Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I am really looking forward to tomorrow! For the first time in years, I've got a brand new car to start the season. I'm giving the new 12R5 inline car a shot. The 12R5.2 is the unofficial name for it out there on the interwebs. A couple pictures attached.

Mark told me that it needs a T-Bar!!!

looks good Todd....
Old 09-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
I was wondering if someone could call my work this afternoon and tell my supervisor that I have to leave because of an emergency.
Squeeze out a poop, you shouldn't be expected to keep working with a load in your pants..

Small price to pay for a race night..
Old 09-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That seriously just made my day! LMAO!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just make sure you change your pants first.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:08 PM
piper48

Yuk..I'd have to bring the load w/me. Leaving the house to go race when I should be at work would require more effort than it's worth. Sigh..off to work I go. Have fun boys. Hoping to make it Sunday.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
IOUs-

Take this as ...

Grant- $20 or my fan back
I got your fan for ya. Makes a great chode cooler. I will wash it before I give it back.

Either choice works for me. But you have to show up. Haven't seen since I borrowed it.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
I got your fan for ya. Makes a great chode cooler. I will wash it before I give it back.

Either choice works for me. But you have to show up. Haven't seen since I borrowed it.
Oh I will be there Sunday. You are going to need the fan, keep the chode juice away from me!!
Old 09-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I am really looking forward to tomorrow! For the first time in years, I've got a brand new car to start the season. I'm giving the new 12R5 inline car a shot. The 12R5.2 is the unofficial name for it out there on the interwebs. A couple pictures attached.

Hope you get it all shaken down tonigh as it's gonna be game time on Sunday.

Have fun tonight guys, see ya all Sunday.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen

what kind of fan do you want? I got motor fans, esc fans, car stand fans, small table top its to damn hot fans. let me know, Free no charge. be outta town till next week.

sounds like FW might as well call it a season
Old 09-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Holy cow, so this is where the party is at! Forget the NFL, I'm racing! Catch ya guys on Sunday!

Marc
Old 09-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

RACE REPORT!
Old 09-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Track is SHSD. Scale Spec and 17.5 were at traction-roll levels of grip by the mains. Very bumpy, though. Maybe worse than last year, or maybe just different. I didn't notice a bump in the sweeper, but there was a nasty one in the right-hand 180 before the chicane that was really messing with my 17.5 car.

After probably my best night of qualifying ever, I choked hard in both my mains. :/

-Mike

EDIT: or is it SSHD? I can't remember.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I bugged out mid-season last year so never got to see the new carpet/facility in all its glory. Man-o-man it's amazing! You guys really out did yourselves this time. Had a hard time convincing myself it wasn't a permanent setup...beautiful track with a massive drivers' stand.

Jake D. very generously had his T3'11 waiting for me upon arrival. It had been about 2 years since I last wheeled a tc...qual'd 5 out of 10 in blinky 17.5 but boned out before the main to catch some Zzzz's. I had a blast and gotta say I'm hooked on onroad all over again. Hope to have some $$ burning a hole in my pocket by the 1st of Oct for a new ride.

It was nice to see the crew's smiling faces and shake some hands. I won't make it on Sun due to no car yet and flying out for work. HUGE thanks to Jake for trusting me with his sweet T3'11. See you guys again very soon, and have a blast on Sunday!!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Track is SHSD. Scale Spec and 17.5 were at traction-roll levels of grip by the mains. Very bumpy, though. Maybe worse than last year, or maybe just different. I didn't notice a bump in the sweeper, but there was a nasty one in the right-hand 180 before the chicane that was really messing with my 17.5 car.

After probably my best night of qualifying ever, I choked hard in both my mains. :/

-Mike

EDIT: or is it SSHD? I can't remember.

Ignore. Doesn't look like sweep makes any QTS36 tires

Last edited by malkiy; 09-15-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Season Rolling

A beautiful, doors-open night at Hangar 30, and a solid start to the Wednesday night season with 37 entries.

Of note, we had all three loaner cars on the track. All three drivers had a great time, and the word is that they will be back for more. Also in the novice field, young Ben Fuesel who we brought along with our loaner program last season, returns with his own sharp TA05 Ferrari, and he was turning some very clean and fast laps. Maybell glanced over at one point and said, "That kid is good!" We are growing our own, and we are getting them while they're young.

Alvin showed the way in Stock Touring, but none other than Mike Ruete was pressing hard on the TQ pace. He couldn't quite snatch it from Alvin, but Mike has come a long way over the past two seasons. Dueling for TQ in Stock Touring is no mean feat, especially against a veteran like Alvin.

World GT looks fast and fun. We need more cars in the field, but for the first night, Jeff and Lynn did their best to make a convincing case for the class.

Scale Spec was redonk. Close, clean racing. And my unofficial award for best looking car of the night goes to Bill Swadener's GT40.

1/12th Scale... Y'know, just when I think I'm going to advance myself in the field, who shows up but this Sam Forbes guy. Whatever. Actually, after getting over my Q1 yips with a brand new car, Q2 went splendidly, with Sam, Tracy, and I all knotted up within three seconds of each other. There was a whole bunch of action at the top of the sheet as well. Peeler was really nervous at the start of the night, which is why he went ahead and obliterated the track record just to settle himself down. But everyone is faster this season. Both Peter and Sean bested the mark. Three different cars, too. Trav on a CRC, Pete on a SpeedMerchant, and Sean on a 12R5.2. 1/12th scale is hot at the hangar!

A couple of small hassles were taken in stride, with a dead winch battery giving us a pause. But all in all, H30 is back and on good form. See everyone on Sunday.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (46.0 KB, 89 views)
Round2.txt (48.2 KB, 81 views)
Round3.txt (34.3 KB, 90 views)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.