Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 12-31-2010, 04:24 PM
  #5716  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,723
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Groove Time

A word about track time on Sunday. The hangar is rented from 9am to 4pm. Last year was a big job with brand new carpet, pipes to fit, and a new layout to put in. This year should be somewhat lighter, but it is primarily a work day. Our to do list:

1. Blow off the hangar floor.
2. Sort pipe.
3. Re-fit pipes with new slugs and velcro. This incudes the 400' of brand new pipe I picked up and delivered to the hangar today.
4. Roll out carpet, repair tears, and argue about whether to shuffle the panels Vaccuum.
5. Build new layout. Chicanes and radiuses custom built for fast setup.
6. Somewhere in here someone will have to put up the drivers stand.
7. Get some laps.
8. Restore order to the alcoves and storage room (including a thorough sort-through of our stuff and agonizing over what to throw out or keep.)
9. Tear down and store track and stand in a new and improved ultra-tidy fashion.

It sounds like a lot, but it will go much more quickly than last year. There will be time for running. But, this is when we set ourselves up for a successful second half. We want to get it right. I'm sure everyone understands and agrees.

I'll be there at 9am. We have a lunch sponsor, too.

See y'all then.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 07:49 PM
  #5717  
Suspended
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
A word about track time on Sunday. The hangar is rented from 9am to 4pm. Last year was a big job with brand new carpet, pipes to fit, and a new layout to put in. This year should be somewhat lighter, but it is primarily a work day. Our to do list:

1. Blow off the hangar floor.
2. Sort pipe.
3. Re-fit pipes with new slugs and velcro. This incudes the 400' of brand new pipe I picked up and delivered to the hangar today.
4. Roll out carpet, repair tears, and argue about whether to shuffle the panels Vaccuum.
5. Build new layout. Chicanes and radiuses custom built for fast setup.
6. Somewhere in here someone will have to put up the drivers stand.
7. Get some laps.
8. Restore order to the alcoves and storage room (including a thorough sort-through of our stuff and agonizing over what to throw out or keep.)
9. Tear down and store track and stand in a new and improved ultra-tidy fashion.

It sounds like a lot, but it will go much more quickly than last year. There will be time for running. But, this is when we set ourselves up for a successful second half. We want to get it right. I'm sure everyone understands and agrees.

I'll be there at 9am. We have a lunch sponsor, too.

See y'all then.
Sounds good Todd. Anyway to start before nine or stay alittle later? Maybe charge a fee to help pay the rent? Just throwing stuff out there.

Last edited by tutankhamen; 01-01-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: wrong time
tutankhamen is offline  
Old 01-01-2011, 11:09 AM
  #5718  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
MarkBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 774
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Sounds good Todd. Anyway to start before noon or stay alittle later? ...
The start time is 9am, not noon. If plenty of people show up at 9am there will be plenty of "groove time" before the track needs to be put away.
MarkBrown is offline  
Old 01-01-2011, 11:13 AM
  #5719  
Suspended
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
The start time is 9am, not noon. If plenty of people show up at 9am there will be plenty of "groove time" before the track needs to be put away.
. Just changed it. Have no idea why I typed noon.
tutankhamen is offline  
Old 01-01-2011, 11:18 AM
  #5720  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
oXYnary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Are we using Autoscore or Jlap? Im trying to see if the idea of setting up the race computer to broadcast a wireless private lan and have people hooked into with their laptops or smartphones to watch the scores is possible.

Need to research their sites.

Also an aside, anyone know the specs on the computer? We are throwing out old stuff at work and I may be too late but possibly grab some ram or a cpu to up the anty on old betsy at the hangar.
oXYnary is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 02:37 PM
  #5721  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
GreenSC10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 647
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Home sick I wanted to come help, really curious on the layout any pics?
GreenSC10 is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 PM
  #5722  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tub Update

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the TUB will now carry Mylaps Transponders!

I cant wait to see the new layout!
Maybell is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
  #5723  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Are we using Autoscore or Jlap? Im trying to see if the idea of setting up the race computer to broadcast a wireless private lan and have people hooked into with their laptops or smartphones to watch the scores is possible.

Need to research their sites.

Also an aside, anyone know the specs on the computer? We are throwing out old stuff at work and I may be too late but possibly grab some ram or a cpu to up the anty on old betsy at the hangar.
We use rc scoring pro.
Wes Briscoe is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 08:03 PM
  #5724  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,648
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Greg,, here she is..
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-scan_pic0001.jpg  
skypilot is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 08:22 PM
  #5725  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
oXYnary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
We use rc scoring pro.
Hmm..

" HTML, JPG, PDF, TXT output for easy web viewing"

Though I don't know if thats like after the race is done it creates said page. Probably would need somesort of javascript or php to be realtime. Let me email the owner...


Sorry to leave early but I have to work this AM.
oXYnary is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
  #5726  
Suspended
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
Greg,, here she is..
Damn, that was a nice bike Ritchie.
tutankhamen is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
  #5727  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
gwhiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Damn, that was a nice bike Ritchie.
+1

I would murder that bike.
gwhiz is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 PM
  #5728  
Suspended
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gwhiz
+1

I would murder that bike.
You know what I would do.
tutankhamen is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
  #5729  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,648
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gwhiz
+1

I would murder that bike.
Originally Posted by tutankhamen
You know what I would do.


I forgot about the chrome side covers and headlight clamps.

and such a sweet sound it had
skypilot is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
  #5730  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
gwhiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot


I forgot about the chrome side covers and headlight clamps.

and such a sweet sound it had
Sweet Sound? I bet.

You guys should hear this: BRM H16 cockpit (mp3)

(from here: http://www.billzilla.org/engread.htm)
gwhiz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.