Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Single Malt Tire Sauce

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Single malt works just fine, bring it over to my pit table and we can discuss proper application.
-a
Thanks for the offer, I've been going through it like crazy and my cornering hasn't improved, if anything it's gotten worse. Does it need to go on the tires or something?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Sam,

From running LRP stuff myself, and sitting next to the Panda at Nationals and listening to the debate between Hebert and Cochran...

All three SXX ESC's--the Comp, Stock Spec, and TC--work great for blinky spec racing. For boosted spec racing, ie. 17.5 Super Stock, the Stock Spec is the ticket. The only ticket in LRP-land. The debate begins for Modified. What it boils down to is that some prefer the Stock Spec in Modified, some prefer the TC spec. It's a nuance thing involving brake feel, boost profiles with mod motors, and blah blah frickety blah. If your mod driving has evolved to the point where you're finessing those differences, then good on ya. You won't get the answer here, only your trigger finger will tell.

FWIW from me: go with the Stock Spec. It covers all the bases.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
Shoot, we might as well stay out and fish. I'll bring beer and steaks.
Temping, but I am really looking forward to racing tonight.

Gang! I want to refurbish the busted pipes tonight, so as we unload the carts, inspect for damage. I will have my screw gun handy. I will swap out the wooden plug, slap on some velcro and we'll be back in business.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Default Benchcraft Seminar: Pan Cars

What is benchcraft? It is the work you do to prepare your car for the track. Quality benchcraft wins races. Shoddy benchcraft sends racers home frustrated.

The Seattle RC Racers are sponsoring a free seminar for all racers, club members and guests, with the goal of improving your benchcraft. The focus will be on pan cars, but the lessons are applicable to all classes. Two of the finest pan car racers in the U.S., with mutiple championships between them, will be the lead instructors: Brian Bodine and Peter Robinson.

Benchcraft Seminar: Pan Cars
Wednesday, November 2
7pm
Garden Room of Brig
(The Brig is directly east of Hangar 30)

Bring your car and pit bag and prepare for learning. Tables and chairs are provided. And again, this is a free seminar sponsored by the Seattle RC Racers. Thank you to Brian and Pete for volunteering your time and hard-earned wisdom.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
What is benchcraft? It is the work you do to prepare your car for the track. Quality benchcraft wins races. Shoddy benchcraft sends racers home frustrated.

The Seattle RC Racers are sponsoring a free seminar for all racers, club members and guests, with the goal of improving your benchcraft. The focus will be on pan cars, but the lessons are applicable to all classes. Two of the finest pan car racers in the U.S., with mutiple championships between them, will be the lead instructors: Brian Bodine and Peter Robinson.

Benchcraft Seminar: Pan Cars
Wednesday, November 2
7pm
Garden Room of Brig
(The Brig is directly east of Hangar 30)

Bring your car and pit bag and prepare for learning. Tables and chairs are provided. And again, this is a free seminar sponsored by the Seattle RC Racers. Thank you to Brian and Pete for volunteering your time and hard-earned wisdom.
I do not wish to be a nagging Nelly, but is there anyway Todd we could change that to a friday or maybe start earlier? I really wish to attend this but can't at 7pm.

That being asked nice work on getting one organized.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Someone could just video tape it and burn it to a disk.. That would be cool to have something to reflect on after the clas is over
Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Hey Sean,

Would you be willing to throw a bottle of SXT in the tub for a newbie? I'm just getting started and don't have any sauce (except single malt).

Thanks,

-Kyle Bradshaw
Originally Posted by oldrcr
Single malt works just fine, bring it over to my pit table and we can discuss proper application.

-a

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle
Thanks for the offer, I've been going through it like crazy and my cornering hasn't improved, if anything it's gotten worse. Does it need to go on the tires or something?

The amount is all that is important. All you have to do is keep applying it until all your problems go away, thats all I do.

See ya tonight.

-a
Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default 12th Scale Jaco Rear Tires

Hi all,

Great racing from everyone last night! It's wonderful to race with such experienced and friendly people.

So, question:

Yellow rear tires for 12th scale are becoming few and far between. What is the closest compound to yellow out there that Jaco makes? I'm running a mutated Associated chassis, so Jaco's would be preferred. I looked up the shore numbers and think it would be one of these three:

Orange or Pink or White (rear tires)

Thanks a bundle!

Zoom, Zoom,
Sam
Old 10-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Thumbs up I'm shocked.

http://www.redrc.net/2011/10/a-bette...r-from-t-shox/
Old 10-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Transponder

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Awesome! VTA or RCGT style? I've got tires for either that you can use if needed. I've also got a spare transponder if you need that.
Hey Mike,

I meant to track you down lat night to see if I couild borrow that transponder, but I blew up my steering servo about 5 minutes before practice ended and got side tracked. Are you racing this Saturday? If so, I'll track you down during practice.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Race Night

Another great night of racing. Despite the Viaduct work and the hassle it's causing for some of our south end racers, we had a strong showing with 48 entries and solid racing in our core classes: Stock TC, Stock 1/12th, Scale Spec, and Novice.

Stock Touring was again a good battle between Jeff Kuney and Jake Danilchik. Jake set the mark in round one, then Jeff answered in round two, securing the TQ. I want to remark on the overall quality of the driving in our Stock TC field. It is high. Especially in our qualifying rounds, I am seeing incremental, consistent improvement in everyone's race handling. Faster and slower cars are working together to give everyone a shot at a clean run. Being overly aggressive simply doesn't produce good results, and the lesson is getting through. Well done.

Scale Spec saw some action. While Bill made the most of his TQ and checked out early, the midpack battle between Ron, Rob, and Donn was intense and seesawed throughout the main. And to top it off, all three were driving good looking cars: Ron with a Petty 'Cuda, Rob with a yellow Pantera, and Donn with a green something or other. Concourse, however, goes to Mark for the orange and white vintage ride with chrome bumpers. Good detail.

Mod TC made a showing. And while only Jake and Sean went the distance on the night, the main still held the attention of the hangar. I sensed a collective memory stirring: Oh...that's right, Mod TC is awesome. Sean earned a well-deserved bit of applause for a tone to tone flawless run.

Another night with Novices filling the drivers stand. More than any other factor: the strength of our program, the success of our club, and the future of our hobby is up there with those new racers. I want to extend my thanks to everyone who contributes to the race night and makes H30 a welcoming environment for newcomers. Thank you. Let's keep it rolling.

1/12th Scale is the balls! Since I followed my best qualifying performance with a motor-knocking-spur-stripping-opportunity-wasting-pipe-stuff I got to watch the mid-pack action between Sean, Wes, Tracy, and Sam. It was all bunched up and the tension was high. Well run, gentlemen. The fans appreciated the effort.

Finally, thanks to Brian and Jake for hustling up some fresh replacement pipe during setup. It spruced up the track. Thanks for seeing to the details.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (51.1 KB, 65 views)
Round2.txt (52.8 KB, 51 views)
Round3.txt (40.3 KB, 92 views)
Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Pete and Wes: Will you guys shoot me a parts list for the Speed Merchant old skool front end. I've got a pretty good idea of what I need but don't want to miss anything that's not obvious to a noob. Thanks.

Pete I'll get your invoice paid today....would like to talk a little about design before you put any work into the wrap.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:58 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

That's funny those type design shock being around maybe 10 years ago...
Old 10-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samwise
Hi all,

Great racing from everyone last night! It's wonderful to race with such experienced and friendly people.

So, question:

Yellow rear tires for 12th scale are becoming few and far between. What is the closest compound to yellow out there that Jaco makes? I'm running a mutated Associated chassis, so Jaco's would be preferred. I looked up the shore numbers and think it would be one of these three:

Orange or Pink or White (rear tires)

Thanks a bundle!

Zoom, Zoom,
Sam
Orange and Pink are going to feel pretty similar, but the pink will wear less. Orange will be better for the speed we are going. Can't really suggest whites, it would likely push too much. You may also look to Parma or Xceed as they are the same foam.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Last Night - Scale Spec

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Another great night of racing. Despite the Scale Spec saw some action. While Bill made the most of his TQ and checked out early, the midpack battle between Ron, Rob, and Donn was intense and seesawed throughout the main.
I also want to give props to the Scale Spec guys for avoiding the rolling Audi roadblock the entire night. Hopefully I didn't hold anybody up too badly. The learning curve is kind of steep, but progress was made thanks to everyeone's help and patience. I managed to post two more laps (17 in Q1 and Q2 vs 19 in the Main) per race by the end of the night. Only two more laps per heat and I'll see you in the midfield.

Is it Saturday yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.