Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 05-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0adman
I'll try to drop by tonight to check out the action but there's virtually no chance I can race with an 8-day old at home. On the other hand, my new son is just amazing (duh, he's my son and I'm a hyper-doting daddy).

Have a blast tonight guys and gals.
Congrats on the Kid, they are great, expensive but great.

Steve
Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I've got Curry on the way. The Steve Curry. Expect chaos.
That's right everyone, make sure your health insurance premiums are paid in full, you've been warned.

Speaking of insurance, I need to pay my ROAR, what's the clubs paypal and how much for a single event?

Steve
Old 05-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Race Results

Great night of racing. It was sure nice to see everyone again. And some new faces, too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_05_Novice_A-Main.pdf (31.4 KB, 142 views)
Old 05-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Great night of racing. It was sure nice to see everyone again. And some new faces, too.
Indeed it was great to see everyone again. Clean racing and the traction was great too... right away it felt good and was great in the mains. So I think we are getting past the jack - paragon transition.

June 3rd can't come soon enough !

Jake
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow !! You had the world famous Steve Curry on his wheels again !!

Fantastic, great to see your name on the results sheets Steve. May we see you on many more.

Jacko
Old 05-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Wow !! You had the world famous Steve Curry on his wheels again !!

Fantastic, great to see your name on the results sheets Steve. May we see you on many more.

Jacko
Thanks Jacko, it was a lot of fun. The Hangar 30 club is a great group of racers and I really liked being behind the TX again. Thanks again guys. Hope to see you soon Jacko at at track. Thanks to Brian Bodine, the arrive and drive program is the best.

Steve
Old 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last night was a flipping BLAST!!

Hangar 30 on race night is the place to be. ...and I say this after 4.5 hours of sleep.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

tragic.... Wish I could have been there. I'll be in Denver when the next race day comes around (3rd)...

Hopefully season ender. I guess I'll need to get to Tacoma or something. Oh well, there's always Area 52, and I don't break much there.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I wonder if there is some way to get RC Scoring Pro to not average in the short first lap when computing the top 5/10/20 laps for each racer? Somehow it knows not to include the short lap as fastest lap, but forgets about that when computing the averages.

Also, what happened to the B-main results?

Last edited by MarkBrown; 05-14-2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: forgot to say ...
Old 05-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Thanks Jacko, it was a lot of fun. The Hangar 30 club is a great group of racers and I really liked being behind the TX again. Thanks again guys. Hope to see you soon Jacko at at track. Thanks to Brian Bodine, the arrive and drive program is the best.

Steve
It even looks liek he can still wheel pretty good too!!! Great to see ya on the time sheets Steve, I hope to be there again soon.

-Korey
Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Heads-up starts in 17.5 TC

How do the other racers in the 17.5 touring class feel about doing heads-up starts in qualifying for club races? I think heads-up starts make qualifying more fun (for racers and spectators both), and they help people build main-event driving skills.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
How do the other racers in the 17.5 touring class feel about doing heads-up starts in qualifying for club races? I think heads-up starts make qualifying more fun (for racers and spectators both), and they help people build main-event driving skills.
Can the software be set from round to round to do IFMAR or Heads-up ? What I am getting at, is maybe the first qualifying round should be IFMAR then the second round qualifier is "Heads-Up".
Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Headsup IFMAR!

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Can the software be set from round to round to do IFMAR or Heads-up ? What I am getting at, is maybe the first qualifying round should be IFMAR then the second round qualifier is "Heads-Up".
We're we NOT able to start Qual rounds Headsup, but on our own IFMAR Individual Timer at SIR? Seems to me this was tried before and did seem to replicate the "Feel or appearence" of a Main Race, but allowed no clear advantage to starting position......
Old 05-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I agree. There is no reason you couldnt have a nice tidy first lap for all but the first qual, as long as the grid was not randomly seeded. Once you seed the grid for the 2nd qual based on the first heat result, you have the wheatiest of the wheat starting at the front, without a smidgen of chaff in sight. That is the real reason to do this, never mind the feel of a pseudo-main.

"...but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire"

My $0.02
Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the most sucessful and longest running race program in area as been running heads up quals for years and I have never heard anyone complain, when a big race is around the corner they switch to Ifmar to get everyone used to that.
its a simple process, 1st round start with a number, 2nd round invert the order, third round qualifiying order, the 1st round number is picked from a hat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.