Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good race weekend. Despite my receiver not working and ending my race for 1/12, I had fun in modified TC. Might have been a little more competitive if I didn't make so many small mistakes :P. Xray gets better every time I'm out . Congrats to all the winners and special thanks to the H30 crew for the hard work putting on the race.

-Korey
Old 03-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Xray gets better every time I'm out .
Your welcome for the setup .

Well, just got done watching a great hockey game, a great end to the WGC Cadillac Championship and finished a bunch of work! No way I could have done that with a two-day race so great call on not dragging the weekend out, especially with the light turnout.

Great race overall. Wish I could have got the 12th scale going a bit better, but it was really just a chance to mess with boost racing before jumping into it at the nats. Nice run Brian, you had it on lock even with the mistake in the beginning that gave me the lead... I knew it wouldn't last. Did you run your Tekin car or BD car?

Panda, great run. fortunately I stayed close enough from the start to capitalize on a rare mistake. You've definitely got a better handle on the rubber TC racing than I do, I'm always chasing the grip and what my car is going to drive like the next time it's on the track... But 30 lap club for us none the less.

-Pete
Old 03-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ECC in the Books!

Thank you to all who turned out for the 2011 Emerald City Classic. We had good showings in all classes with 51 entries overall.

With ROAR Nationals just around the corner, many racers were making a push to square up their race program. And indeed, the top of every field was hard fought, and those taking home trophies are carrying well-earned confidence forward in this culminating fortnight of our indoor season. Canyon Thompson is dominating Stock Touring, Kody Knudtson and Peter Robinson are dueling masters of their Modified craft, and Brian Bodine has honed his pan car blade to a bright sharpness. Watch for them at Nationals. And for the rest of us in the mid-pack trenches, I think we're much sharper from the time and effort put in. I'm feeling ready for the upcoming trial.

Thank you to everyone who has thrown down all season for the club and for one another. Racing is an individual sport, but it is a group effort which makes it possible. You all should have seen yourselves this weekend: we have built a great program, and I am optimistic and enthusiastic about our future. We've only just begun!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (51.8 KB, 66 views)
Round2.txt (53.8 KB, 70 views)
Round3.txt (53.7 KB, 83 views)
Round4.txt (41.5 KB, 113 views)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

MAN!!! Is anyone else working on their survival raft about now? I know I am about 250' above sea level, but I don't think that's going to be enough if this rain keeps up.

In 12th, I ran both my BD car and the Tekin car. The BD car is set up for TZ2 and I was not about to "hanger it" so it really didn't get a fair shake. So it was Tekin full speed ahead. With the Hanger's long straight, I was really hoping to capitalize off of Tekin's long legs. I have to admit, I didn't really come up with anything trick with the speedo. I really worked hard on the car Friday all the way up to 10pm. I was mentally fried. But the work paid off. Saturday, I just kept a polish on it. I only tried very subtle things.

For what it's worth, the yellow/black combo does not seem to be as effective as it was with the Paragon track. I think everyone was seeing a 6 minute car with that combo. I pulled out a set of magenta/pinks and found immediate improvement but it was still too locked down and pushed at 6 minutes. I went mag/mag and created a monster. It was wicked tippy up front, but kept steering most of the run. As Saturday progressed, the mag/mag combo got better. I did try pink/mag in R2, but I guess you can't run twice on the same pack without charging it. Who knew?

Many asked for a speedo help and I plugged my set up into theirs. I ran the same set up for wgt as well.

RPM: 2450/7000
Boost: 50
Turbo: 10
Ramp: 2
Delay: .1
TP: 4
D3, zero mark or 30*, 45/88, 42mm tire.
I moved the rpm's up and down 250 at a time and came back to these numbers.

Pete, that was great effort on your part in the main. I tapped like 5 times and got wadded up in a weird crash/marshal thing right at the end, but you had a solid run until the car hooked right into the dots for the rodeo lap. I look forward to taking this momentum to Nats. I know we'll represent just fine.

Did Todd place on order for the H30 Sweater Vest yet?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Your welcome for the setup .

Well, just got done watching a great hockey game, a great end to the WGC Cadillac Championship and finished a bunch of work! No way I could have done that with a two-day race so great call on not dragging the weekend out, especially with the light turnout.

Great race overall. Wish I could have got the 12th scale going a bit better, but it was really just a chance to mess with boost racing before jumping into it at the nats. Nice run Brian, you had it on lock even with the mistake in the beginning that gave me the lead... I knew it wouldn't last. Did you run your Tekin car or BD car?

Panda, great run. fortunately I stayed close enough from the start to capitalize on a rare mistake. You've definitely got a better handle on the rubber TC racing than I do, I'm always chasing the grip and what my car is going to drive like the next time it's on the track... But 30 lap club for us none the less.

-Pete
Helped bigtime. I have more ideas too!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default 21.5

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Thank you to all who turned out for the 2011 Emerald City Classic. We had good showings in all classes with 51 entries overall.

With ROAR Nationals just around the corner, many racers were making a push to square up their race program. And indeed, the top of every field was hard fought, and those taking home trophies are carrying well-earned confidence forward in this culminating fortnight of our indoor season. Canyon Thompson is dominating Stock Touring, Kody Knudtson and Peter Robinson are dueling masters of their Modified craft, and Brian Bodine has honed his pan car blade to a bright sharpness. Watch for them at Nationals. And for the rest of us in the mid-pack trenches, I think we're much sharper from the time and effort put in. I'm feeling ready for the upcoming trial.

Thank you to everyone who has thrown down all season for the club and for one another. Racing is an individual sport, but it is a group effort which makes it possible. You all should have seen yourselves this weekend: we have built a great program, and I am optimistic and enthusiastic about our future. We've only just begun!
Hay Todd didn't Ritchie TQ and win 21.5?????????
Old 03-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D-Bizzle
Hay Todd didn't Ritchie TQ and win 21.5?????????
Yes, he certainly did. Ritchie Reynolds TQ'd and won 2012 Stock. And Mike Ruete TQ'd and won Scale Spec (and also bumped up the track record )

Sorry for the oversight, guys. I was in a hurry yesterday.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default ECC Winners

Some podium pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-stock-touring.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-world-gt.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-scale-spec.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-2012-stock.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-modified-touring.jpg  

Old 03-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default ECC Winners #2

And two more.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-12th-scale.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-2011-ecc.jpg  
Old 03-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Babies had a good time too... man a tennis ball and a flat cart is all they need..

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-img_20110312_131450.jpg

NATS!!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Babies had a good time too... man a tennis ball and a flat cart is all they need..

Attachment 722693

NATS!!!!

That's true for now, enjoy it while it lasts......that may satisfy them now but they are just a couple years away from needing the latest iphone or android.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
That's true for now, enjoy it while it lasts......that may satisfy them now but they are just a couple years away from needing the latest iphone or android.
reminds me of a guy i work with . he goes nuts over new android apps. its wierd. but hes 31yrs old haha.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

i saw someone taking pics of the racing through-out the race is the any race shots out there?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
dont you mean the latest tc chassis or maybe a new thunderpower battery..
Old 03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Pretty content with just about anything, both seemed to have enjoyed gnawing on tires a time or two.. Logi, as I type, is pretty happy playing with a brand new bag of 100 tye-wraps making it "rain".. got to love the kids..

Oh the Hangar RULES!!

NATS!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.