Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Ritchie,

I'm headed down 0-dark:30 Saturday morning. Alex is coming with me, too.

Rock on TZGP!
Convoy... Rubber ducky.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Mr. Peeler, when I want to run my Slash, I can go down to TCRC pretty much whenever and get a few laps in for $3, so I figured H30 had something similar. Driving up from the south end on a Wednesday night is a no-go, and I don't want to learn my car during organized Saturday events for fear I'll cause an established racer to lose because I don't have enough time behind the wheel. Considering I have about two hours total experience with this car, that's a very distinct possibility.

So, excuse me all to hell for asking. Guess I'll just wait for spring and head back down to Tacoma or Olympia. Or, maybe I'll 're-evaluate my hobby choice' as you so succinctly put it, and just stick to off-road.

-dd

Originally Posted by Peeler

August 24-pre-season meeting

September 14 – club race Q1 Q2 Mains

September 18 (Sunday) - Indian Summer Indoor H30 Q1 Q3 Mains

September 28 – club race Q1 Q2 Mains

October 12 - club race Q1 Q2 Mains

October 26 – club race Q1 Q2 Mains

October 29 (Saturday) - All Hallows Indoor H30 Q1 Q2 Q3 Mains

November 2 – Benchcraft Seminar: Pan Cars

November 9- club race

November 23 – club race

November 26 (Saturday) – Thanksgiving Indoor H30

December 14 - club race

December 17 (Saturday) – Advent Indoor H30

January 11 – club race

January 14 - Icebox Indoor

January 25 - club race

February 8 – club race

February 11 (Saturday) - Valentine’s Indoor

February 22 - club race

March 10, 11(Saturday & Sunday) – Emerald City Classic H30

March 14 – club race

March 28 – club race

April 11 - club race

April 14 (Saturday) - Rainy April Indoor

April 25 – Season Finale

If you cant improve your skills with this many practice days and are only satified with rc if you can track rat a facility then maybe its time to re-evalute your hobby choice
Old 11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Ritchie,

I'm headed down 0-dark:30 Saturday morning. Alex is coming with me, too.

Rock on TZGP!
Thanks,

thinking about driving down to cheer you guys on, say hi to some cali friends
Old 11-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Night

Hangar 30 rolls on. 44 entries on the eve of the much-anticipated Timezone Grand Prix, with some outstanding racing put in for the enjoyment of the fans and the drivers.

An old friend of the sport, Doug Papka dropped in, and wham-bam-before-you-know-it he had the mic and was callling races. He did a great job, and I think I was not alone in it taking me back to some fun nights at the old Seattle Indoor Raceway. It's good to see someone able to step back into the scene, reconnect with old friends, make a contribution, and go home happy. And for sure, the night ran smoothly. He may be back for more.

I didn't call all the races, but what action I was plugged into was pretty awesome. The Stock Touring main was absolutely fantastic, with a full six minutes battle between Kody, Jeff, and Jake lighting up the hangar. In the end, it was Jake putting a stellar, clean, touring car racer's pass on Kuney for the final lead change. This, after Kody and Jeff both looked to have it handled at different points. But, none of the three would back down or give up. A great win for Jake. It's hard to believe that this is "just" club racing.

I'm trying to some new things with my car (thank you pan car seminar!) and it seems to be working. The yellow/black combo worked better than anything else to date, along with some fairly big chassis changes. I held my second Q spot on the grid, with Bodine taking the win.

The new tire truer saw action, as well. It's niiicce!

Good luck to those heading down to the TZGP. I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning. Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (43.5 KB, 62 views)
Round2.txt (45.3 KB, 68 views)
Round3.txt (34.1 KB, 82 views)
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

AND!!!! Doug belted out his version of "loose wheel". Even though it should have been a rendition of "torn corner". Thanks again Doug for the outstanding race commentary.

I am loaded up and heading south as I am sure many are.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omega655
Mr. Peeler, when I want to run my Slash, I can go down to TCRC pretty much whenever and get a few laps in for $3, so I figured H30 had something similar. Driving up from the south end on a Wednesday night is a no-go, and I don't want to learn my car during organized Saturday events for fear I'll cause an established racer to lose because I don't have enough time behind the wheel. Considering I have about two hours total experience with this car, that's a very distinct possibility.

So, excuse me all to hell for asking. Guess I'll just wait for spring and head back down to Tacoma or Olympia. Or, maybe I'll 're-evaluate my hobby choice' as you so succinctly put it, and just stick to off-road.

-dd
Excuse Trav, he's talented enough to race at the highest levels with no or little practice. He doesn't know what it's like for normal racers who need all the practice they can get.

That being said I do think Trav could be one of the top national racers if he practiced 2-3 times a week I remember seeing him practicing till midnight during the weeks leading up to his first national win in Cali.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Excuse Trav, he's talented enough to race at the highest levels with no or little practice. He doesn't know what it's like for normal racers who need all the practice they can get.

That being said I do think Trav could be one of the top national racers if he practiced 2-3 times a week I remember seeing him practicing till midnight during the weeks leading up to his first national win in Cali.
Hey Mike
Did you get the Xray yet?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey Mike
Did you get the Xray yet?
Nope, my kit shipped yesterday so I won't get it until Fri or Sat.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Completely understanding the epic success of H30 and Seattle RC Racers, I have to ask: is there a next step, and if so what is it?

I'd like to express the extreme want for a permanent or semi-permanent club track.

As much as I REALLY want Wed night racing to work (for me), in reality it's more an affair of rushing and ill-preparedness than pure racing enjoyment. There's only so much a non-seasoned driver can do at home when all you get every 2 weeks is less than an hour of practice time and a couple race heats. Last night I ran one practice session and raced 2 heats, then left before the mains for bed. Approx 18-20 min of track time total for an entire evening.

As successful as H30 has been attracting new racers, is it realistic to expect people to invest hundreds (thousands?) and ultimately leave them pleased with that significant investment? I take part in a few rather spendy hobbies and none come close to the "dollars per minute of activity" of onroad RC as it currently exists in our region.

Guess I'm saying I miss running laps until I need a rest, and miss hanging out at the track on a leisurely off-day. The people, the track, the race program are so awesome at H30. But the uber temporary nature and severe time limitations are monster buzzkills.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Completely understanding the epic success of H30 and Seattle RC Racers, I have to ask: is there a next step, and if so what is it?

I'd like to express the extreme want for a permanent or semi-permanent club track.

As much as I REALLY want Wed night racing to work (for me), in reality it's more an affair of rushing and ill-preparedness than pure racing enjoyment. There's only so much a non-seasoned driver can do at home when all you get every 2 weeks is less than an hour of practice time and a couple race heats. Last night I ran one practice session and raced 2 heats, then left before the mains for bed. Approx 18-20 min of track time total for an entire evening.

As successful as H30 has been attracting new racers, is it realistic to expect people to invest hundreds (thousands?) and ultimately leave them pleased with that significant investment? I take part in a few rather spendy hobbies and none come close to the "dollars per minute of activity" of onroad RC as it currently exists in our region.

Guess I'm saying I miss running laps until I need a rest, and miss hanging out at the track on a leisurely off-day. The people, the track, the race program are so awesome at H30. But the uber temporary nature and severe time limitations are monster buzzkills.
The Seatac Track.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
piper48

Default I wasn't there

Wow, 28 lapper in stock TC...great run Jake.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default rut-roh

http://www.redrc.net/2011/11/team-ma...ar/#more-48891
Old 11-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Need someone to build a race facility exactly like this one but in the Seattle area. Never seen a facility with three indoor tracks (two carpet and 1 asphalt)and one offroad track. Click on tracks to switch cameras.

http://kyamerin.com/YTB/vtour.html
Old 11-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Bill,

I read your post and all I can say is that I feel for you. Sincerely, I hope you can find a way to match your enthusiasm with your expectations, your ambition with your potential. It's something we all struggle to do in every aspect of our lives. If "getting real" always meant "give up your dreams," it would be a sorry-ass way to live. I don't wish it on anyone.

My durable enthusiasm for RC racing stands on three sturdy legs. First, I enjoy racing. It is ironic that the ultimate focus of our effort should be the part of the whole project which takes the least amount of time. On the other hand, imagine being a professional bull rider! At least in 1/12th scale it's three runs for eight minutes.

Second, I enjoy working on my cars, both at home and at the track. The investment in my own mechanical competence (as modest as it may be) is a worthwhile project. To dig into an RC car is to be an amateur engineer/physicist/electrician/inventor all at once. It's a rare and rewarding hobby.

Third, and this is the strength of a nonprofit club, I value the opportunity to serve. We all serve simply by showing up to race. But, there are always opportunities when one becomes involved with a club to grow the dimension of service to our hobby and sport. I take pride in it, and I think most of our fellow club members take pride in that part of their racing identity as well.

I can't identify any Seattle RC Racers-specific opportunities for a permanent, or seasonally permanent indoor track at this time. However, I am ambitious to grow our footprint and expand our base of assets. When I consider that a metro government has set aside hundreds of thousands of dollars of property for development of RC faclities in the past 18 months, with more opportunities to pursue, I am encouraged. When I take stock of the club's relationship with the Seattle Parks Department managers and staff, I am encouraged. How little time has passed since the first post on this thread. Yet, how far we've come. In short, I'm a believer in the future of the Seattle RC Racers.

From me to you, Bill: please hang in with us. It's good to have you at the hangar.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
The Seatac Track.
Sorry Drew, I should have elaborated. Carpet. Indoor. Good lights. Heat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.