Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree374Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-22-2010, 05:49 PM
  #4591  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
RcHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oldrcr
being Russian, I am kinda stuck drinking Vodka. you understand, its genetic.

but hot chocolate is always good.

a
I just can't do vodka and hot chocolate... irish cream maybe??



Originally Posted by jubilee
Points of fact:

-- The pan car classes at H30 have done nothing but grow this season, despite doing away with dynamic timing.

-- I held my own at the TZGP (granted, in the C-main) running no timing...in fact, using the same gearing and motor that I run at H30. The two guys I've debated "no timing" with the most (you and Pops) finished behind me.

-- The possibility for mod 1/12 at H30 is real as the class grows.


At any rate, preference is preference, there's no accounting for that. But I think we've shown so far (at the local level) that 'no timing' hasn't hurt the pan car classes one lick. Considering the limited amount of testing/tuning we get at H30, I think removing one level of complication is a good thing. Just my 2 pesos.
i dont think my car would survive a race in 1/12 mod... however if mod 1/12 ever becomes a reality at h30 im in!!
now i just have to get the motor....
RcHammer is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 05:52 PM
  #4592  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
RcHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

anyone intrested in buying a new set of jaco blues !$10 or a mazda speed 6 body $15?
RcHammer is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 06:42 PM
  #4593  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jubilee
Just my 2 pesos.
So, how much Cerveaza will that buy in Canada, Eh?

Originally Posted by Rdog
Well then why do you keep "beating the horse". It seems to me that thsese 2 classes and the sedan class as well keep growing. I'm not 100 percent sure but the turnout over last year already looks a lot better. Granted its still early in the season.
This from the guy who "Blasted" my Car broadside 1/3rd through the 1st Lap of C#2, (while I had to slowup in traffic 4 the Leader), Nice!

Originally Posted by JayBee
I don't care what nobody says...as soon as we find out what the classes are for Natl's (especially the 1/12th classes...can't you tell I'm partial), I say we start running them here at the Hangar ASAP. I would LOVE to see the majority of us 'show up' at Nationals next year

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!
I'm with ya here Bro! And BTW, would seem likely that the WGT ROAR Class spec of 13.5 w/dynamic timing, 6 minutes for the Carpet Nats is what will be run, too bad TZII is the closest venue 4 any Track time!
el salvador is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 06:45 PM
  #4594  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,084
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee
I do agree with the highlighted above but in general respectfully disagree buddy. All of its applicable. Most of us (especially of us @ the Hangar) has been to TZ, so we know what to expect (tighten those cars up!). I feel anytime I can get a feel for the motor used, gearing, boost, timing, profiles, etc., I'm alot more comfortable in a somewhat similar environment. Do I dare predict that all of us that went to the TZII GP this year will attend the 2011 Roar Natl's @ TZ as well. We all learned quite a bit and pretty much know what to do with our cars when we get there. IMHO, I don't feel the 2 tracks are 'drastically' different.
But then again, maybe this is a discussion best suited for Timezone.
End discussion....
Hey JB,

Apparently Mark at Timezone will, over the coming months, be fazing in ROAR rules in all classes so the locals can prep for the ROAR Nats. Your best bet is to drive down there to practice/race on the weekend ( and Thursday nights ) whenever you can.

Jake
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 07:03 PM
  #4595  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee
I do agree with the highlighted above but in general respectfully disagree buddy. All of its applicable. Most of us (especially of us @ the Hangar) has been to TZ, so we know what to expect (tighten those cars up!). I feel anytime I can get a feel for the motor used, gearing, boost, timing, profiles, etc., I'm alot more comfortable in a somewhat similar environment. Do I dare predict that all of us that went to the TZII GP this year will attend the 2011 Roar Natl's @ TZ as well. We all learned quite a bit and pretty much know what to do with our cars when we get there. IMHO, I don't feel the 2 tracks are 'drastically' different.
But then again, maybe this is a discussion best suited for Timezone.
End discussion....
If you already have a TZ setup then you are 90% of the way there. The grip level stays pretty close from race to race depending on layout. Unfortuneately the Hanger setup is not applicable to TZ. But just for fun I'll run my TZ setup for the first qual at the hanger. No changes.(except for the speedo)
mkdut is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 08:31 PM
  #4596  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,698
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

the guy in the pink shirt is a childhood friend but the guy behind him, who is that?
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-norm-brian.jpg  
skypilot is offline  
Old 10-23-2010, 12:22 AM
  #4597  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot
you of course do realize that your taking credit for beating someone in c main that didn't race.
and you can't prove a positive, no telling how the class would have been affected if the timing was kept.
.....
I realize we're talking about the C main here. No bravado on my part. I'm just saying two of the most vocal (in my experience) proponents of "boosted" WGT got beat by a non boosted WGT driven by a marginally skilled driver....in quals and mains. That's all. It's certainly not bragging and not meant as insult.

Umm...a positive is it's own proof. Maybe you mean "you can't prove a negative", as in evidence of absence? If so, you're correct in this case but that was never a part of my argument. My point has been all the cries of "killing the pancar classes" are obviously moot with regards to H30. Last season we ran boosted, this season we do not. The classes are growing more than last season. It's not rote science but it's enough for me that whatever the program is doing presently seems to be working.

The following is just my opinion, and doesn't reflect in any way the sentiments of any governing bodies at H30:
Changing the local program so some guys can "train" for any big race is sacrificing the good of what we have for a few. The majority of racers at H30 will likely not travel long distances for RC events, but they foot the majority of the bill at H30 with support dollars and attendance. We NEED our big-time racers to stay happy too. They are what we strive to be like in the hobby. It's a delicate balance. We can't change everything for just a few people, which will likely always leave at least a few folks unhappy. The program has got to remain true to self sustenance and grassroots growth of RC racing. I think patience and continued support of what we do have will lead to bigger and better for the club/race program.

Last edited by jubilee; 10-23-2010 at 12:42 AM.
jubilee is offline  
Old 10-23-2010, 08:40 AM
  #4598  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

^Agreed.

We don't really need to conform to the National format to "get ready" for nats. You know the class your going to run, you've been to Timezone so you know the track difference which is not the same chassis setup, and timing is the only issue. All of these variables need to be worked out at the host track and can't really be worked out at ours. Much like gearing and chassis setup the timing ramp is dictated by the layout of the track. Adjusting your car for nats on the H30 layout will give you a false sense of readiness and be a general waste of effort.

Unless your proposing we put in a sub floor, and switch to Jack, just for Nationals, Lynn...
Wes Briscoe is offline  
Old 10-23-2010, 12:14 PM
  #4599  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (26)
 
encore75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SnoHoCo, WA
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RcHammer
anyone intrested in buying a new set of jaco blues !$10 or a mazda speed 6 body $15?
ygpm.
encore75 is offline  
Old 10-23-2010, 03:31 PM
  #4600  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I "accidentally" ordered two P37R lightweight bodies for myself (I am a RC hoarder) and am realizing I do not need to have two of them to club race (I'm confronting my addiction) if anyone would like one I can bring it with me to the next H30 club race. $20.
Wes Briscoe is offline  
Old 10-23-2010, 04:12 PM
  #4601  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I'll take it Wes (I'm kind of a hoarder myself)
JayBee is offline  
Old 10-23-2010, 05:42 PM
  #4602  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee
I'll take it Wes (I'm kind of a hoarder myself)
Do you even have a touring car? That's a whole new level of turrible. I'll bring it with me!
Wes Briscoe is offline  
Old 10-23-2010, 06:10 PM
  #4603  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (84)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,104
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayBee
I'll take it Wes (I'm kind of a hoarder myself)
did you end up getting a jrxs type r?? killer price for them at the moment
jeff jenkins is offline  
Old 10-23-2010, 06:22 PM
  #4604  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,698
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jubilee
I realize we're talking about the C main here. No bravado on my part. I'm just saying two of the most vocal (in my experience) proponents of "boosted" WGT got beat by a non boosted WGT driven by a marginally skilled driver....in quals and mains. That's all. It's certainly not bragging and not meant as insult.

Umm...a positive is it's own proof. Maybe you mean "you can't prove a negative", as in evidence of absence? If so, you're correct in this case but that was never a part of my argument. My point has been all the cries of "killing the pancar classes" are obviously moot with regards to H30. Last season we ran boosted, this season we do not. The classes are growing more than last season. It's not rote science but it's enough for me that whatever the program is doing presently seems to be working.

The following is just my opinion, and doesn't reflect in any way the sentiments of any governing bodies at H30:
Changing the local program so some guys can "train" for any big race is sacrificing the good of what we have for a few. The majority of racers at H30 will likely not travel long distances for RC events, but they foot the majority of the bill at H30 with support dollars and attendance. We NEED our big-time racers to stay happy too. They are what we strive to be like in the hobby. It's a delicate balance. We can't change everything for just a few people, which will likely always leave at least a few folks unhappy. The program has got to remain true to self sustenance and grassroots growth of RC racing. I think patience and continued support of what we do have will lead to bigger and better for the club/race program.
yea thats what I meant. a negitive. I agree turn out is up. last year Joe didn't have a track, this year he did, maybe thats the reason for the up in turnout, ( potty mouth, you think I can't hear your thoughts)

I do agree that changing the program for a few can have ill effects on a track, your honor may i bring your attention to the track formerly known as SIR. put in carpet so a few could train for cleveland and snowbirds was a bad idea, I hated it, so did many others that stop coming, however I know, many, including some reading this, loved it.

while setups, tire choices, traction compound and rest of it will be different at the hanger then it is at nats, the one thing that would be constant and will be and is the big factor is the increase in power and speed and the reactions of the car and driver, so it would help one get ready for nats. however I agree, do not change the program for benefit of a few to the debtrament of the many.

anyone else notice i can't spell worth a crap.
skypilot is offline  
Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM
  #4605  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (72)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 783
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Iíll be running a TC5 in Stock Touring. The car weighs 1433 g, with weight distribution almost exactly 50:50 front/rear. Can anybody recommend which front and rear springs to use? Wondering because I got a big pile of springs with the car, which I bought used, but donít know which springs would be the best for H30.

If anybody could make a recommendation, I would be grateful.

Bill Swadener

PS. For the spring equation, figure no sway bars, as my TC5 chassis has none. I know sway bars would be beneficial but I donít think Iím going to plow the money into them because my evil plan involves running the TC5 only for a short period in Stock Touring. After Iím able to get new model chassis going (it'll have sway bars already), Iíll run that in Stock Touring and switch the TC5 it to Scale Spec (hoping my kids will take an interest). If anybody has an old used set of TC5 front / rear sway bars and associated hardware, Iíd be willing to pay a fair price but at full retail, I think Iíll just go without sway bars for now.
waswadener is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.