Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
And, the "Robust WGT Class" @ Hanger 30, Thanks You for this!
Really? You want to keep poking at this? Dude leave it be. Classes were set for the season. This is why theres more then one class to pick from... Damned if you do and damned if you don't...

GET OVER IT LYNN!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

At the very least, Ritchie, please take it to the Hangar 30 thread.

And for the last time, the Comp Committee makes a year-long commitment and contribution to the management of the club. They are a significant part of nearly every decision that gets made. They are volunteers, just like me. To have their efforts called a joke is an insult. They invest their time at work, at home, and at the track. We wouldn't be where we are without them. Please stop what you're doing. It is discouraging.

Todd, first and foremost, let me say this, even thou it may not show in these past posts, I in no way take away from the hard work you and guys that volunteers down there do. Alex especially, the work that man does is amazing, perhaps my wording or my phrasing of those words is the issue.

when i say the "club" is a joke, I am not referring to anyone or there work, I am meaning the IDEA that hanger 30 is a club is a joke. to me what you are is a group of guys doing a great job in providing a place to race. the joke comes in when being called a club.

try and see where I'm coming from. The "club" had a meeting at the beginning of the season, it was voted on by the "club" to not be part of the nwic this year and to focus on the ECC. two days later (or so) you (Todd) sent out a "club" email and called for a revote. I opposed that revote as it went against the bylaws you introduced at the meeting. But the decision was made and the vote was to rejoin the nwic but only make it a two day race in order to save the money on rent. ok fine, I was opposed to it, but it passed with a "club" vote. a few weeks ago the decision was made to add friday back to race making it a 3 day race, the very race we voted down. But I did pay very close attention to the wording of Kodys reply, "for the moment". Then when it race is finally posted it is posted as a friday saturday race. the first two times the vote was brought to the club, the last two decisions were made without a club vote. kody says you've been discussing it for "weeks" plenty of time to put together a email and involve the members I was say. The first to two decisions on the race were not comp comm decisions, but the final one is? really. Mike makes note of the date change, I point out the wording and Kody goes on the attack, same ole guys bitching as usual. thing is, on the other thread, he pretty much tells me that he was expecting it and waiting for it so he could attack when he says, "it doesn't matter what you said, I know its eating you inside" (para phase) awesomeness. so yea, given all of that, and more, I feel the hanger 30 club is a joke, or at least the idea of it is. its not a club, its a group of well meaning hard working volunteers doing what they think is best headed by Kody and Todd with Todd having final say. agree or disagree, i don't care those are my feelings. If you wish to discuss it further, I will be buying breakfast at the Dennys in Mt veron saturday morning at 7:30am all are welcome

part of the problem as I see it is, when I'm talking peoples eyes glaze over and look for something other then what I'm trying to say.

Example, last year i had a issue with a dot, I caught hell for it, this year Canyon mentions a dot and hey no problem bud we re on it.
I mention a bad corner that needs adjusting, I'm told just drive the track, Peter mentions it, and Todds in his pit asking what can we do to fix it.
I make a suggestion on the left side of the track layout and I'm told NO, Jake makes the same suggestion (worded differently) later and is told, Great Idea.
I just said on the other thread how much I was looking forward to supporting the home town race and that got thrown in my face. whatever, ok, so my rep precedes me taking away from what I'm saying.

See you guys Saturday morning or next Saturday which ever.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb Yes, "Really"!

Originally Posted by Kody
Classes were set for the season.
And So Now, "Are they Reset"?

Honestly, I was more than willing "To Let It Go", however, everybody's got an ego, and sitting by while Alex "Prattle's On" in a pathetic attempt to justify this "Disaster of a desision" (No Dynamic Timing), is just too much!

All of the "Back and Forth", changing of the rules mid-season, while on the "other hand" declaring that they are set for the season, then changed again, then the Tri-Cities race, (wasn't clear on the WGT spec, therefore I didn't attend), then we have atleast 3 or more Racers (including myself), drop WGT because the Cars became "Boring", another Racer quit onroad altogether, (didn't like the taste of "His, or the Clubs Foot").

So, after all of these "Machinations", I'm supposed to be "Happy" about this?
(all the while, "Those who Set the Rules", Stoicly declare, "Well you Can't Make Everybody Happy"!).

Maybe, the Rules "Set in Stone" so Called, should have been "Rethought", especially after the TZII anouncement prior to H30's on the WGT specs!
Because what this has in effect accomplished amounts to a "Wasted (Carpet) Season" for me.

Some Humility on the part of the Comp Comm would "Go Along Way" towards restoring "Peace in Our Time", Seems to be No shortage on "Attitude"! (Myself Included)

Last edited by el salvador; 03-03-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Let me just shamelessly quote myself from almost a month ago..

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
I don't even know you and I'm sick of seeing all the the horse is dead, let it be.
It's $64.95 for a 10.5 and a couple clicks on the speedo buttons (or your laptop if you wanna get all fancy.)

I have raced almost every club race this season and the rules have not changed in any class other then the dismissal of Paragon and the mandate for JTG. So I don't know where you are getting your "back and forth, rules changing mid-season" ideas from?

Last edited by peter_robinson; 03-02-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Cool

So Pete, what's your "Dead Horse" rolledout@?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
And So Now, "Are they Reset"?

Honestly, I was more than willing "To Let It Go", however, everybody's got an ego, and sitting by while Alex "Prattle's On" in a pathetic attempt to justify this "Disaster of a desision" (No Dynamic Timing), is just too much!

All of the "Back and Forth", changing of the rules mid-season, while on the "other hand" declaring that they are set for the season, then changed again, then the Tri-Cities race, (wasn't clear on the WGT spec, therefore I didn't attend), then we have atleast 3 or more Racers (including myself), drop WGT because the Cars became "Boring", another Racer quit onroad altogether, (didn't like the taste of "His, or the Clubs Foot").
So, after all of these "Machniations", I'm supposed to be "Happy" about this?
(all the while, "Those who Set the Rules", Stoicly declare, "Well you Can't Make Everybody Happy"!).

Maybe, the Rules "Set in Stone" so Called, should have been "Rethought", especially after the TZII anouncement prior to H30's on the WGT specs!
Because what this has in effect accomplished amounts to a "Wasted (Carpet) Season" for me.

Some Humility on the part of the Comp Comm would "Go Along Way" towards restoring "Peace in Our Time", Seems to be No shortage on "Attitude"! (Myself Included)

Everyone's welcome to their opinions, right or wrong. But since you mention me in particular I'll offer up my reasoning so you don't have to hear it from anyone else (or make assumptions).

1) I had been thinking more and more about running offroad with my limited race time anyway. Jumps are fun.

2) Portable carpet onroad with limited practice became frustrating.

3) I was under the assumption everyone raced contentedly under the same rules. Little did I know exceptions and permissions were made for particular individuals and situations. This did not sit well with me at the time, since I was waving the club's flag of 'fair and fun' racing.

4) The incessant bitching that still continues. The fact that grown men will revert to the mental state of 7 year olds on the playground still confounds me for some reason. Either race or don't. Either become involved in the comp committee or don't. And for shit's sake, stop vomiting grievances all over the forums. It has never worked and never will.

So there you have it, FWIW. I miss the H30 crew and hope to be back soon...gotta pick up my t-shirt somehow. As I've mentioned ad-nauseum, would REALLY like to get some offroad racing going there. Time will tell. And on a personal note Lynn, man you gotta stop with the excessive use of quotations. It's confusing. Also, WTF are you jumping Alex for? Weak, dude.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

100mm ish with small hooves
Old 03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lynn, I thought you were voting with your feet ..... not your feet in your mouth. Sorry, but when you bring my bro into this you get me too.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Lynn, I thought you were voting with your feet ..... not your feet in your mouth. Sorry, but when you bring my bro into this you get me too.
Ahhh f@ck! Here comes the mafia. I'm out!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Canyon
Ahhh f@ck! Here comes the mafia. I'm out!
"Funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fooken' amuse you? How da fook am I funny? What da fook is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny."
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-mafia.jpg  
Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm going to go fly helicopters.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
I'm going to go fly helicopters.
I always knew you batted for Tinkerbells team.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey - what has two legs and bleeds a lot?

half a cat!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwhiz
hey - what has two legs and bleeds a lot?

half a cat!
What's red and green and goes 200mph ?
No, not my car....

A frog in a blender :-)

Bdump bump, tssss....
Old 03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys...
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-oscar.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.