Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GreenSC10
I like the new layout its more challenging, but Im still new so it was always challenging. Thank you Todd for providing us a place to go and to those who put in the time to make it happen.

I said it earlier, so I'll just quote myself...
Old 01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Geniune thank you to those that made it happen. Bigger and "Badder" carpet ! Wow
Old 01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The Hangar 30 race program has enjoyed great success over the past two years. We all deserve credit for the progress of this club. We have a bright future.

All actions have consequences. Some foreseen, some unintended. When we purchased carpet and built our new track last year, it was hoped that it would be a foundation upon which to grow our club participation. It has, and we have. But, from the beginning, it has been a temperamental component of our infrastructure. Though the carpet was new, it was superannuated when we bought it. And since, we have made every effort to work around its shortcomings and wring from it as much life as we can. We can continue to do so. But, the effort is taking a toll on how much we enjoy our racing. (For example, spraying gives me a terrible headache. I'm not sure it's healthy. Not to mention its affect on my 1/12th scale driving. A malignant brain tumor? Not ideal. Losing to Slatten? Intolerable! )

There is a season for patience, and a season for action. It's action time.

Brian Bodine has negotiated with CRC for four new 100' rolls of Fasttrack HD racing carpet. This is the newest, best racing carpet available anywhere. It is what's used at the IIC in Las Vegas. At Snowbirds in Florida. And, closer to home, IROCC in Victoria, BC, and N.O.R.A. in Mt. Vernon. Brian, and many of our other racers will attest that this carpet is an order of magnitude better than that which we currently own. It does not fuzz, it builds traction quickly without spraying, and it is durable. It is superior in virtually every way, and it will stand up to the demands of the Hangar 30 race program. (Brian has asked that I not lionize him here. Too bad... Brian is a pillar of northwest radio control racing. He has served in many capacities over the years: track owner, club president, champion racer, original H30 Comp Committee member...his contributions are innumerable. He loves the hobby, is proud of our club, and is invested in the future. We thank him.)

The carpet shipped today and will be delivered to Hangar 30 next week.

We will not merely swap out the old for the new. At this time, we will sieze the opportunity to punch our program up to the next level. We will undertake some fundamental upgrades to our model, including:

* Switching form Paragon to Jack the Gripper.
* Rolling out the carpet lengthwise to minimize seam interference.
* Expanding and modifying the new layout to the full 100' by 48' dimension.
* Enlarging the drivers stand to comfortably accommodate 10 drivers.

The totality of these changes, in addition to the new carpet, will improve our ability to serve more racers with greater efficiency, and enable more enjoyment for everyone during our race meetings.

Based on the schedules of a few key individuals, we will push hard to complete the changeover by our next Wednesday race on the 26th. At the latest, our first Wednesday race in February on the 9th. In the meantime, we will race as scheduled. Our track has served us well, and can do so for one or two more days.

As always, thank you for supporting the Seattle RC Racers. We strive to bring you club racing that is accessible, affordable, and fun
Wow, pretty awesome. Thanks guys. No more heavenly scent of wintergreen, bummer. We can adjust and will adjust back to Jack. What do I do with a whole can of Paragon though.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman
Wow, pretty awesome. Thanks guys. No more heavenly scent of wintergreen, bummer. We can adjust and will adjust back to Jack. What do I do with a whole can of Paragon though.
Yeah, I just bought a new can last night ! Its ok Sean, you can laugh now
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
A malignant brain tumor? Not ideal.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I still have my old Jack! (In a different bottle but still!)
Old 01-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Old 01-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

New carpet, less seams, new layout... I need clean drawers
Old 01-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Maybe we could use a roll or two of the old carpet to make a skidpad or small test track?

-Mike
Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Maybe we could use a roll or two of the old carpet to make a skidpad or small test track?

-Mike
you need to wash your mouth out with soap!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:50 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Save the paragon for FW
Old 01-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Would someone running a 25.5 brushless motor in scale spec please give a final drive ratio recommendation?

Wondering because I picked up a 2nd hand Novak brushless system for my SS car and want to get my gear ratio at least into the ballpark for Saturday's race.

Bill S.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Guys, grab a hanky. Yes, I have been in this hobby nonstop for some 26+ years now and I will have to say that I haven't seen such a dedicated inspiring group like this before. Todd surely has the leadership and enthusiasm to create from the rubble of hobbyist a stable and polished program we can all be proud of. Once that is worth investing our interest, time and finances. Even with the current carpet conditions, our club is flourishing. I know what guys like Kody, Todd, Alex and the rest of us are going through to get this to the level that we expect. The exhaustive work party we just had did not reflect the desired track conditions we had hoped for. Two steps forward, one back. I have full confidence that it will be tweaked into something amazing. But, that carpet just has to go. Wave by-by.

I am supper excited to make this happen for us. This will be my contribution. Take pride in our club. Make that extra effort on your part to make sure our continued success is going to be something admired by all.

Brian
Old 01-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Wowee, very nice!

Thanks Brian.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:10 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Guys, grab a hanky. Yes, I have been in this hobby nonstop for some 26+ years now and I will have to say that I haven't seen such a dedicated inspiring group like this before. Todd surely has the leadership and enthusiasm to create from the rubble of hobbyist a stable and polished program we can all be proud of. Once that is worth investing our interest, time and finances. Even with the current carpet conditions, our club is flourishing. I know what guys like Kody, Todd, Alex and the rest of us are going through to get this to the level that we expect. The exhaustive work party we just had did not reflect the desired track conditions we had hoped for. Two steps forward, one back. I have full confidence that it will be tweaked into something amazing. But, that carpet just has to go. Wave by-by.

I am supper excited to make this happen for us. This will be my contribution. Take pride in our club. Make that extra effort on your part to make sure our continued success is going to be something admired by all.

Brian
1+
I'm doing my best to support Hangar30.. In the med week racing it isn't easy for some people .. Oh Oh Gotta get up at 4am go to work the next day..oh god... see ya this sat....
Old 01-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Funny thing is, I had just bought a new can a couple minutes before you did..!

Jack is on the way and will be in the Tub for the race on the 26th...

Congrats Seattle RC Racers!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.