Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
O ok Franko. Sorry guys. Leave your axles long and risk snagging them on something.

Forget I even made that post...

I tried that......now the nuts wont stay on because the nylock aint touchin the axle.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Maybe we could use a roll or two of the old carpet to make a skidpad or small test track?

-Mike
What would you want to test on a different carpet soaked with different sauce?

Unless you just like fuzzballs...
Old 01-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Slappy,

That's a awesome thing you did there, I don't care what you say. Two thumbs up for you!

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Guys, grab a hanky. Yes, I have been in this hobby nonstop for some 26+ years now and I will have to say that I haven't seen such a dedicated inspiring group like this before. Todd surely has the leadership and enthusiasm to create from the rubble of hobbyist a stable and polished program we can all be proud of. Once that is worth investing our interest, time and finances. Even with the current carpet conditions, our club is flourishing. I know what guys like Kody, Todd, Alex and the rest of us are going through to get this to the level that we expect. The exhaustive work party we just had did not reflect the desired track conditions we had hoped for. Two steps forward, one back. I have full confidence that it will be tweaked into something amazing. But, that carpet just has to go. Wave by-by.

I am supper excited to make this happen for us. This will be my contribution. Take pride in our club. Make that extra effort on your part to make sure our continued success is going to be something admired by all.

Brian
Old 01-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
I tried that......now the nuts wont stay on because the nylock aint touchin the axle.
You still use nuts with nylock? Thats totally 1990's dude! LOL Serrated nuts are the "in thing". I have a full set of silver ones you can have next week...

Here is a link to a place to order them for those interested.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=397

Old 01-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

You still use nuts with nylock? Thats totally 1990's dude! LOL Serrated nuts are the "in thing". I have a full set of silver ones you can have next week...

LOL....nuts.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee

Maybe this is a good foundation for an off road carpet program.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sean; save me a can.

Originally Posted by Maybell
Funny thing is, I had just bought a new can a couple minutes before you did..!

Jack is on the way and will be in the Tub for the race on the 26th...

Congrats Seattle RC Racers!!!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:45 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

1+ agreed
Old 01-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Maybe this is a good foundation for an off road carpet program.
That would be a beautiful thing. I know some folks are opposed to it, but an offroad program would really be an awesome thing for Seattle racers. There are loads and loads of youtube vids featuring nice offroad carpet tracks.

Start it off slow...stock buggy, short course, beginner.

Also, my 2 pesos regarding onroad after racing offroad a couple times recently...heads up starts kick ass. Just saying.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Default Go Bears :D

That would be a beautiful thing. I know some folks are opposed to it, but an offroad program would really be an awesome thing for Seattle racers. There are loads and loads of youtube vids featuring nice offroad carpet tracks.

Start it off slow...stock buggy, short course, beginner.

Also, my 2 pesos regarding onroad after racing offroad a couple times recently...heads up starts kick ass. Just saying.
Your football fever has obviously warped your fragile little mind. Heads up starts are not awesome except during the main.

Kidding aside, I understand your opinion. I'm just telling you it's terrible. I like to have at least one qualifying heat where (in concept) your just racing the clock and laying down your best personal time.

I've been thinking about how to make light modular jumps for doing something like this and I can't really come up with anything that doesn't make it a pretty bulky storage proposition. It really is most suitable for a permanent facility unfortunately, unless one had a large trailer to store the stuff in on site.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Your football fever has obviously warped your fragile little mind. Heads up starts are not awesome except during the main.

Kidding aside, I understand your opinion. I'm just telling you it's terrible. I like to have at least one qualifying heat where (in concept) your just racing the clock and laying down your best personal time.

I've been thinking about how to make light modular jumps for doing something like this and I can't really come up with anything that doesn't make it a pretty bulky storage proposition. It really is most suitable for a permanent facility unfortunately, unless one had a large trailer to store the stuff in on site.
Heads up just seems more like racing, ya know?

And the main isn't such a jolt switching up to heads up...it gives folks an opportunity to learn how to NOT cluster-@#$& the first few turns in the mains.

I hope Cutler gets knocked the *&%$ out!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

What about foam jumps with velcro on the bottom? Offroad would provide a good use for those damn dots!

Some of you guys might already be familiar with this foam wedge technology...it tends to be advertised in particular magazines.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Driving skills might be a good start. But mostly just exploring tuning. Sure, the carpet wouldn't be exactly the same, but it'd give us more opportunity to play with tuning options. I guess it'd probably be more useful to the TC crowd than the pan crowd.

-Mike
Old 01-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Suspended

What about foam jumps with velcro on the bottom? Offroad would provide a good use for those damn dots!

Some of you guys might already be familiar with this foam wedge technology...it tends to be advertised in particular magazines.
We would need to do something like skin the foam in thin wood, but this is a good idea to make it light but keep it strong. My initial idea was to basically make the jumps as if you were building an aircraft wing with stringers that are hogged out and triangulated for strength...but then your talking much more needed in resources.

But then you need a place to keep all of the stuff needed to build a suitable fun track.

Another idea I had would be to take something like the cardboard rolls for our carpet, put like 5 of them together 2-4' apart and then use thin nylon plastic in a wave motion up and down the rolls; you could then carpet that and it would be a durable 2-5 jump section. Even if you made these sectionable you're still talking about a piece that is 3-5' wide and 6' across.

The more I ponder things like this the more I start to justify renting my own office space and turning it into some form of play pen.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Heads up just seems more like racing, ya know?

And the main isn't such a jolt switching up to heads up...it gives folks an opportunity to learn how to NOT cluster-@#$& the first few turns in the mains.
Yeah, ironically I entirely agree with you.. It does. For watching racing and for the 'fun' value of it heads up is 'more entertaining' than watching timed laps.

I will still appreciate timed trials more, but would enjoy it either way. I wouldn't mind spending some time practicing my starts. Thats where I suffer the most, I tend to be too passive on the first lap. I wouldn't mind spending a little more time practicing on winning in the first corner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.