Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Hangar 30 Cup series points tally through the Wednesday 09Nov2011 race are attached below.

Is Hangar 30 racing awesome or what?! Driving with you all is such a blast!!!

Bill S.
Attached Files
Old 11-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bill,

Have you thought about getting into Virtual RC? It may be a way to get some practice and even racing in when you cant make it. It may not be the real thing but it still could help at least calm the "bug" a little and still used as a practice tool since there is so little time on track.

As far as indoor tracks. At least for square footage pricing.. MiniZ size would be the most affordable (ducks).

PS: If you do go the VR route and dont have a machine that can handle it. Talk to me, I can point you in the right direction to get something affordable nice.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Tech Legend

Bill
When I build my personal carpet track in the basement of my building in Tacoma ?

I want you to be the first test & dail in your ride on it .

Then when you go back up north, you will own those Hanger guys with no practice ....
Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Bill,

Have you thought about getting into Virtual RC? It may be a way to get some practice and even racing in when you cant make it. It may not be the real thing but it still could help at least calm the "bug" a little and still used as a practice tool since there is so little time on track.

As far as indoor tracks. At least for square footage pricing.. MiniZ size would be the most affordable (ducks).

PS: If you do go the VR route and dont have a machine that can handle it. Talk to me, I can point you in the right direction to get something affordable nice.
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Bill
When I build my personal carpet track in the basement of my building in Tacoma ?

I want you to be the first test & dail in your ride on it .

Then when you go back up north, you will own those Hanger guys with no practice ....

GWHIZ{Greg} please tell Me where I can download that GIF of the Dead Horse beating its head against the wall.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

I love RCTech.

Penis.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Roses are red.

Violets are blue.

I love RCTech.

Penis.
The Classic at 9:40 today

Some people say no way

I say way

Be there
Old 11-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
The Classic at 9:40 today

Some people say no way

I say way

Be there
I wish, I'm at Timezone for the GP. Winter parkas on the tee box are in accordance with the dress code? Haha
Old 11-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Pardon me for saying, but all this talk of gratefulness and faith is a little creepy. This isn't church. Nobody has any idea what's going on, save for what's cryptically posted here or selectively released at a State of the Union. 20-30 minutes of pseudo-indoor track time 2x/month is better than nothing, but is it so worth blindly defending that mention of other (obviously favorable) possibilities elicits shouts of impiety?

What's the status of onroad at SeaTac? Nada. It was first posted that we have a shit-ton of turf, so let's use it (off road first). No mention of budgets, just "we have turf, let's do off road first." And everyone, including me, lapped it up. When pressed about onroad "it's not in the budget." Well okay, that is certainly very possible. Is it budget? Is it the convenience of massive amounts of free turf? Is it that there are many other outdoor parks venues on the table? Is onroad at SeaTac even remotely considered at this point? Do you even care? Or is the convenience of one person doing nearly all the work worth taking whatever falls off the table?

This began with me expressing a desire for the CLUB to investigate the possibilities of a track that is at least seasonally permanent. I've essentially been met with member responses "don't shit where you sleep" and "how dare you criticize H30, dirty heathen." Todd essentially responded with "this isn't my focus."

This discussion has come to include questioning the nature of what we have been calling a "club" and how it functions under that descriptive term. One person runs the "club", this is fact. One person does the lion's share of legwork, research, brainstorming, purchasing, networking, and decision making. The "club" members essentially funds one person's goals and aspirations.

Is there any single "club" member who would honestly prefer a portable and temporary venue over something permanent, comfortable, and consistent? Does anyone actually believe there are ZERO options on the spectrum between a nomadic existence on public property and sole proprietorship?

Has anyone asked themselves "For who and what does SRCR exist?" Do you show up to race in the name of "service" to a greater good? Do you show to scratch the itch that has been building for weeks or months? Do you show because, honestly, it's the only game in town? Do you show to support one person's ideas and legacy of what onroad racing should be in this region? Has anyone asked if they're willing to support the direction this train is headed once a permanent facility opens again (because it WILL happen)?

I happen to believe if the "club" time, sweat, funds, and energy currently put forth were redirected towards the goal of a viable permanent indoor club carpet track it could be done (it would also squelch any possibility of a private indoor track snuffing us out). I've seen too many miraculous things happen in other enthusiast groups and nonprofits to believe otherwise. I also believe SRCR does not currently function as a club, and the brunt of that responsibility falls on every individual member/user.

Last edited by jubilee; 11-12-2011 at 02:32 PM. Reason: speeling
Old 11-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Bill do you need a maxipad brother, your leaving vaginal descretions after every post. Seeing as how you lost hundreds of thousands of dollars and your business you really think its a good idea to listen to you
Old 11-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Peeler
Bill do you need a maxipad brother, your leaving vaginal descretions after every post. Seeing as how you lost hundreds of thousands of dollars and your business you really think its a good idea to listen to you
Trav, it's "secretions". Yes I think it's a wonderful idea to listen to me. I don't post this shit for my health.

And you're hardly in a position to critique others' business or life decisions, brother. Few of us are.

Let's not get personal.

Last edited by jubilee; 11-12-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/9888868-post7933.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/9889413-post7939.html

Dude Trav, you need to make up your mind.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Legend

Bill you just got secretions all over the Peel's face.....
Old 11-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Bill you just got secretions all over the Peel's face.....
Geo as much as I know you're a sucker for a flame war, this isn't it.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

One person runs the "club", this is fact.
Bill,

This is not fact. You have no idea the amount of ideas Todd has had that the elected competition committee has shut down. Todd is a lot of the motivation in the club, that's a good club president, but to say he "runs the club" is as accurate as the claims that ROAR runs the club.

We would all love a awesome place to run, and there have been hundreds of emails exchanged on the subject. I personally have put more time and effort into it than you have, and I'm finding your hostility to be a little odd and what I thought would be out of character. Clearly I misjudged you.

You know how much work has gone into the club, of course people are going to be a little sensitive when someone comes along insinuating their hard work isn't good enough. You and Jakes little exchange and some of your comments at baffling however.

I'd love more practice time too, as the last place finisher several weeks in a row I would love to sit and work on my stuff. Sometimes it just doesn't happen and you have to rely on a little patience.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Bill,

This is not fact. You have no idea the amount of ideas Todd has had that the elected competition committee has shut down. Todd is a lot of the motivation in the club, that's a good club president, but to say he "runs the club" is as accurate as the claims that ROAR runs the club.

We would all love a awesome place to run, and there have been hundreds of emails exchanged on the subject. I personally have put more time and effort into it than you have, and I'm finding your hostility to be a little odd and what I thought would be out of character. Clearly I misjudged you.

You know how much work has gone into the club, of course people are going to be a little sensitive when someone comes along insinuating their hard work isn't good enough. You and Jakes little exchange and some of your comments at baffling however.

I'd love more practice time too, as the last place finisher several weeks in a row I would love to sit and work on my stuff. Sometimes it just doesn't happen and you have to rely on a little patience.
Wes,
I disagree. What you unfortunately interpret as "hostility" is difference of opinion and perspective. Sorry you feel you've misjudged me. I have regarded several times the amount of work that has allowed H30 in it's current state to function. I question the direction of the "club" and that it accurately lives up to that descriptor. There have been several things to bring me to this viewpoint. Two cases in point: If Todd left there would be no "club", and it is his fundamental vision that the club serves.

It would be nice if others who felt the same would speak up, as mine is not an altogether uncommon sentiment. I only speak for myself, however, and hold no ill will towards any individual. Time will tell, and if nobody chooses to join my voice I'll obviously just go away and wait for a permanent track...and sit all by myself when I'm there, apparently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.