Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-30-2010, 07:51 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Why is this even being debated? I thought that as a ROAR track that IFMAR quals and heads up mains were mandatory?? I could be wrong though, I have been out of the loop for awhile.
Hey peter
What tires are you running for your 12th scale?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Well head start is a pain in the A$$..hopefully you don't get start in the back, No body want to get lap or get behind after being pass by one car... wouldn't surprise me somebody is going get taking out...
yea, its best to save all the taking out for the start of the main

doesn't really matter ifmar or heads up, someones always going to be last, but will it be last by yourself, or last locked in a good battle
Old 10-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

but like I said at the begining, just some meaningless random thoughts
Old 10-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
Why is this even being debated? I thought that as a ROAR track that IFMAR quals and heads up mains were mandatory?? I could be wrong though, I have been out of the loop for awhile.
but that would mean, following roar rules across the board and well, not even going to go there...
Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Kinda ROAR rules!!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:38 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by skypilot
yea, its best to save all the taking out for the start of the main

doesn't really matter ifmar or heads up, someones always going to be last, but will it be last by yourself, or last locked in a good battle
Hey Ritchie
I was referring to qualifier time ...you have to drive your a$$ off and you already 10sec behind the leader on the tone.... when you have to find the spot to pass with out taking the each other out...there's noway you going to catch the leader .....or better Qual. position..
In the main everybody know you can't win on the first corner...

This is Just my opinion...I'm flexible with the H30 program

Last edited by OVA; 10-30-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

That's the problem with heads-up qualifiers...while they DO give more practice for the heads-up mains the fact is that whoever gets slotted toward the back of their first qualifier (whether randomly drawn or seeded) is at a disadvantage the rest of the race day. Especially if there is more than one heat and a re-sort.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey Ritchie
I was referring to qualifier time ...you have to drive your a$$ off and you already 10sec behind the leader on the tone.... when you have to find the spot to pass with out taking the each other out...there's noway you going to catch the leader .....or better Qual. position..

Except for You, you have brain farts
Old 10-30-2010, 08:57 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by busman
Except for You, you have brain farts

btw... just passed you .you may have the brain fart on the tone...lol
Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Btw busman
Bring your 12th tommorrow @ H30 , let see who's the brian fart in the house...
if you dont show up .....your chicken fart
Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey Ritchie

This is Just my opinion...I'm flexible with the H30 program
Originally Posted by Scottrik
That's the problem with heads-up qualifiers...while they DO give more practice for the heads-up mains the fact is that whoever gets slotted toward the back of their first qualifier (whether randomly drawn or seeded) is at a disadvantage the rest of the race day. Especially if there is more than one heat and a re-sort.

personally I enjoy starting in the back and catching and passing someone, kinda the reason I do this. i believe its called racing.

I don't know if its still done, but for years when I raced at TRCR it was heads up. draw a number from the hat. thats your pole for the first heat. second heat reverse the order, third heat (when there is a third heat) qual order. way to much importance is placed on qual position. It may help when two cars are very close, but really lets be honest, could wes win the main from the back row, more then likey, can peter or travis win from the back row, more then likey, would they enjoy picking off the poor soles one at a time, I don't know, I would, but hey thats probably just me. and its not about more practice for the main, its about actually having three RACES vs driving around by your self. don't know if anyone noticed, but I stopped a couple of times during my WGT race to wait for donny and brian, just so I wouldn't be bored driving in circles by myself. but then again, like I said, thats probably just me.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've always liked IFMAR qualifying and grid mains. To me, it gives an arc to the race night. A completeness to the evening's narrative. The intensity of the solo time trial builds to a grid start main. Lap count is everything in the qualifying rounds, but then it's racer vs. racer in the main. Different disciplines, different mindsets. I like a qualifying battle, too. The other guy doesn't have to be close on the track, but knowing where he is on his run, and if you're close on time, it can build tremendous excitement. At least, that's the word I give it when my eyes are stinging, I'm crushing the grip of my radio, and I have to remind myself to blink and breathe.

Anyway, it's one of those subjects. Race on
Old 10-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

you got a prutty mouth.......
Old 10-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

* 9 more long painstaking hours!!!! Tick-tock, tick-tock *
Old 10-30-2010, 10:02 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by skypilot
personally I enjoy starting in the back and catching and passing someone, kinda the reason I do this. i believe its called racing.

I don't know if its still done, but for years when I raced at TRCR it was heads up. draw a number from the hat. thats your pole for the first heat. second heat reverse the order, third heat (when there is a third heat) qual order. way to much importance is placed on qual position. It may help when two cars are very close, but really lets be honest, could wes win the main from the back row, more then likey, can peter or travis win from the back row, more then likey, would they enjoy picking off the poor soles one at a time, I don't know, I would, but hey thats probably just me. and its not about more practice for the main, its about actually having three RACES vs driving around by your self. don't know if anyone noticed, but I stopped a couple of times during my WGT race to wait for donny and brian, just so I wouldn't be bored driving in circles by myself. but then again, like I said, thats probably just me.
I'm with you on this for club racing ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.