Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Friend of mine is all excited to join the fun, the loan program hooks another junkie... Does anyone of you have a 1/12 rolling chassis for sale? If so let me know what you got, only requirements is it being a lipo car and a newer car.

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:06 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Friend of mine is all excited to join the fun, the loan program hooks another junkie... Does anyone of you have a 1/12 rolling chassis for sale? If so let me know what you got, only requirements is it being a lipo car and a newer car.

Thanks.
I might have one sell...Rev4.5 or Rev5
Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Panda has been absent lately.. Thanks Jake, I appreciate that. I will grease them up good. A ittle chatter is normal but this would shake the car of my foam block. I talked with Sean as well and he said the pros leave the set screw out of the barrel and ca the clip on. He says it frees it up without egging the hole. I will give a report on that after I get my butt handed to me in vegas. . Ordering up a new servo as well.
just a fyi, a no load situation such as up on blocks with create more chatter then on the track under load..
Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

And also for what its worth.....

After reading Grants situation....

I took my 5 run old TC6, set it up on blocks, fired up partial throttle, turned the steering slowly to lock (no more then 75% dr) and got more chatter then grade school girls on recess. I have the C rings CA'ed, no set screw, slickery greased, tires on, so on, so forth. My 12th wheels never made that racket.

Guess that's what they do.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Jubille you say ,but the two bump-ups from the B-main were hack-tastic in the A main from the start ... Why dont YOU get your facts straight before spouting your mouth off dude , i was one of the bump ups and i didnt touch any one ...
Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000

I took my 5 run old TC6, set it up on blocks, fired up partial throttle, turned the steering slowly to lock (no more then 75% dr) and got more chatter then grade school girls on recess. I have the C rings CA'ed, no set screw, slickery greased, tires on, so on, so forth. My 12th wheels never made that racket.

That's pretty much what a non-ECS car does, those XRAY fancy shafts and the Losi LCD's spin reasonably smoother...but just like Ritchie said, they chatter less under load; but I imagine under deceleration and through corner transition they probably still chatter some. I've never really cared myself unless there was enough play that it caused the front tires to load at different times when going on/off throttle.

If you take a car with old tires, and carpet you don't care about, hold it somewhat up off the carpet and throttle it and turn the tires, you see the chatter go down substantially.

---

Thanks for the quick car offers, we may have ourselves another pan car racer. +1 for the loaner program.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000

I talked to Sean today about that on my TC6 and its normal. When I got home I ran it on the carpet and no chatter. Wes is correct with a load there is less to no chatter.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tuna6
Jubille you say ,but the two bump-ups from the B-main were hack-tastic in the A main from the start ... Why dont YOU get your facts straight before spouting your mouth off dude , i was one of the bump ups and i didnt touch any one ...
All I can tell you is on the tone both you guys pinned the throttle and buttholed cars in front of you (mine included). Whether it's on or off road, it's bad race etiquette. A couple folks on the stand pointed your two cars out after the race.

As I said, my driving could have been better too. I don't believe you "didn't touch anyone" because that race was a mess. Anyway man, don't take it personal....it's just a suggestion based on comments and observations. I've had people tell me to watch my race etiquette in the past.

Sorry if I offended you. No harm meant. My name is Bill E., feel free to talk to me at the next race. Have a good weekend.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jubilee
All I can tell you is on the tone both you guys pinned the throttle and buttholed cars in front of you (mine included). Whether it's on or off road, it's bad race etiquette. A couple folks on the stand pointed your two cars out after the race.

As I said, my driving could have been better too. I don't believe you "didn't touch anyone" because that race was a mess. Anyway man, don't take it personal....it's just a suggestion based on comments and observations. I've had people tell me to watch my race etiquette in the past.

Sorry if I offended you. No harm meant. My name is Bill E., feel free to talk to me at the next race. Have a good weekend.
Don't listen to this guy, there is a lot of winning to be done on the tone, pull that trigger for all it's worth and take them all on the outside.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

---

Thanks for the quick car offers, we may have ourselves another pan car racer. +1 for the loaner program.
I have (2), virtually brand new, ProTek 5000 40c w/ deans, 1S i would donate to the pan car loaner program...
Old 09-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Don't listen to this guy, there is a lot of winning to be done on the tone, pull that trigger for all it's worth and take them all on the outside.
Mr. Briscoe, with all due respect, and remember I'm sayin' with all due respect, that idea ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thinking of Selling My F104 Black Special

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of selling my F1 car, a Tamiya F104 Black Special. I wanted to give my friends at the Hangar first dibs, so I have not yet posted it on any "For Sale" forums or eBay.

Though I have not decided on a price yet, the car will include many many spare and hop-up parts, a Tekin brushed ESC, a servo installed, two silver can motors and 2 or 3 painted bodies in various conditions.

As there was some talk about running an F1 class at the Hangar, I thought someone might be interested.

I placed 2nd at the TCS Regional with this car; it works just fine

Anyway, if any Hangar friends are interested, send me a PM, I can take and send pics on request. If there is no interest, I will post it on the Northwest For Sale forum.

Peace,
Sam

Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You GUYS are all a bunch of GIRLS
Old 09-30-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

You people are in the wrong on this one! So in the wrong! This is egregious! You hear me? Egregious!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's pretty much what a non-ECS car does, those XRAY fancy shafts and the Losi LCD's spin reasonably smoother...but just like Ritchie said, they chatter less under load; but I imagine under deceleration and through corner transition they probably still chatter some. I've never really cared myself unless there was enough play that it caused the front tires to load at different times when going on/off throttle.

If you take a car with old tires, and carpet you don't care about, hold it somewhat up off the carpet and throttle it and turn the tires, you see the chatter go down substantially.

---

There should be a little chatter but not large amounts. I guess it all depends on the steering geometry of the car. The newer cars have lot more steering throw. I know the t3 2011 has a lot of steering throw, not sure about the TC6. You'll get more chatter with more steering throw.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.