Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee

Also, my 2 pesos regarding onroad after racing offroad a couple times recently...heads up starts kick ass. Just saying.
what. You think I keep bringing it up just to be me? Heads up is way better. Those that bring up qualifying is better with ifmar starts. Yes, but only if people.would actually move over for.the faster car. What we have now is "racing" with staggered starts.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
We would need to do something like skin the foam in thin wood, but this is a good idea to make it light but keep it strong. My initial idea was to basically make the jumps as if you were building an aircraft wing with stringers that are hogged out and triangulated for strength...but then your talking much more needed in resources.

But then you need a place to keep all of the stuff needed to build a suitable fun track.

Another idea I had would be to take something like the cardboard rolls for our carpet, put like 5 of them together 2-4' apart and then use thin nylon plastic in a wave motion up and down the rolls; you could then carpet that and it would be a durable 2-5 jump section. Even if you made these sectionable you're still talking about a piece that is 3-5' wide and 6' across.

The more I ponder things like this the more I start to justify renting my own office space and turning it into some form of play pen.
Ouh! Has the off road talk sprouted its head again? As Kody would point out we are running out of room. But. Maybe we could keep 1 or 2 reams of the old to have *yep here i go again* a 1/18th off road? The jumps would take less room annnd they could be built even lighter and be made to fold up like transformers!

Don't forget as well you could as mentioned make foam versions. You can pay to get the boat foam sprayed into a "space". Like make the outside out of cardboard, and fill it internally with the boat foam. Then take extra carpet and glue to the top.

With some of those carpet rolls as well, you could make tunnels or half Us.

We just couldn't have marshals standing on em.

I should also mention since ROAR has no rules for 1/18th. We could decide what we wanted versus having to follow guidelines for size or having to run firmwareless escs.. (Yea I saw that thread. > )
Old 01-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Does anyone have an airbrush they would loan me for a couple days?

I was cleaning my Iwata tonight, it slipped off my lap and hit the concrete tip-down. Just ordered a new nozzle and needle from Coast Airbrush.

All I need to do is spray green and white to finish my shell! Will be back in west Seattle on Sunday....I can come pick it up...will return your brush in tiptop shape!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Heads up

Originally Posted by skypilot
what. You think I keep bringing it up just to be me? Heads up is way better. Those that bring up qualifying is better with ifmar starts. Yes, but only if people.would actually move over for.the faster car. What we have now is "racing" with staggered starts.
Why is it we have these great ideas and Todd never entertains the thought. I think we all should be able to bring it up and have a vote, we all pay to race and if a majority feel the same why cant it change. I like racing and ifmar is not racing, then i hold up in my qual so i could race someone and when its heads up i have a bad spot. we dont have many track days so really i get 1 race when im at the track and 3 practice rounds. I think we should bring it up and have a vote "AT THE TRACK" and see how the racers feel.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would hate it if it was heads up for quals. If you think people don't move now, wait till it's heads up. Plus that pile up at the start is more likely to happen.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:41 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-Bizzle
Why is it we have these great ideas and Todd never entertains the thought. I think we all should be able to bring it up and have a vote, we all pay to race and if a majority feel the same why cant it change. I like racing and ifmar is not racing, then i hold up in my qual so i could race someone and when its heads up i have a bad spot. we dont have many track days so really i get 1 race when im at the track and 3 practice rounds. I think we should bring it up and have a vote "AT THE TRACK" and see how the racers feel.
Donny shut up
Old 01-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If it wasn't for Todd you wouldn't even have the opportunity to race 1 race a month locally...

Todd is willing to entertain all ideas. Some he can make note of and do what he wishes as he is the President and others he passes along to the Competition Committee. YOU voted him in and WE were voted in as the CC.

At the beginning of the CC we chose heads up starts as the CC thought it would speed up the heats. We also thought the heats would be shorter and that would help keep to our time line. After a few race nights we came to the conclusion that it really wasn't working and had to make a change.

Why you ask? Ruff starts, WAY to much time was needed getting every one gridded up properly and no one really got a clean qual in.

In racing qualifying is almost always used to grid the main. Thats what we are doing right?

See every one in the AM!

Kody
Old 01-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

good answer.

except i remember this one time at band camp. we did restarts, and it only took a few for the trigger happy to learn to take it easy.

and it seems to work in off road just fine, we can learn, I do agree wednesday night is probably not the night to learn,

qualifying? real racing? really? haven't seen a imfar start at indy, nascar, grand am. oh i know we can go out one at a time for 2 laps to set the grid. just screwing with ya. take it easy.

actually back in the day, when i was young fella and did some Flat track racing, we reached in a coffee can and pulled a number, thats where we started on the grid for the heats, the heats were heads up, top whatever to the main.

I like the way Scotty does it at the IIC. run a heat, best 3 laps in a row count.

I know ifmar isn't going to change, some of that was just... ok all of it was just late night Black Velvet babble. see you in the am. don't forget the xray
Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Xray? What Xray? I don't own any Xray's other then the ones of my messed up ankles!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

good answer.

except i remember this one time at band camp. we did restarts, and it only took a few for the trigger happy to learn to take it easy.

and it seems to work in off road just fine, we can learn, I do agree wednesday night is probably not the night to learn,

qualifying? real racing? really? haven't seen a imfar start at indy, nascar, grand am. oh i know we can go out one at a time for 2 laps to set the grid. just screwing with ya. take it easy.

actually back in the day, when i was young fella and did some Flat track racing, we reached in a coffee can and pulled a number, thats where we started on the grid for the heats, the heats were heads up, top whatever to the main.

I like the way Scotty does it at the IIC. run a heat, best 3 laps in a row count.

I know ifmar isn't going to change, some of that was just... ok all of it was just late night Black Velvet babble. see you in the am. don't forget the xray
Nevermind. Oops! Lol.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

oh btw, I thought "Beast Mode" was pretty catchy and original, but then I heard it today in a rap song.. I thought rappers are the ones that did the "sampling"
Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

oh btw, I thought "Beast Mode" was pretty catchy and original, but then I heard it today in a rap song.. I thought rappers are the ones that did the "sampling"
You probably heard it in the new Seahawks song that's playing everywhere.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

you can hear it the eminem song "no love" featuring lil wayne.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:57 AM
piper48

Thanks Brian B. for the newly acquired carpet..YOU ROCK!!!

I like heads up qualifying cuz it's funner. TRCR runs them without a hitch and it does help for the mains..just my opinion.

I gotta work so I won't be able to run today..that freak'n sucks hairy donkey show. See you guys on the next weekend race.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rugged

Please sign me up for stock and mod touring.

I am going to be late to the party.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.