Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If the new program needs a storage solution, SIR has that detached pick up bed sitting out on the street that could be used. You know the same one used at the Burien racing program. Someone just needs to haul it over there.
Question though, could you get the SARCAR trailer in there for a driver stand?
Both the old Burien trailer out on the street and the old SARCAR trailer is gone when SIR closed. Everything from SIR is gone.

Todd is starting his new program from scratch and I wish him the best of luck for you guys to have a new place to race!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We could do BYOBTSO.
(bring your own box to stand on)

Jubilee can make a pretty pink box, maybe he'll even bust out his bedazzler for a rhinestone Hello Kitty.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i can see it now:

"AMB personal driver's stand"

I just hope it looks like this:

Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

The lamp is a nice touch.

I love that he's not only driving a vehicle that's completely not road worthy, but he's also drinking a guinness while he does it.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Addict

Allright who gave Todd a beer???
Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Permit me a brief statement on the new ethic. The days of indoor racing in the British Expeditionary style are over. We will no longer be relying on herds of porters schlepping our potbellied stoves and scientific apparatus between camps up the Western Cwm.

We will be like Tom Hornbein and Willie Unsoeld, two climbers from Seattle who in 1963 climbed the West Ridge of Everest with no more than the packs on their backs and the slender thread of alpine brotherhood to preserve them. Earlier in the month, Jim Whitaker made his name and fortune as the first American to summit Everest--via fixed lines--by the same route Hillary pioneered a decade before, and the Swiss after him. Whitaker was gaudily celebrated as America's Mountaineer while Hornbein and Unsoeld returned to quieter lives. Today, Whitaker is a footnote in climbing history, but Hornbein and Unsoeld are monuments who changed climbing forever.

Indoor racing in Seattle will be fast, light, and self-contained. We will pursue excellence and push each other as never before. We will be mentors to those new to the hobby and we will cultivate the young. And we will respect our budgets. My suggestion for the SARCAR trailer is that it be scrapped. That old blunderbuss served well, but I can't fathom its utility today.

Here is a picture of the drivers' stand at the Gate, fabled training ground of national champions.

http://www.clevelandcarpetracing.com...ture%20091.jpg

For our track, I'm thinking 18" high carpeted boxes. That or milk crates.

Go fast, go light.

I'm off to Timezone for my ass-whooping.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for taking the initiative and doing the hard work Todd!

Looks like the hangar the winter pineapple classic used for the luau, in which case it really is massive.

How do you feel about micro classes running there too (ie. 1/18)? I will be out of town on the 25th, but should be able to make the 2nd meeting. Your schedule is perfect for us, we already ran every other wed. night.

I assume the hangar has power available for us to plug into and charge on?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdog4w
Thanks for taking the initiative and doing the hard work Todd!

Looks like the hangar the winter pineapple classic used for the luau, in which case it really is massive.

How do you feel about micro classes running there too (ie. 1/18)? I will be out of town on the 25th, but should be able to make the 2nd meeting. Your schedule is perfect for us, we already ran every other wed. night.

I assume the hangar has power available for us to plug into and charge on?
1/18 would be no problem at all.

LOTS of power for charging

Patrick P.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Hi Todd
the pic ,it is that the old navy base ?
Yes, it's the old Sand Point Naval Air Station and Hangar 30 is one of the many dinosaurs still on the property.

As for driver's stand - there are several (okay, at least one) old sets of bleachers strewn around the massive property. I know where we can find at least one or two. If Parks and Rec doesn't mind it would be worthwhile to drag one (ideally two) into the hangar and stand on the top bench. That would put driver's about 4.5' above the ground. Much better than a milk crate methinks. We can drag it back out and find a suitable place to "store" it between sessions.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Oh hell yea!

I can make that easily. Micros represant.....

BTW: Charles can't make it this time BUT he does have RCP so we could set up a smaller tracks for Mini-Z's if people are interested. (Which in some ways would be easier to put up and take down than carpet).

Personal Transponders are fine, though do we have a counter system?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

WOW, I got an email from Todd about the meeting, didn't see this thread till tonight. I am quite familiar with the base as I have worked on some movie/TV stuff years back and the UW has storage there which I use occasionally. Since I work at the U, it will be easy for me to be available most Wednesdays for set-up I should think. I have a tech rehearsal the evening of the 25th, but I should be able to break away to be there, ...barring any major disaster on the show we are working on that night.

This is very cool! You don't know how big a smile is on my face right now, made my day.

Thank you Todd,
see you all on the 25th,

-Alex
Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Man it's cool seeing NW racers working together and getting stuff done instead of the pissing matches.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Great Job Todd. I'm there, will help whenever I can.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb you’re probably right

I hadn’t thought of this, but you’re probably right. Even if it were always the same, I’d still go for the atmosphere, but definitely in the minority on that. wow addons wow gold guide
Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yea, go ahead, click on it, i dare you..
Old 02-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

for those of you wanting a little northend off road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DLIh64ETs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.