Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RC America at RC Hobbies!!!

We are very close to getting RC America going at our shop! Yes guys, that means xray spurs will should be in the Tub soon!

We have some questions for our Xray fans out there:

What should we carry for parts? What do you guys go through the most for suspension parts, ect?

We will most likely keep a T3 kit and a 12 Link kit in stock this season as well!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
We are very close to getting RC America going at our shop! Yes guys, that means xray spurs will should be in the Tub soon!

What should we carry for parts? What do you guys go through the most for suspension parts, ect?

We will most likely keep a T3 kit and a 12 Link kit in stock this season as well!
Man not a lot breaks, things do eventually wear out though. Here is what I would stock.

spurs
blades
diff rings
thrust bearings
bearings
belts
spool outdrives
small axle and drive shaft pins, and small set screws
shock bladders (they get soaked with oil and balloon up)
bumpers
body posts

I would think that you should be able to keep anyone with an xray running on that stock alone, the suspension parts really do not break. Carrying the arms is at your discretion since they offer two now as a tuning option, though for rubber tires you are really only going to use the one-hole arms.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cool, but it's been 2 1/2 years since I broke an xray part :-). Joking. Just Off the top of my head...the usual stuff, rear uprights 0 degree mostly but also 1 degree outboard, c blocks 4 and 6 degree, steering blocks, hinge pins. Belts too. Body posts? Ball cups. And the NEW shock membranes for the '011 ! They work on all the xray TC shocks. Don't invest in a-arms, it is very rare they break and aren't used to tune often.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ditto , what Peter said in regards to what xray parts to stock!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Regarding the letter to the city council I asked club members to forward last week. Our impact as a club has been felt. Thank you for the time you took.

Here is a link to Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn's own web blog.

http://mayormcginn.seattle.gov/save-...g-mohai-money/

yeeeeeaaa.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default xray parts...

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

who bee heading up to nwic? may need some help selling sweeps for mr. tom, can only stay till about 11 tomorrow, then back to work. volunteer highly appreciated.

thanks Brian Burk
Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Man not a lot breaks, things do eventually wear out though. Here is what I would stock.

spurs
blades
diff rings
thrust bearings
bearings
belts
spool outdrives
small axle and drive shaft pins, and small set screws
shock bladders (they get soaked with oil and balloon up)
bumpers
body posts

I would think that you should be able to keep anyone with an xray running on that stock alone, the suspension parts really do not break. Carrying the arms is at your discretion since they offer two now as a tuning option, though for rubber tires you are really only going to use the one-hole arms.
Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Cool, but it's been 2 1/2 years since I broke an xray part :-). Joking. Just Off the top of my head...the usual stuff, rear uprights 0 degree mostly but also 1 degree outboard, c blocks 4 and 6 degree, steering blocks, hinge pins. Belts too. Body posts? Ball cups. And the NEW shock membranes for the '011 ! They work on all the xray TC shocks. Don't invest in a-arms, it is very rare they break and aren't used to tune often.
Ditto as well. Looking at getting a T3 2011 in a month, so stock plenty of T3 parts.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Given the 008s and 009s will continue to get older and be VTA candidates I would recommend the smaller spur gears. (92s and 96s) I have one on back order right now, they don't have them on hand in Tacoma. I am not totally sure which one is going to work for me yet given tolerances and fitting the allen wrench through the holes in the spur.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

what about tamiya parts????

Erik
Old 11-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nothing for me sucka still waiting for my TC6.....Maybe you guys can stock the turtles, bananas, or the oil spots like in mario cart, I'll buy it.......
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer

Erik
+1
Old 11-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GreenSC10
Nothing for me sucka still waiting for my TC6.....Maybe you guys can stock the turtles, bananas, or the oil spots like in mario cart, I'll buy it.......
I already have your parts in stock!

I will see if anyone has red turtle shells in stock...those would be dialed!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcHammer

Erik
We can get Tamiya stuff from G.P., but they dont have much...and I dont think Tamiya USA is a possibility either...
Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Smile

I already have your parts in stock!

I will see if anyone has red turtle shells in stock...those would be dialed!
Or a mushroom to make me go faster in stock.....is that legal?.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.