Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
There is only going to be six hours of practice.
Practice starts at 2pm, so when you're done with your 6 hours at 8pm, you can spend the other 2 hours until practice is over working on arithmetic.

-Mike
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I agree, I would like any starting points for rollout and settings for boosted. I promise I won't use it against anyone who kindly offers up any of this onfo.

I'll let someone confirm, but I think the doors will open at 8:00 with a start of quals at 10:00. So a bit of warm-up time for ya.

Alex

Anyone recall what kind of roll out and boost settings we were running for pan car with timing? Both 12scale and WGT. Should help some of us get on par.

For the ECC will there be Saturday practice? I'm thinking I might just show up and run Saturday.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Practice starts at 2pm, so when you're done with your 6 hours at 8pm, you can spend the other 2 hours until practice is over working on arithmetic.

-Mike
No man I was accounting for the fact you always leave two hours early
Old 03-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

R/O for 13.5 boosted 12th should be about low 60's. WGT 13.5 should be upper 50's.

I think the 2 day event is going to be just fine. I feel it's going to be necessary with it's proximity to nats for time involvement and finances. A decision that needed to be made in order to salvage our event. Kudo's again for aligning the classes with the coming Nats which again should spur more interest. Removing Sunday from the roster also lowers the rent for the event. Our committee has made some wise choices even if it hurts a few feelings. This wont be a big deal to drop a day.

I will also open my home up to any traveling racers if they would like to trim yet another cost.

Looking forward to this race!

Brian
Old 03-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
R/O for 13.5 boosted 12th should be about low 60's.
Looking forward to this race!
Brian
Brian, what about endbell timing?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb Rollout?

Anyone recall what kind of roll out and boost settings we were running for pan car with timing? Both 12scale and WGT.
66mm ish!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Brian, what about endbell timing?
That's the fun part. You can go up and down with that while you go up and down on the amount that is dynamically set on the esc. It depends on the motor and how it reacts. Each seem to be different and how each esc provides dynamic timing makes a difference too. I found there was not one answer. It is why we went to no boost on the esc.

At least you can take the chill off of the cold weather from your motor if you get wrong.

-alex
Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet

Schedule
Friday
10am Setup
Noon Lunch for the Setup Crew
2-10pm Open Practice

Saturday
10am Q1

3 Qualifiers and Single Mains
So after wasting 20mins of my life reading the NWIC thread, I have one request. Since this got shortened (and for the record I don't really care, I hate triple a-mains anyway), can we do one of two (or both) things to make the day a little better?

1) Start qualifying earlier, like say 9am?

2) shorten the heats to 5mins?

Starting at 10am at the Carpet Regionals meant running mains at 10pm! I might be speaking for myself here (but I'm guessing not) when I say that a day like that makes me useless by the time mains finally roll around... This is not Snowbirds, we are not trying to see who can race the best while being exhausted!

If not I might have to consider just running quals... I'm not trying to run myself into the ground with racing like I used to.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Shirt Update

About 75 shirts showed up this morning. Tomorrow the 50yd roll of printing media comes. Then I get to know what it's like to work in a textile sweatshop for a day or two
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For the regional event I believe we started quals at 11 so it is already an hour earlier. For those that cannot make the Friday night practice I'm guessing that quite a few will benefit from the hour of test and tune time Saturday morning.
Basically I think the comp committee hit the sweet spot for many by starting at 10. Personally I'm not a morning person so I'd rather we started at 1 pm
Old 03-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
For the regional event I believe we started quals at 11 so it is already an hour earlier. For those that cannot make the Friday night practice I'm guessing that quite a few will benefit from the hour of test and tune time Saturday morning.
Basically I think the comp committee hit the sweet spot for many by starting at 10. Personally I'm not a morning person so I'd rather we started at 1 pm
Well I guess all I can do is hope not many people show up... I really hope we are starting the mains by at least 8pm...

5min quals?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Lipo: the new NiCd

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
...I'm guessing that quite a few will benefit from the hour of test and tune time Saturday morning.
I can make a terrible seque out of almost anything. Watch this:

The new me wonders how many batteries I can charge in an hour.

You see, the thoroughly comprehensive manual that comes with latest charger from Thunder Power states that "...you should NEVER store LiPo batteries at full charge for more than a few hours at most (and they should be stored at temps of 40-75F whenever possible to prevent swelling and/or loss of performance/capacity). Instead, you should use the Storage Mode to automatically charge or discharge them to approximately 50% capacity (~3.85v per cell), especially if the battery is more than 50% charged and will not be used in the next few hours"

When I have a pile of high quality batteries that are mostly puffing, and a company like TP is putting the word "never" in both CAPS and BOLD I sit up and listen real close.

The problem is I had never heard anything like this until a few days ago. In fact I have read battery instructions that encourage full charge up to a week in advance, which I have done routinely up until now. So much for the convenience of LiPo. So much for showing up to the races ready to run. And no more packing my batteries in the trunk of the car the night before the races.

Good times.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like times are changing Greg. Last time I was told to store my batteries at 80% and that was from the head of TP... Also it was ok to store at 100% for a few days... Nice to see there looking out for use.

Nice useful post Gregster
Old 03-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

You know, I'm an old RC goat from the early eighties, and I have seen this first hand everytime a new battery or battery technology rolls on through the RC scene. Everytime it's this will be better and more robust and everything will be better than before in all ways, and then it magically is not better in some ways. I guess "we" should have seen this coming. Looks like I got to go home and see how my Lipos have faired.

Thanks for posting this, now back to the regularly scheduled "in Fighting"

Originally Posted by gwhiz
I can make a terrible seque out of almost anything. Watch this:

The new me wonders how many batteries I can charge in an hour.

You see, the thoroughly comprehensive manual that comes with latest charger from Thunder Power states that "...you should NEVER store LiPo batteries at full charge for more than a few hours at most (and they should be stored at temps of 40-75F whenever possible to prevent swelling and/or loss of performance/capacity). Instead, you should use the Storage Mode to automatically charge or discharge them to approximately 50% capacity (~3.85v per cell), especially if the battery is more than 50% charged and will not be used in the next few hours"

When I have a pile of high quality batteries that are mostly puffing, and a company like TP is putting the word "never" in both CAPS and BOLD I sit up and listen real close.

The problem is I had never heard anything like this until a few days ago. In fact I have read battery instructions that encourage full charge up to a week in advance, which I have done routinely up until now. So much for the convenience of LiPo. So much for showing up to the races ready to run. And no more packing my batteries in the trunk of the car the night before the races.

Good times.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Doesn't Pass the "Gag-Reflex Test"!

Originally Posted by oldrcr
It is why we went to no boost on the esc.
And, the "Robust WGT Class" @ Hanger 30, Thanks You for this!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.