Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-vz.jpg  
Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Old 11-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Stupid UPS

I ordered my new TCX a week ago and it won't get here until next Monday thanks to the holiday shipping schedule. I really wanted to come race this week.

Anyone have a car they could loan me? I can supply the ESC, motor, Tx/Rx, servo, etc. I just need a chassis, body, and wheels - unless I can run my buggy!

I'd like to run stock TC but anything will do. The wife has to work on Saturday so it's a play day for me!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Just loaded up a pair of 1/12th..... so does that make them a 24th?

I will take the Astro so others can take a shot at it. It's quite the snow machine, but it's the others I am worried about.
actually brian i do belive that 2 1/12ths would be 1/6th......

ok thats my smart ass remark for the week
Old 11-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
You guys have it easy over on the West side... Every thing is white over here in the Tri-Cites. All the roads are a solid sheet of ice! Temps below freezing all week and more snow coming in Friday! Fun fun fun...
Dude, I was working in Spocompton since Monday and came through Moses Lake today and stopped and got a coffee and left a dump...... -19. Awesome.

West siders are sissies!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mdowney
I ordered my new TCX a week ago and it won't get here until next Monday thanks to the holiday shipping schedule. I really wanted to come race this week.

Anyone have a car they could loan me? I can supply the ESC, motor, Tx/Rx, servo, etc. I just need a chassis, body, and wheels - unless I can run my buggy!

I'd like to run stock TC but anything will do. The wife has to work on Saturday so it's a play day for me!
well dang... I don't know you personally but I would have made you a sweet deal on my TCX and all the spares.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Wow. I went from loving 1/12 to loathing it in the span of 1 week.
Little instrument of torture. Aaaargggh!

Happy turkey day everyone!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

So who won?

I mean I know I ULTIMATELY won because I left you all to freeze and went home to turn the fire on...

But who won the race?
Old 11-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I recall Ritchie winning stock tc with Alvin in tow. I am a loser and didn't pay attention to mod tc, but I saw Jake off early after looking really good all night. I tq'ed 12th nearly matching track record, missing it by a scant .3 or something. Korey got straightened out in the main and took 2nd behind me by 3 seconds for a pair of 48 lap runs with Sean third. Todd had a great battle going with Sean till he fatally hung himself up right in front of the drivers stand..... you know.... the corner that's easiest to see? The wgt main dissolved into a lets see who could finish. Novice was entertaining. Kinda like a wolf chasing sheep, but they did great and it's awesome to see the new faces.
I saw a balmy 46f inside H30, not bad considering outside was 28.

For those listening, Korey and I both ran grey fronts and yellow rears and nearly full dope front... about 80%+. There seems to be some gummy build up on the part of the tire that you don't dope which is causing the car to change so much. Thing is, grey fronts at full traction makes just that; a lot of front grip. Several of us were traction rolling. I spun flipped several times in R1. Made changes for R2 that went the right direction. Sean flipped in the 2nd lap of the main which instantly put him in trouble. I think that the cold played a little roll in all of this and yet, we still went fast if you could adjust.

And yes, Bill & JB had an ugly evening in 12th. One thing I have found is that the Hanger is not forgiving if you let your little details get out of check. I have been struggling for a couple of months and I tell ya, the cars were not off by very much. It just has a profound effect once you get on the track. We can chat this out and work through it. Sean can help with any of the Asc Q & A and I will do my best with the CRC. Pete seems to have the Speedmerchant dialed in.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

I recall Ritchie winning stock tc with Alvin in tow. I am a loser and didn't pay attention to mod tc, but I saw Jake off early after looking really good all night. I tq'ed 12th nearly matching track record, missing it by a scant .3 or something. Korey got straightened out in the main and took 2nd behind me by 3 seconds for a pair of 48 lap runs with Sean third. Todd had a great battle going with Sean till he fatally hung himself up right in front of the drivers stand..... you know.... the corner that's easiest to see? The wgt main dissolved into a lets see who could finish. Novice was entertaining. Kinda like a wolf chasing sheep, but they did great and it's awesome to see the new faces.

For those listening, Korey and I both ran grey fronts and yellow rears and nearly full dope front... about 80%+. There seems to be some gummy build up on the part of the tire that you don't dope which is causing the car to change so much. Thing is, grey fronts at full traction makes just that; a lot of front grip. Several of us were traction rolling. I spun flipped several times in R1. Made changes for R2 that went the right direction. Sean flipped in the 2nd lap of the main which instantly put him in trouble. I think that the cold played a little roll in all of this and yet, we still went fast if you could adjust.

And yes, Bill & JB had an ugly evening in 12th. One thing I have found is that the Hanger is not forgiving if you let your little details get out of check. I have been struggling for a couple of months and I tell ya, the cars were not off by very much. It just has a profound effect once you get on the track. We can chat this out and work through it. Sean can help with any of the Asc Q & A and I will do my best with the CRC. Pete seems to have the Speedmerchant dialed in.

Sounds awesome, should be a really great race on Sat.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Happy Thanksgiving

What a great night of racing! Over 40 entries on a chilly night, but the racing was as fun as ever, and there were happy faces everywhere. The warming station was a nice touch. Every time I looked up from the racing it seemed it was filled with guys either on deck or just hanging and talking.

We continue to bring in the new racers, and that is something to be grateful for. Garrett, who got the hook in with our loaner program, should be sporting a new car soon. But last night he brought his lovely girlfriend, Kendall, out to race. And she had a great time. Other new guys: young Ben brought his friend Devin, who had a blast. Mark Sells is brand new. Kyle Behlen and Dave K were in attendance, too. All new! Something is working, and I think it is a testament to all of the veteran racers who share what they know with the new racers. Last night, in particular, Alvin and Tom got my son's F103GT rolling for Kendall to use while I was busy with signups and whatnot. Thanks for the backup guys.

Racing was great. My 1/12th was superb all night. If only it had a pilot to match. I'm running CRC Yellow/Magentas--to the rim! Full dope front and rear. Otherwise, I'm almost completely kit stock on my 12R5 (original with 10R5 pod.) I'll have something more for Saturday. I'm on the right track with my car.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Let me just say I am thankful for the Seattle RC Racers. You are a great club, and our success is a direct result of your passion for the sport and your commitment to a great race program. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (58.7 KB, 73 views)
Round2.txt (61.7 KB, 85 views)
Round3.txt (48.3 KB, 118 views)
Old 11-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I was pretty happy with my car at the end of the day. This car literally has no option parts on it right now, which I think is pretty dang cool. I actually ran Grey-Low (Orange for you Jaco fans) rears as opposed to yellows. I would like to try some yellows on Saturday and compare though.

I agree with the close to full sauce front. Brian had made some changes to his car to mellow it out a tick up front that seemed to help a lot, so it wasn't such a white knuckle experience to drive. I have some other ideas as well that I will be testing further .

Overall... VERY Excited for Satuday :P

-Korey
Old 11-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

My car and I was utterly an epic failure. Gotta regroup and come back Saturday with a new outlook. Lately the view has been bleak
Old 11-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Chin up JB. Just read something the other day: a bad day with rc is better then a day without it.

You only really fail if you choose to do nothing with your disappointments.
.... I said that.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:08 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Scale Spec
Hey Todd
I'm coming up this sat..question about the Scale spec, It is okay for to run my Tamiya front drive FF03 silver can motor with TA tires in Scale spec class?
My other car is the 12th scale...lmk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.