Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It has been a dream of mine to get my son out on the track. Well...after holding him at bay for a couple of years, he is finally going to get a crack at Hangar 30 racing. We will see if 6yo is too young, or if he has the patience to get around the track without tearing himself up.

He's rocking a TBO3 that we built together this past couple of weeks. We finally finished this afternoon. He picked the colors and we stickered it up together. He likes stickers.

If I seem especially frantic tomorrow, please don't hold it against me
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-p9170057.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-p9170061.jpg  
Old 09-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I love a brand new car build.

Looks great. Almost matches the tomato.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
You are absolutely right Trav, a lap + is considered smashed. I thought you topped us by a second, just like I did to Pete. Just the same, glad to hear track conditions are good to great. Guess that new rug is going to pay off. I scanned through your guy's laps and it looks like the post laps are not falling off like they did last season. That alone will make track records fall. Just wait till it cools off, I bet the "fall off" will be back. I am looking forward to getting back on the rug. I am also looking forward to re-entering the TC World (lets see how smooth that goes! ).

For those that remember, Behzad, Broderick, and Vern are rumored to pay us a visit tomorrow. I am sure they will be trolling for a potential racing outlet. So if you see these guys trying to talk nimh and brushed motors, don't laugh right at them, wait till they walk away.

Brian
Small world, but last years WWU Formula SAe team leader is Behzad's nephew! I was pretty shocked to learn that through Tyler haha.

-Korey
Old 09-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Initiate

You guys run your cars indoors? also what time do you guys meet up and so on, if i could get the info that would be awesome.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FFO3EG
You guys run your cars indoors? also what time do you guys meet up and so on, if i could get the info that would be awesome.
http://seattlercracers.com/

Old 09-17-2011, 05:30 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

One more question: what's the roller out for 13.5 12th scale..tire first?
What is the bellend timming set at for D2 or D3?
Old 09-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

With a D3, try a sliver past the second hash mark. Roll out at 85mm. Season to taste.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:08 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
With a D3, try a sliver past the second hash mark. Roll out at 85mm. Season to taste.
Thanks todd
Old 09-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

AH man.. that looks awesome, i am for sure going to be there.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looks like I have to bag tomorrow guys. Have fun and I'll see everyone at the next Saturday race!

-Korey
Old 09-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It has been a dream of mine to get my son out on the track. Well...after holding him at bay for a couple of years, he is finally going to get a crack at Hangar 30 racing. We will see if 6yo is too young, or if he has the patience to get around the track without tearing himself up.

He's rocking a TBO3 that we built together this past couple of weeks. We finally finished this afternoon. He picked the colors and we stickered it up together. He likes stickers.

If I seem especially frantic tomorrow, please don't hold it against me
Todd. That is fantastic. Age 6... wow. He'll be cranking out the laps!!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you to everyone who came out to race the Indian Summer Indoor. 40 entries on the day, with many exciting battles on the track. From Novice to 1/12th scale, the Seattle RC Racers threw down today.

In Novice, my own son Stuart was joined by Mary and Sam, and all three showed that kids can have a blast racing carpet onroad. There were a couple of proud dads in the hangar today, and some very happy young racers.

Stock touring continues to be a pillar of our race program. After all the discussion this summer about whether to change up the class, it is clear we arrived at the best conclusion: leave it alone! Bodine is back in the electric sedan game, and he brought his best veteran's game to the rug, slotting second on the grid and then taking home the win in the main.

World GT wants to take off, I am sure of it. The cars are sooo stuck, the speed is great, and they just look like the business going around the track. We will stick with the class until it builds momentum. Bodine made a demonstration of the car's potential, and it was certainly convincing from my perspective.

Scale Spec...what to say? Probably our most essential class for nurturing new talent and giving veterans a lower stress way to play. The concourse prize still goes to Bill with his GT40. Erik did his best to take the fight to Mike, but Mike held strong and took home the win.

And then there's 1/12th scale. I'm still buzzing from the intensity of the day. So many guys are ramping up their speed and taking it to fantastic new levels. Travis, Pete, and Brian blew right through the track record and are now sitting at the 39 lap mark. Peeler nearly pulled off the unthinkable, missing 40 laps by less than a second. Where will it stop? I don't know. But these guys are bringing the heat.

A note about the results: something went awry while setting up the second round. What looks like only two rounds of qualifying was really three.

Thanks again to all who came out. Wrench on those cars, and we'll see you again on the 28th.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (86.2 KB, 71 views)
Round3.txt (43.7 KB, 66 views)
Round4.txt (33.0 KB, 86 views)
Old 09-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default .

Wow, I wish I could have seen the 12th scale race, that looked like a good one. 20 days till my first race and Arts, so that will be a few more entries for stock touring. The battling of Cody and Art will continue
Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Holy shneike's you guys are getting fast.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In Novice, my own son Stuart was joined by Mary and Sam, and all three showed that kids can have a blast racing carpet onroad. There were a couple of proud dads in the hangar today, and some very happy young racers.
Judging by the amount of applause at the action, I think more than just the Dad's in the audience were enjoying the show.

Scale Spec...what to say? Probably our most essential class for nurturing new talent and giving veterans a lower stress way to play. The concourse prize still goes to Bill with his GT40. Erik did his best to take the fight to Mike, but Mike held strong and took home the win.
(End of first lap, down the straight, as Erik's reeling me in with better top-end)
Me: "This is going to be a long 6 minutes."
Erik: "What do you mean?"

(At the end of the next lap, Erik passes me on the outside of the sweeper, and then I hound him through the infield, staying on his tail down the straight with a good exit from the last turn)
Erik: "You're right, this is going to be a long 6 minutes."

-Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.