Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 AM
  #7906  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
No... going to a concert.
Who you seeing?
jubilee is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 08:28 AM
  #7907  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,738
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
12R5.1 servo suggestions? I have a Fut 9650 but can get a deal on Savox... any nods?
Hey Kyle,

Nothing but good luck with my 9650's. The original in my first car is still going strong after 3 1/2 years, and the new one in my new car has been flawless so far. A great servo for the price.

That said, I know nothing about the Savox...could be the deal of the century. I don't know.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 08:36 AM
  #7908  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,192
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Guys,
Something that a few of us last year did was take a road trip up to Vancouver Island. Turns out all of us had a blast and promised we'd be back. This year, our Canadian neighbors have a Western Canadian Indoor Series that has been extended out to the Island. It will be hosted Jan 6-8 just north of Victoria, actually it's in Sidney. Two host clubs are working on this event: IROCC & NRC. I just took a quick glance over to some of the Canadian threads and couldn't find a link to the entry flyer. Blake has emailed a flyer to me, but I don't know how to down size the file to post it to rctech. So if you are interested, PM me you email and I will forward the flyer. They are racing 17.5 TC blinky, 13.5 TC open, 17.5 12th open, 10.5 12th open, WGT 13.5 open, and Mini w/ Orca spec. The track is comparable to ours at 92x48'. If you are interested in going and do not have your passport or enhanced drivers id, it would be a good to get a jump on it. The guys are truly a great bunch to race with and don't be fooled, they have their A Game going.
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 AM
  #7909  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Samwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 295
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Brian, YGPM! Sounds awesome. I'll try to make it if circumstances permit. Probably would run 17.5 12th scale or 17.5 sedan if the Xray is ready haha!
Samwise is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 AM
  #7910  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,084
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Guys,
Something that a few of us last year did was take a road trip up to Vancouver Island. Turns out all of us had a blast and promised we'd be back. This year, our Canadian neighbors have a Western Canadian Indoor Series that has been extended out to the Island. It will be hosted Jan 6-8 just north of Victoria, actually it's in Sidney. Two host clubs are working on this event: IROCC & NRC. I just took a quick glance over to some of the Canadian threads and couldn't find a link to the entry flyer. Blake has emailed a flyer to me, but I don't know how to down size the file to post it to rctech. So if you are interested, PM me you email and I will forward the flyer. They are racing 17.5 TC blinky, 13.5 TC open, 17.5 12th open, 10.5 12th open, WGT 13.5 open, and Mini w/ Orca spec. The track is comparable to ours at 92x48'. If you are interested in going and do not have your passport or enhanced drivers id, it would be a good to get a jump on it. The guys are truly a great bunch to race with and don't be fooled, they have their A Game going.
Here is the flyer, I converted it into jpeg so RC tech could handle the format and size.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-speedweekend_2012_carpet_poster.jpg  
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
  #7911  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

This sounds fun. Last year was a good time! I'll see if I can get a weekend pass...
jubilee is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 01:47 PM
  #7912  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,079
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hi H30ers,


Thank you to Brian for posting up some preliminary info for the Victoria trophy race. Brian is one of our biggest fans and has travelled up our way 3x in the last 16 months!

I have attached a PDF version of the race flyer incase it's easier to print than the JPG version above. To avoid spamming the H30 thread, I will create a separate thread in the Northwest Forum in the next couple of days.

Obviously cross border racing presents a small wrinkle (Passport or Enhanced Drivers License) but I think you'll find that it's worth it. We had 120 entries at our event last winter with 40 alone in 12th Scale.

This year we have a new 8000 square foot facility (heated) in Sidney BC, less than five minutes from the BC and WA ferry terminals. The hotel is literally across the street from the track, and there are many restaurants/fast-food within a block or two.


Blake
Attached Files
Blake is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
  #7913  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lynnwood, Washington
Posts: 1,257
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Blake
Hi H30ers,


Thank you to Brian for posting up some preliminary info for the Victoria trophy race. Brian is one of our biggest fans and has travelled up our way 3x in the last 16 months!

I have attached a PDF version of the race flyer incase it's easier to print than the JPG version above. To avoid spamming the H30 thread, I will create a separate thread in the Northwest Forum in the next couple of days.

Obviously cross border racing presents a small wrinkle (Passport or Enhanced Drivers License) but I think you'll find that it's worth it. We had 120 entries at our event last winter with 40 alone in 12th Scale.

This year we have a new 8000 square foot facility (heated) in Sidney BC, less than five minutes from the BC and WA ferry terminals. The hotel is literally across the street from the track, and there are many restaurants/fast-food within a block or two.


Blake
Sounds great. Looking forward to racing there for the first time.
malkiy is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 02:56 PM
  #7914  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,738
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, Blake! Great club, great club racing program. This is my travel race for this season

The SS Mason will be rolling up for this one. Get your spot now if you want a ride.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 04:15 PM
  #7915  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,738
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Veterans Day

As most know, Magnuson Park, the home of Hangar 30 and the Seattle RC Racers, used to be Naval Air Station Sandpoint. This Friday we celebrate Veterans Day. Please take a minute to remember and honor those who have served in the armed forces. The 11th minute, of the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month, 1918 marked the armistice which ended World War 1.

This link is to an interesting short piece written by a serviceman at Sandpoint. There is a picture of what Magnuson used to look like. Pick out Hangar 30.

http://www.sandptnavsta.org/Pearl-Harbor-Day.html

Last edited by PutAwayWet; 11-08-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Holy Big Picture Batman!
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 06:27 PM
  #7916  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TC6 Gear Diffs!!!

TC6 Gear Diffs and the new Solid Spool will be available within the week! I am getting a order together so please PM me, let me know at the Hangar or call the shop if you would like me to get them for you.
Maybell is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
  #7917  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
GreenSC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
TC6 Gear Diffs and the new Solid Spool will be available within the week! I am getting a order together so please PM me, let me know at the Hangar or call the shop if you would like me to get them for you.
How will the gear diff compare to the ball diff in the rear?
GreenSC10 is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 PM
  #7918  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GreenSC10
How will the gear diff compare to the ball diff in the rear?
They make the car go around the track faster...end of story.
Maybell is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 07:14 PM
  #7919  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
GreenSC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
They make the car go around the track faster...end of story.
A true sales man Ill take three....
GreenSC10 is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 PM
  #7920  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (17)
 
arn671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 564
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default T3 12'

Mike, Sam, Bill(Jubilee), Jake and anyone else...

Nexus has a few kits in stock!

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...fd657c84d5b3aa

last count was 5 kits.
arn671 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.