Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arn671
Hey guys, what have you all settled on for 12th rollout with a d3? Timing? Thanks
On my Associated, I think I'm running about 80-85mm of rollout with the timing on the D3 as high as it can go. I would start with 80mm in practice, gear up if necessary.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Since I am being a looser this morning.....

36x80 was Raceway size, wouldn't want to go any smaller. I am going to say I wouldn't worry about our current carpet. It's good.

As for a Friday series, I wouldn't be to hip on that. Maybe a one time big promoted thing, but I wouldn't be able to support a regular thing.

I heard Weylan comment Wed night: "12th scale is looking good, maybe I should get one again."

Even saw Curry wandering the building (was probably looking for a stray cheeseburger).

Who's this Garret guy? I remember someone that used to do tricks on the track, wonder if its the same guy.

Marty Barnes was looking for the jumps (pssst, they were in the right side sweeper).

I even spotted Chris Perry soaking up some H30 atmosphere.

Now if we could just dig up a Dan Garber, Paul Leask, Chris Gambini, Andrew Cartwright or a Brad Johnson.... it would be like putting the band back together.
If Garrett is there Saturday he is cutting my motors! braaaaaaaap!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Benchcraft Seminar: Brian gave me a peek of his curriculum for next Wednesday, and I will say it is outstanding stuff. The section on tires is better than anything I have seen anywhere, online or off. For those planning to attend, it will be totally worth your time. For those on the fence, hop off! And for those who can't make it, don't despair. We will polish it up and post it for later study.

LRP X12 Motor: I was so excited when I blew past Trav on the straight that I promptly stuffed my car into a pipe and knocked the motor forward in it's mount. Anyway, it's wicked fast. If it were in better hands, we would be knocking on 41 laps, I'm sure of it. Anyway, since I believe in sharing info in spec classes...X12 13.5/2-dot insert/1s rotor/85mm rollout/TP 65c/120 deg at end of run. Dialed

Tires: I've been running CRC Magenta/Magenta all season, and the car has been good. And they're durable! 4 races on one set. But...I'm thinking I'm giving up something to those ahead of me. After talking with Trav and Brian, and them describing their cars, mine is a tick harder to drive. The grip is such that it's more nervous than I'd like. I can tune out the grip, but then it pushes a bit. Tune it back in, and if I slip my concentration for an instant, I brush a pipe or veer offline and give up tenths, or worse. So...I'm going to try the yellow/black combo that has worked so well at the top end of the field. Brian believes it is more forgiving, more consistent, and easier to drive that little bit faster. Here's hoping it works!

Small track: I've stood in the H30 shop many times and imagined a small track in there. I have no doubt it would work. We're the masters of the temporary track. Seriously, we have it wired. We could engineer a 15-minute-build track for the shop. It's the program that is the hard part. I like to finish the season like we start: strong. I just fear that come February we would be dragging and both programs would suffer for it. Not to mention the impact on the rest of the racing ecosystem in the region.

It's not easy to find one person with ample energy, wisdom, generosity, and imagination. But...a club! A club has all those qualities on tap. I am confident we will arrive at the right decision for most of our members most of the time.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Dirtfish Rally School

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop you all a note to let you know about the deal they announced at Dirtfish Rally School. They're running a half off promo for their anniversary, which is the same as the Groupon they did a few months back. You can get the 2 hour course for $200 or the 4 hour for $325. I did the 4 hour a few months back and it was ridiculous.

I realize this may sound like an infomercial, but I had so much fun last time that I thought it was worth posting in case you weren't aware.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Small track: I've stood in the H30 shop many times and imagined a small track in there. I have no doubt it would work. We're the masters of the temporary track. Seriously, we have it wired. We could engineer a 15-minute-build track for the shop. It's the program that is the hard part. I like to finish the season like we start: strong. I just fear that come February we would be dragging and both programs would suffer for it. Not to mention the impact on the rest of the racing ecosystem in the region.

It's not easy to find one person with ample energy, wisdom, generosity, and imagination. But...a club! A club has all those qualities on tap. I am confident we will arrive at the right decision for most of our members most of the time.
I sent a return PM before reading this. Agreed.

I'd be game to meet up and bang a setup out. Maybe try a Fri or Sat 1/12 (or all-pan car) extravaganza in the dead of winter? The annual H30 1/12 Winter Warmer, perhaps? Mmmmm...toasty.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Tires: I've been running CRC Magenta/Magenta all season, and the car has been good. And they're durable! 4 races on one set. But...I'm thinking I'm giving up something to those ahead of me. After talking with Trav and Brian, and them describing their cars, mine is a tick harder to drive. The grip is such that it's more nervous than I'd like. I can tune out the grip, but then it pushes a bit. Tune it back in, and if I slip my concentration for an instant, I brush a pipe or veer offline and give up tenths, or worse. So...I'm going to try the yellow/black combo that has worked so well at the top end of the field. Brian believes it is more forgiving, more consistent, and easier to drive that little bit faster. Here's hoping it works!
I've been running Jaco black fronts and yellow rears for most of the season. On Wednesday night, I decided to go with lilac fronts and liked the handling difference. The lilac fronts are more aggressive, but that can be easily dialed out to driver preference with dual rate and a softer center spring to keep the rear tires planted. Overall, I liked the change; for me, the black fronts required a lot of servo throw to get the steering I wanted. I started on a 38 lap pace at the beginning of the qualifier (my best so far), but dropped down mostly due to lazy driving haha! My car seems to wash out easily on the sweeper, though.

On a side note: Also on Wednesday I tried the SpeedMerchant tube conversion for the first time. I need more time with it to give any final thoughts on the difference, but my initial impression is that the car seemed more neutral. If anyone else is thinking of trying the conversion, I also recommend using the soft side springs included from SpeedMerchant. They seem to work better.

On a second side note: I'm now using the CRC Encore center shock on my Associated. It is much much much easier to build than the Associated one in my experience, but gets bubbles in the shock oil more easily. It's built like a very small sedan shock. By flipping the small front graphite vertical plate around (the one attached to the antenna mount), the length of the CRC shock is perfect! It took me a while to figure that out...

Hope this info is helpful!

Peace,
Sam
Old 10-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default LRP Software Updates

New SSX V2 TC Spec firmware has now been released.

In a couple hours I will be ready to update speedos at the shop.

If someone with a ton more computer skill than me wants to bring a lap top all ready to go for the race tomorrow, I will bring the usb device so we can do updates at the track!?

Last edited by Maybell; 10-28-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sean, bring the USB device and I'll bring a laptop . I'll download the latest software/ firmware ( tonight ). I'm assuming the software is available online already ?

Jake

Originally Posted by Maybell
New SSX V2 TC Spec software has now been released.

If someone with a ton more computer skill than me wants to bring a lap top all ready to go for the race tomorrow, I will bring the usb device so we can do updates at the track!?
Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm going to try the yellow/black combo that has worked so well at the top end of the field. Brian believes it is more forgiving, more consistent, and easier to drive that little bit faster. Here's hoping it works!
In Q1 I tried yellow/black and it was fine. At about 7 minutes the rears didn't feel like they wanted to hang on anymore, and it was getting difficult to drive fast. I ran a "easy" 37 laps even though I had a few large mistakes.

In the main I went back to magenta/magenta at the same diameter and the car felt fast but harder to drive in comparison. They don't feel as good as they did when it was warmer, but that could just be cold track syndrome setting in.

I think I am going to settle with yellow/black OR go with magenta/pink.

I ran them 43mm front, 45mm rear.

As for motor talk, interesting fact about fade coming from mine. In Q1 my car was 'pretty fast' rolled out at 87mm and it didn't feel like it faded at all. In the main I went two teeth bigger and the car was 'holy shit fast' for about 4 minutes and then got tuckered out and wanted a nap. Just goes to show how a small change can mean big results.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default New Manual for SXX V2 TC Spec - V4.0 Firmware!

Originally Posted by Maybell
New SSX V2 TC Spec software has now been released.

I will have a new manual for V4.0 Firmware users who we update at the track tomorrow!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Sean, bring the USB device and I'll bring a laptop . I'll download the latest software/ firmware ( tonight ). I'm assuming the software is available online already ?

Jake
Yes its available! I will bring it along with some copies of the new manual. Thanks Jake!

Last edited by Maybell; 10-28-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tub News!!!!!

The Trinity Pinions are HERE!!!

Now in the Tub, every gear between 45-54!!!! yeee hawww!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I will have some of the new High Velocity 2S (6000 60C) and 1S (5600 60C) if anyone wants to give them a try, I will have charged up and ready to go. They have bullet connectors and I will have deans adaptors available.

I will also be running the not yet released to the masses Viper VTX1 in my WGT car with a whole lota too much for me boost loaded up with the oh so easy Viper Pro Gauge.

I will have some stuff to sell to if anyone is interested..
(2) virtually brand new ProTek 5000 40C 1S
A low volt cut out modded Novak Smart Boost
High Fives and/or hugs

See you cool guys who play with toy cars in the morning...
Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreenSC10
For stock touring whats the sweet spot for gearing? I just switched to a 93/47 giving me 3.957. I was 96/50 that gave me 3.84.
I'm running the LRP 17.5, new LRP TC, 4 dot conservative timing on the motor.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
I will have some of the new High Velocity 1S (5600 60C) if anyone wants to give them a try, I will have charged up and ready to go. They have bullet connectors and I will have deans adaptors available.

High Fives and/or Thugs

See you cool guys who play with toy cars in the morning...
"Bitch'n!", Some New LiPo's 4 me to "Deflate and or otherwise Abuuuuzzzze"......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.