Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-16-2010, 08:44 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Hey PM me info about the track, I'd love to come check it out!
Hi Pete, this is a C&P from our thread in the CND section.

Location: #5- 31234 Wheel Ave, Abbotsford ( 5 minutes from the Sumas border)
Key features:

-Permeant track ( no set up or tear down)
-OZITE carpet racing surface for the best traction possible
-Seamless ( No tape)
-AMB RC lap counting ( personal transponders accepted)
-New Vinyl track barrier system
-RC Scoring PRO software
-House transponders available for use.

Racing every Sunday, Doors open @ 8:30 am ( we will run a tight program and hope to wrap by 5pm.) If we finish early track is open for free practice until 5:30PM

Wednesday nigh practice, doors open @4 pm Close @ 10:30PM

Classes: ROAR rules apply:

-Tamiya Mini- TCS Spec
-Touring Car Stock ( 17.5 non boosted)
-Touring Car Super Stock ( 13.5 boosted)
-12th Scale Stock (17.5 Boosted 1S)
-WGT ( 13.5 Boosted 1S) Spec tire.

Optional classes ( 4 car entry min)

-VTA
-Touring Mod
-F1

PM me with any questions as I do not want to step on your clubs thread, we would love to have you guys come up
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-img_2259.jpg.jpeg  
Old 11-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korgae
PM me with any questions as I do not want to step on your clubs thread, we would love to have you guys come up
This looks like a fun 3 day weekend trip! Only 2.5-3 hrs from Seattle.

What traction sauce do you guys prefer on your carpet?
Old 11-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
This looks like a fun 3 day weekend trip! Only 2.5-3 hrs from Seattle.

What traction sauce do you guys prefer on your carpet?
We have been using Jack or Niftech, which seems to be neutral and not react to the Jack.

Back in the day when we had our last warehouse track ( over 10 years ago) we had some great races with our American friends.. Names that come to mind: ( sorry if I mess up your names)

Brian Bodine
Chris Perry & Kim
Richie Parkhurst
Chris Gambini
Steve Curry
Travis S
Andrew Cartwright
Chris White
Scott Brown

I know there were more...

Maybe I should organize a Trophy race like we use to do... it was basically like a Cam/Am challenge.

Anyways back to Hanger racing forum

Korgae
Old 11-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korgae
Maybe I should organize a Trophy race like we use to do... it was basically like a Cam/Am challenge.
DO IT!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

A newbie question ...

I thought my car was just over the Stock Touring class's minimum weight but, when double checking things this weekend, I realized I was carrying about 160 grams of extra weight (almost 10% of the car's total weight).

I put the car on an agressive Jenny Craig program, trimming off the fat. Now I'm just 30 grams over the minimum.

I'm hopeful the lighter car will be faster; seems like that would be logical anyways.

My question is: All other things being equal, is weight to lap time a linear relationship? E.g. Since my car weighs 10% less but everything else is the same, would it be reasonable to think my lap times might be 10% lower (assuming my driving is up to the task)?

Wondering because if so, then there's hope my laps won't forever be the slowest in the field.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waswadener
A newbie question ...

I thought my car was just over the Stock Touring class's minimum weight but, when double checking things this weekend, I realized I was carrying about 160 grams of extra weight (almost 10% of the car's total weight).

I put the car on an agressive Jenny Craig program, trimming off the fat. Now I'm just 30 grams over the minimum.

I'm hopeful the lighter car will be faster; seems like that would be logical anyways.

My question is: All other things being equal, is weight to lap time a linear relationship? E.g. Since my car weighs 10% less but everything else is the same, would it be reasonable to think my lap times might be 10% lower (assuming my driving is up to the task)?

Wondering because if so, then there's hope my laps won't forever be the slowest in the field.
Having the weight balanced is going to be more important than being just over the minimum weight. If the car is too unbalanced you could acutally go slower.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

OK. Thank you. Do you mean balanced left to right, front to rear or both?

Left to right, I'm about 735 grams on the left wheels and 725 grams on the right wheels; just 10 grams difference between left and right. I could add a little lead to the right or trim a little weight from the left (e.g. shorten the motor-esc wires) to get it perfectly 50:50. Thoughts?

Front to rear: I'm at 733 grams on the front and 727 grams on the rear, or 50.2:49.8 weight distribution. In Stock Touring is 50:50 the best ratio or should there be more weight on the front or rear?

Any / all insights are welcome and appreciated.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:13 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nox
Hi there, it's been a long time since I touch my R/C gears. (Since SIR closed). So, where can I find more info about the track (location/operate time/etc.) and classes that ppl racing now a day?

Thanks.
Hi Nox
I'm still around....lol
Are you going to bring your kid too?
Old 11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by waswadener
OK. Thank you. Do you mean balanced left to right, front to rear or both?

Left to right, I'm about 735 grams on the left wheels and 725 grams on the right wheels; just 10 grams difference between left and right. I could add a little lead to the right or trim a little weight from the left (e.g. shorten the motor-esc wires) to get it perfectly 50:50. Thoughts?

Front to rear: I'm at 733 grams on the front and 727 grams on the rear, or 50.2:49.8 weight distribution. In Stock Touring is 50:50 the best ratio or should there be more weight on the front or rear?

Any / all insights are welcome and appreciated.
Balance left to right is important. You want your car to accelerate and steer evenly, balance can greatly effect that. I don't think that you will find that if you loose 10% in weight that you will go 10% faster on the track. You will have your equipment run cooler, be faster longer and depending on if you were able to take weight off of the top of the chassis, be far less prone to traction roll.... or it will allow you to enter corners faster with out traction rolling therefore go faster. The TC purist will be able to provide some more insight on fore and aft weight balance, but your chassis will be generically filled with electronic placement that should within 95% of perfect anyway.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Its all bull crap. A lighter car does not mean a faster car. Don't make me use facts and actual race results. End of story
Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
Its all bull crap. A lighter car does not mean a faster car. Don't make me use facts and actual race results. End of story
Wow, crabby?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
Its all bull crap.

And here I thought it was "all good". Damn.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As Colin Chapman of Lotus fame stated "First to go fast, add lightness"

This is always true. It will require nimbler suspension and finer tuning of set up. Heavy cars lumber around very nicely and give the impression of a good set up. That's how I used to run my cars when I knew less about suspension function. Left and right balance is very important though, as Brian said, relation to weight transfer in acceleration and braking for starters, let alone the unharmonious moment vector sh*t !!

Jacko
Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
As Colin Chapman of Lotus fame stated "First to go fast, add lightness"

Jacko
On a totally unrelated, but nonetheless super awesome note, here's one of your countrymen completely ruling the universe on a bike.

http://nsmb.com/4035-danny-macaskil/
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks Juubs....that was awesome!! I've seen a few of those

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.