Ooo God! LOL
Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Old 02-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Any guess as to why the track was so damn bumpy compared to Wed?? I hope this is not a new trend or my 12th is gonna stay at home. That car was an absolute nightmare to drive.
I agree, not sure what the cause was. I never noticed the bumps till the regionals. Was the track moved slightly?

My TC was a handful if I didn't take certain lines, I couldn't imagine what mod 1/12 would have been like. Got to the point where I ran pro dive (was probably the cause of my traction rolls), .5mm shim under my front suspension block.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Interesting... Thought the track was better myself. We kicked the crap out of it and let it lay and settle before building it on Friday... It was built in the exact spot every time we have built it... Within a half inch! Sweeper was smoother then ever but yes if you went wide theres a good bump. Yeah its a little bumpy in Mod 12th. Every one had to deal with it though. Stock 12th will be fine IMO...

We fix one thing and now theres more... This one cant be fixed though with the floor we have... Move it one way and you have a bump just in another corner. Move it the other way and same thing.

For my TC I used lighter oil for the bumps and slammed my shocks for traction rolls. Problem solved. Grip level was so high if I juiced my tires more the 15-20 minutes I had to much traction.

Even with the bumps this track is very consistent IMO. You guys are very lucky to be able to run on what we have. Be thankful... I want to kiss Brian! lol
Old 02-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not saying the bumps are impossible to deal with. Was just wondering what happened. I never noticed the bumps before.

Regarding the traction. I'll take too much traction over not enough any day. I'm sure I can figure out my traction rolling issues. Narrowing my car because of the body I was running didn't help either.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe the carpet was still factory "taunt" somewhat and it finally really settled unto the underlying surface with the amount of runs and compound it had on it.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Separate subject.

Good news about the idea with having RC Scoring Pro broadcast scores realtime to the racers without internet. I got an email from Brandon of RC Live and he says they are working on something like that which will be available in a few months.

Maybe we can have it setup by next season??
Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Sweeper was smoother then ever
No way! Wednesday was glass compared to Saturday, that's why I was asking what was different? Saturday they track was definitely a washboard section for the entire lap!

look at picture evidence, there are the obvious bumps that stretch across the entire width of the track from the floor... but look at the washboard striping of the groove all that way around... I don't know if it was just letting the track sit overnight, or the rolling and unrolling of the carpet, but it was heinous and hopefully doesn't continue.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Legend

So you guys know....

With added humidity , you will find the carpet will budge and need a stretch..
all can be fixed by acclimating the carpet to room temp & humidity first before installation, this can take days to achieve however...
Old 02-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Maybe they should store it on site instead of taking it home all the time
Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Maybe the carpet was still factory "taunt" somewhat and it finally really settled unto the underlying surface with the amount of runs and compound it had on it.
I think Drew has a it right. The carpet will get looser and lay flatter to the underlying surface. And the more it is set to that 1/2'' of placement the more it will show just where the bumps are. Aside from surface treatment, there are perhaps 2 choices; Set it up in the same spot, and at least know where it is bumpy week after week, or shift around a bit everyweek to move the carpet memory, the high spots have chance to push on the carpet in different places. If I had a part of the track that I would work on first, it would be in the sweeper. Move that big bump in the entry, its where the 12th scales get unsettled the most and jump off line. All in all, it is a great track with less fuzz.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TC6

I have a solid Hangar setup for the TC6 (thanks Canyon lol). I have sheets printed if anyone wants to come by the shop and pick one up. I will be running/tweeking it in the 17.5 class from now until nats. I will bring copies of the sheet to the race.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Its a temp track. There will always be little problems here and there. Each night might have a section thats worse then others. Learn it and master it. Its like a parking lot race with way more traction!

Remember there was a total of FOUR people that showed up Friday to build the track. Not only did that get done but all the tables, chairs and drivers stand was built...

As for fuzz the most fuzz was from there balls! Tennis people leave that dam ball fuzz everywhere...
Old 02-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
I have a solid Hangar setup for the TC6 (thanks Canyon lol). I have sheets printed if anyone wants to come by the shop and pick one up. I will be running/tweeking it in the 17.5 class from now until nats. I will bring copies of the sheet to the race.
Any chance of getting you to do the pdf. version and emailing it out?

Old 02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Its a temp track. There will always be little problems here and there. Each night might have a section thats worse then others. Learn it and master it. Its like a parking lot race with way more traction!

Remember there was a total of FOUR people that showed up Friday to build the track. Not only did that get done but all the tables, chairs and drivers stand was built...

As for fuzz the most fuzz was from there balls! Tennis people leave that dam ball fuzz everywhere...
I had a great time testing out my new 12th scale last sat...and I set my ride height at 3mm with no problem...Some how I end up ride height up to 4mm and bigger tires....

Hopefully problem solve soon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.