Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
  #4981  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,671
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Got any T-shirts in blimp size?
we can take 2 shirts, cut one in half, cut the center out of the other and sew it all back together, cut the sleeves off, and tie the bottom of the shirt above your navel. then make BQ for 1/12 kiss the belly. yea, reminds me some ' realm of the dragon' or something we did when crossing the international date line while out to sea.


homie don't play dat either....
skypilot is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
  #4982  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (101)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,707
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

For those of you who have responded to my question, Thanks!!

Ritchie and club members, I saw your post on the other thread but I am going to post here instead of there to keep the discussion more local. My next question is, who is it that is making Peter feel like he is under attack? Why? We are a club who uses ROAR for insurance reasons but we are not doing the other ROAR stuff as vigorously.

Peter could beat most of us if we made him use a second servo and a wiper speed resister. I am not sure that I care for some of the snide remarks that come out of these message boards. If someone needs answers or clarification on issues then they should ask questions instead of this method.

Should I just skip Wednesday's race and stay home? Just got a link Serpent and a fresh brick lipo, would be a shame to think that watching TV is the better choice.

Steve
corallyman is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
  #4983  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman

Should I just skip Wednesday's race and stay home? Just got a link Serpent and a fresh brick lipo, would be a shame to think that watching TV is the better choice.

Steve
No, you should definitely come. I think I'm close to a break through with you. You got a link car...even if it is a Serpent....I am feeling it Steve, you're going to have a successful club race in your future.

See...Interventions do save lives.

You gotta remember the tone it would be said at the track. I don't think anyone is being a genuine shit here... We are all friends enough to give a little shit once in awhile without feelings being hurt, I would hope...
Wes Briscoe is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
  #4984  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Don't worry, I have an email in to Sean Cochran so you won't be able to throw me under the bus anymore over an equipment choice
Peter,

I didn't toss you under the buss. When I have other racers coming up to me complain about none legal speed controls and software what am I to do. You still got the win from last weekend right? I spoke to a few of you about it and expressed the concerns of other racers and left it at that.
Kody is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:56 AM
  #4985  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,075
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Roar legal tuning rotors....

question. I see only a few tuning rotors allowed by ROAR. Unfortunately It seems that 1S would be the natural benefactor for these tuning rotors since most of these motors are designed for touring cars running 2S but there are only five listed. I was really hoping to run the LRP 1S tuning rotor for the X-12…., so I emailed team Associated ( the US LRP distributor ) and found out the tuning rotor is NOT Roar legal ( a few weeks ago ). Maybe this has changed, but I don't see it at the link below.

Ok, so here is my question…. am I looking in the right place ?

AND... does the club / rules committee have a stance on the use of tuning rotors.

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/...lessmotors.php

thank you,

Jake

p.s. I've never used a tuning rotor but want to badly !
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:59 AM
  #4986  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
gwhiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
I just looked at the rules for novice, it has some 'recommendations' but no rules and motors and esc's I'll drop in the 21.5, turn the boost off, s2000 body and sweep 32's and adjust the epa on the throttle depending on how he does.
I think you just invented a class: RCGT3
gwhiz is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 12:02 PM
  #4987  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
1) Minimum weight: should I assume it's the same 1420g as Stock and Open touring?

2) Final drive: There's no spec for a minimum FDR in the rules. Last race I ran 3.3 (thinking I was around 3.5). This race I ran 3.5 (Novak's suggested FDR for the 25.5 motors in TC). Pat Plueard said something about the comp comittee targetting a 3.8, but there's nothing listed in the rules. Is there a hard limit? Is there a "spirit of the rules" guideline?
Any clarification on those?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 12:03 PM
  #4988  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman
For those of you who have responded to my question, Thanks!!

Ritchie and club members, I saw your post on the other thread but I am going to post here instead of there to keep the discussion more local. My next question is, who is it that is making Peter feel like he is under attack? Why? We are a club who uses ROAR for insurance reasons but we are not doing the other ROAR stuff as vigorously.

Peter could beat most of us if we made him use a second servo and a wiper speed resister. I am not sure that I care for some of the snide remarks that come out of these message boards. If someone needs answers or clarification on issues then they should ask questions instead of this method.

Should I just skip Wednesday's race and stay home? Just got a link Serpent and a fresh brick lipo, would be a shame to think that watching TV is the better choice.

Steve
Just come out and race for #$ck sake! All of us will never agree on everything...making the racing fair again is the theme and thats great...the need to tweak the rules should start to slow down soon anyway...1/12 is getting huge again! Its time for you to get out there SteveO!!!
Maybell is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 12:12 PM
  #4989  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
MY comment was because the club as already grandfathered in non roar approved speedos "to save the racer money" and not make them go out and buy an approved esc. so why bring it up when someone is using a non roar esc. esp since I've been told it would be ok to run it.

oh wait, I know what the problem is, Peter has actually won a race using a non approved esc so now its a problem, I'm pretty sure thats the reason he is winning, make him run a tekin and I'm sure 4th will be the best he can do.
Not 100% true there... The CC agreed it would be alright to allow non approved speed controls by a case by case situation. I know you will want a 10 page document on how that process happens but its simple. Is it perfect no, but we feel its the thing to do. Not every one will agree with it but guess what its what CC decided to do.
Kody is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 12:14 PM
  #4990  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Any clarification on those?

-Mike
1420 is the weight for all TC classes including Scale Spec.

There is no gearing restrictions for Scale Spec.

Hope that clears it up!

Kody
Kody is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
  #4991  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
question. I see only a few tuning rotors allowed by ROAR. Unfortunately It seems that 1S would be the natural benefactor for these tuning rotors since most of these motors are designed for touring cars running 2S but there are only five listed. I was really hoping to run the LRP 1S tuning rotor for the X-12…., so I emailed team Associated ( the US LRP distributor ) and found out the tuning rotor is NOT Roar legal ( a few weeks ago ). Maybe this has changed, but I don't see it at the link below.

Ok, so here is my question…. am I looking in the right place ?

AND... does the club / rules committee have a stance on the use of tuning rotors.

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/...lessmotors.php

thank you,

Jake

p.s. I've never used a tuning rotor but want to badly !
If the next club race was a ROAR nationals and you had to go through tech would it pass? If so its legal if not its not. Simple.

I could write from memory what ROAR checks but if I get anything wrong its to the firing line for me. So if Wes (who now is part of ROAR RMT) wouldn't mind posting the process of checking a motor that would be great.
Kody is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 12:53 PM
  #4992  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,075
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
If the next club race was a ROAR nationals and you had to go through tech would it pass? If so its legal if not its not. Simple.

I could write from memory what ROAR checks but if I get anything wrong its to the firing line for me. So if Wes (who now is part of ROAR RMT) wouldn't mind posting the process of checking a motor that would be great.
thanks, you just saved me $30 bucks !

btw, at other clubs I've heard this statement and it always makes my blood boil : "They aren't checking it, so don't worry about "IT" " , this is in regards to wing height , weight, etc. etc..". Personally I think the honor system has to take place with respect to the rules AS WRITTEN rather than just what is being checked on a given day AND the rules need to be readily available and clearly written without loop holes ( sadly , but are fair game to everyone to exploit ).
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 01:10 PM
  #4993  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
thanks, you just saved me $30 bucks !

btw, at other clubs I've heard this statement and it always makes my blood boil : "They aren't checking it, so don't worry about "IT" " , this is in regards to wing height , weight, etc. etc..". Personally I think the honor system has to take place with respect to the rules AS WRITTEN rather than just what is being checked on a given day AND the rules need to be readily available and clearly written without loop holes ( sadly , but are fair game to everyone to exploit ).
Seems I heard a similar story regarding 1S battery voltages(not at the Hanger). It's amazing how much extra rip the car has when you don't have to worry about charging at 1S or 4.2v or tech checking the voltage.
mkdut is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 01:17 PM
  #4994  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
MY comment was because the club as already grandfathered in non roar approved speedos "to save the racer money" and not make them go out and buy an approved esc. so why bring it up when someone is using a non roar esc. esp since I've been told it would be ok to run it.

oh wait, I know what the problem is, Peter has actually won a race using a non approved esc so now its a problem, I'm pretty sure thats the reason he is winning, make him run a tekin and I'm sure 4th will be the best he can do.
By definition you can't "grandfather in" something that comes out after the rules package. The "spirit of the rule" is to allow ESC's that are old/outdated enough that the manufacturer did not bother to submit them.
mkdut is offline  
Old 11-09-2010, 01:24 PM
  #4995  
Tech Apprentice
 
SteveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 71
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
If the next club race was a ROAR nationals and you had to go through tech would it pass? If so its legal if not its not. Simple.

I could write from memory what ROAR checks but if I get anything wrong its to the firing line for me. So if Wes (who now is part of ROAR RMT) wouldn't mind posting the process of checking a motor that would be great.
C'mon Kody - do it - write it from memory - I want to watch what happens (from far away...)
SteveR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.