Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
That is awesome Shaun. You are my favorite hobby shop and now another excuse to go in. Happy day for sure. Lol. GF might not think so. Do you have an idea when some paragon might be in? Need some by Wed. Thanks again.

grant
Grant I think TRCR may have some in stock..
Old 04-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the compliments Grant!

You can find info on the store at www.rc-hobbies.com

We are in Woodinville in the Albertsons shopping center.

Paragon wont be in stock until next Thursday because it just got ordered.

I will not be able to go to the race on Wednesday. Sorry.

I would be happy to special order anything you guys want that I can get. Just give me a call at the shop. I pretty much live here.425-482-4328
Old 04-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0adman
Hopefully a lot of it will cross over or my budget meetings with my wife are going to be brutal!
Well, allow me to publicly say you're more than welcome. It's always good to bring someone new on. And anyway, you and Jeff helped open the door at Magnuson months ago, so the thanks go both ways.

And given that your life is about to get a lot simpler (people assume kids make it complicated, but in my experience there's nothing quite so simple as "No, honey, you're staying home." Or, "No, honey, that's not a priority at this time." Or, "You thought you were going to buy what? No."), living just across the street from the race track fits in with your new life model. Hello onroad. Just in time.

Todd M.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy5
Those are great videos. I love the 12th round one about 6 min in Alex board checks me. Nice move!
It was all you you got into his "dirty air"
Old 04-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Grant I think TRCR may have some in stock..
Thanks for the info. Thought that was a dirt track and didn't carry carpet parts. I will call and ask.

Another question on classes. I think it is time I move up from novice "gt3 spec" to Gt/TA class. What are the rules on chassis, motor and gears? Also the ROAR rules state a rear wheel drive front engine bodies only. So by that is it safe to assume my mid-engine NSX body is out? Just a couple of brain farts here.

Grant
Old 04-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info. Thought that was a dirt track and didn't carry carpet parts. I will call and ask.

Another question on classes. I think it is time I move up from novice "gt3 spec" to Gt/TA class. What are the rules on chassis, motor and gears? Also the ROAR rules state a rear wheel drive front engine bodies only. So by that is it safe to assume my mid-engine NSX body is out? Just a couple of brain farts here.

Grant
GT3 uses a Tamiya silver can motor with any gearing. For now, until we build up larger VTA and GT3 turnouts, they will run together. If using a Proto-Form body (Mazda 6, Stratus, R9, etc.) in GT3, racers will have to conform to the ROAR guidelines regarding wing height.

But we will always accommodate Tamiya and HPI scale GT bodies. Your NSX absolutely fits within that group. When using a scale GT body, you can fit the optional wings, for instance, and so long as they are cut to the molded trim lines, you're good to go.

It really is cooler to run the scale bodies in GT3.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Grant
GT3 is bad ass. You're gonna have fun. It lacks the relative balls-out speed of even the 17.5 BL class, but consistency and momentum pay off in spades.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
It was all you you got into his "dirty air"
There was definatly something dirty about that.

No biggie, all part of the learning curve.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Very nice

Thanks Todd. That is great news. Didn't know if I had to take a trip to the hobby shop on an emergency basis. Lol.

Great encouragment Jubilee, appreciate it.

Now may I ask what is the average gearing being run in TA05? Need to put in a rush order tonight to have some ratios to play with Wed. I know I am full of questions and thank you all for patience and input. This really is a great club.

Grant
Old 04-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Now may I ask what is the average gearing being run in TA05?
Grant
I dont know about averages, but your motor will tell you what ratio is too low, for sure. Too low a ratio (< 5 ish) and she cooks.

I had ballpark orthodox track speed at around 5.3 if memory serves.

My $0.02

-=G=-
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Now may I ask what is the average gearing being run in TA05? Need to put in a rush order tonight to have some ratios to play with Wed. I know I am full of questions and thank you all for patience and input. This really is a great club.

Grant
I'd start at a 5.5 and see how hot the motor comes off. Silver cans are tough little units, but all the same, they perform best if you can keep them at or below about 180 deg. The move to 6 minutes is going to bump up the FDR (Final Drive Ratio) a little bit.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey 12th scale and wgt guys; got a deal for you! I have 7 - 4 cell packs of Energy 4600 that have hit my back burner. I just went to nats and bought all new stuff for that adventure which leaves me with all these extra packs that I club raced with. I have found these cells to be very durable and ultra reliable. I want to see the Hanger 30 crew get a crack at them first.

$10/pack or 2 for $15. I definitely plan on attending the race on Wed the 8th. I can do cash or paypal. I hate to slobber sales here, but I want to see crew be equipped.

Brian
Old 04-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oy, anyone have a spare 17.5 motor I can borrow on wednesday? The duo I ordered seems to be.... el crappo. I'm going to have to call trinity but I won't have a replacement by the 8th...

le SIGH....
Old 04-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kcdzim
Oy, anyone have a spare 17.5 motor I can borrow on wednesday? The duo I ordered seems to be.... el crappo. I'm going to have to call trinity but I won't have a replacement by the 8th...

le SIGH....
I've got a Hacker you can use.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kcdzim

le SIGH....
I also have one you can use if you need it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.