ellis from Xray/RC America will be there racing and answering questions from racing, set up, chicks and just about anything in life!

Here's the link to Timezone Racing, http://timezoneracing.com/
Old 11-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Plan to be bringing some of that to U guys
next year on that H rug , big boy ....

and
Hurry up and get some down here cus the season is "heating" up @ TRCR .Jk

Cool I look forward to racing you in Mod next year then!

I'll be down by the first of the year for sure. Just need to get my ducks in a row first.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

WOW...

After being brow beat on the phone for the last 10 minutes by a reasonably pissed off mom I'd like to suggest this thread be deleted entirely and we start over...
Old 11-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Kody
Cool I look forward to racing you in Mod next year then!
Damm !

Your good ....
Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
WOW...

After being brow beat on the phone for the last 10 minutes by a reasonably pissed off mom I'd like to suggest this thread be deleted entirely and we start over...
Your mom reads RCTech?

-Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.