Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
oh and todd just in case,, a little reminder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3h4L_FPgDs
Todd wants to know if that's 5am or 5pm? LoL
Old 02-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay, the new track is built. A good crew made efficient work of it, and Panda only called me dum-dum 7 times.

It is, frankly, ridiculous.

For setups, I'm thinking pie plate pinions for everyone. Mod included. And we may have to tweak our front ends to account for the curvature of the earth. It's over 100 feet pipe to pipe down the back straight. The driver stand holds a small army. And we're swapping out the chain hoist for an electric winch. All we need now is a disco ball.

I'll be there at 8am.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Inquiring minds want to know how many times you were called dum-dum last time?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Todd left out his best part! The dots are back, THE DOTS ARE BACK... Then his final words of the night were "Super hot sh!t dialed!" lol
Old 02-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Last edited by Korey Harbke; 02-05-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Oh never mind....
Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kody
Todd left out his best part! The dots are back, THE DOTS ARE BACK... Then his final words of the night were "Super hot sh!t dialed!" lol
Awesome, I would have never guessed I'd see them again. I can put that voodoo doll I have of you away now.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default They really leave no stone unturned...

More-ange:

Attachment 704291

Last edited by gwhiz; 11-27-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

had alot of fun today running 1/12th . really like the new track and the driver stand is nice as well good job guys cant wait for regionals.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Awesome track, awesome carpet.

Has anyone figured out the sauce regimen for touring yet?

-Mike
Old 02-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

A great, full day of practice on the new track. It is everything good about the layout we built at the beginning of the year, only better. Kody has uncorked a masterpiece with this one. The grip was great for foam tires right away. The rubber tire cars are working well, too. The track is still green, but when we shut it down this afternoon, there was definitely a groove. It should come up even faster on Wednesday, and we'll be in high cotton come Saturday.

We also made a big effort on the storage room and got our carpet system squared away. Alex Danilchik has earned his lifetime achievement award this season! Despite the track being bigger, our storage footprint has gotten smaller. After Alex built the rack and beam, I mounted the winch, and Kody wired it up all clean and perfect.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This saves a lot of heavy lifting and makes a potentially tough job actually sort of cool and fun. Again, a mighty team effort by a great club.

Good stuff. Thanks to everyone who came out to enjoy some quality practice time.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-p2050021.jpg  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

awesome ness, glad I got run today, going to miss wednesday and regionals going back to norcal for a few days next week, and when i say norcal, i mean northern california, AND norcal the track.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

[QUOTE=PutAwayWet;8607294]A great, full day of practice on the new track. It is everything good about the layout we built at the beginning of the year, only better. Kody has uncorked a masterpiece with this one. The grip was great for foam tires right away. The rubber tire cars are working well, too. The track is still green, but when we shut it down this afternoon, there was definitely a groove. It should come up even faster on Wednesday, and we'll be in high cotton come Saturday.

We also made a big effort on the storage room and got our carpet system squared away. Alex Danilchik has earned his lifetime achievement award this season! Despite the track being bigger, our storage footprint has gotten smaller. After Alex built the rack and beam, I mounted the winch, and Kody wired it up all clean and perfect.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This saves a lot of heavy lifting and makes a potentially tough job actually sort of cool and fun. Again, a mighty team effort by a great club.

Good stuff.

Sweet Associated hat that dude is wearing in the lower right in the picture.........
Old 02-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Default ROAR Membership Reminder

There seems to be some concern, or a perception, that ROAR membership is a wink/nudge matter at Hangar 30. Be assured, it is not. Our ROAR insurance coverage is an integral part of our program at the hangar and within the Seattle Parks system. Without it, we could not avail ourselves of the city's facilities. In other words, this club would not exist without ROAR insurance. For the insurance to apply, every racer must have a current membership. While I don't think this actually a mystery to anyone, it has nevertheless become an issue.

It is true that I do not often ask to see proof of current membership when I do signups. I don't think I need to make a big case for myself when I say that I have a lot on my plate on the average race night. Many things have to be done quickly to make the 7pm start. The same is true for our Saturday races. And it's not just me busting his ass, any number of our fellow club members are constantly hustling to pull this thing off. Unfortunately, the "Y'know, I'm pretty busy as it is" excuse is probably going to have to bite the dust.

So, starting Wednesday, I will ask to see a current ROAR membership card at signup. If you do not have a current membership, you can sign up that night, at the track, and race. It's simple, convenient, and accessible to everyone. If you do not have a current card, or the printable proof of purchase you get when you sign up or renew online, you will need to purchase either a full membership or a single event license that night. They are $25 or $15 respectively.

Personally, I regret the necessity, as I believe compliance has been solid all season. But, we will do what we must to keep our club on the straight and narrow.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default An Outsider's Impression

Pick up a copy of the Seattle Times today. An article about the club and hobby is in the NWAuto section.

http://blog.nwautos.com/2011/02/smal...s_big_fun.html
Old 02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

sweetness, Grant, Lynn and my pit spot made the paper.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.