Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks for the information, I'm going to try and make it to the hanger this winter.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default i feel needy

hey sean dont suppose you will have 2 sets of jaco 1/12 yellow rear tires, 2 sets of jaco 1/12 grey fronts, 1 set of gold side springs for a 12r5, one of those nifty new parma bodys, 1 can of lame flake, 1 can of florecent yellow, 1 can of florecent red, 1 can of white, and one can of metalic blue rattle can paint. with my name on it in the tub?

Erik
Old 10-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcHammer
hey sean dont suppose you will have 2 sets of jaco 1/12 yellow rear tires, 2 sets of jaco 1/12 grey fronts, 1 set of gold side springs for a 12r5, one of those nifty new parma bodys, 1 can of lame flake, 1 can of florecent yellow, 1 can of florecent red, 1 can of white, and one can of metalic blue rattle can paint. with my name on it in the tub?

Erik
I will do my best! 12th bodies are sold out but should be back in stock on Wednedsay, so we will see...everyone cleaned us out of tires and stuff on the way to timezone...I will have the paint for you and whatever else I can get in on time...
Old 10-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240zron
Hi,
I'm getting ready to build a VTA car. I just picked up a used Cyclone S converted to a TC, and was wondering if Seattle hanger 30 and fantasy world both run the same rules as far as ESC and motors that can be run. The research
I have been reading looks like different tracks have different rules, So before I go out and buy the wrong motor and ESC I thought I'd ask first.
I have been running offroad for the last year and would like to try onroad again, But would like to get into it with the right equipment the first time. Thanks in advance for the help.
The 'right equipment the first time' is a little difficult to answer because that means different things to different people. If you are just starting out I would probably recommend an inexpensive brushed ESC $40? and a silver can $20. That would work at both Fantasy World and the Hanger and is an inexpensive way to get started. Buying brushed at this point is a dead end road, but until you are committed to the hobby it is an inexpentive way to start.

The world is going brushless. The Novak 25.5 is being run currently at Hanger 30. Packages can be found here and start at $130. http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...vta/index.html Given I am now planning on running VTA I wish I would have gone this route. Keep in mind this isn't allowed at Fantasy World at this time.

I went with the speedpassion esc/17.5 motor combo
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...12280175&c=CMB thinking I would run 17.5. Package was only $80. However, I changed my mind and decided I would stick with VTA again this year and ended up ordering a Novak motor (another $75). I am now having a problem getting the Novak motor and SP ESC working together. It shouldn't be an issue, but now I am having difficulty getting warranty work done with 2 different manufacturers. Doing all this through mail order and email is a giant PITA.

I will let some of the more experienced guys comment on higher end ESCs that will set you up better if you want to run modified at some point. Given the way technology keeps on changing I don't think I would go that route.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ron,
Thanks for all the information and links. I have i think 4 LRP esc's, need to check which ones are legal and then would like to pick up a novak 25.5 brushless motor. Don't much care for the brushed motors after running brushless. Going to try and get to the hanger in the next couple weeks if I can get everything together, And work doesn't get in the way.
Hope to see you all there soon.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Erik
What color did you mean by "lame flake"?
Old 10-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rknott
The 'right equipment the first time' is a little difficult to answer because that means different things to different people. If you are just starting out I would probably recommend an inexpensive brushed ESC $40? and a silver can $20. That would work at both Fantasy World and the Hanger and is an inexpensive way to get started. Buying
brushed at this point is a dead end road, but until you are committed to the hobby it is an inexpentive way to start.

The world is going brushless. The Novak 25.5 is being run currently at Hanger 30. Packages can be found here and start at $130. http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...vta/index.html Given I am now planning on running VTA I wish I would have gone this route. Keep in mind this isn't allowed at Fantasy World at this time.

I went with the speedpassion esc/17.5 motor combo
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...12280175&c=CMB thinking I would run 17.5. Package was only $80. However, I changed my mind and decided I would stick with VTA again this year and ended up ordering a Novak motor (another $75). I am now having a problem getting the Novak motor and SP ESC working together. It shouldn't be an issue, but now I am having difficulty getting warranty work done with 2 different manufacturers. Doing all this through mail order and email is a giant PITA.

I will let some of the more experienced guys comment on higher end ESCs that will set you up better if you want to run modified at some point. Given the way technology keeps on changing I don't think I would go that route.
I was just thinking, I wonder if its a timing issue. The sp motor is set at zero. Novaks zero is 30. If it is adjustable try lowering it. If that doesn't work. I can take it all home and see what I can figure out
Old 10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maybell
What color did you mean by "lame flake"?
thats just what it says on the lid.... however its a clear and ads a flake or sparkle to your base colors
Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

thats just what it says on the lid.... however its a clear and ads a flake or sparkle to your base colors
Ive just been informed that Lame' Flake is a Tamiya paint. We dont carry Tamiya. Do you still want those other colors in Pactra? Sorry...
Old 10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You guys are lame flakes.

The traveling H30 circus is back and ready to rock on Wed night, barring any book fair assaults.

FYI y'all: I am thinking about upgrading to the new CRC WGT chasssis.
If anyone is interested in getting into the class my current (5-7 races old) CRC WGT car will go on the block. Haven't decided 100% yet, so don't get mad if I change my mind!

Regardless, WGT is the shizznit. At H30 it's spec speedo settings, spec tire, relatively easy setup, and decent traction. About $250 for a new top of the line chassis. Plenty of speed with a 10.5 and proper gearing. YOU should be racing WGT! Yeah you!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You do know they have a conversion kit for them right? It's pretty cheap unless you just want a totally fresh car

-Korey
Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up CRC 1713

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
You do know they have a conversion kit for them right? It's pretty cheap unless you just want a totally fresh car

-Korey
I pressured "Dumper" into sending 4 conversion kits to TZII. I bought 1 ($80.00), ther'es 3 more hanging on the hobby shop wall! I'm surprised nobody else "Made the Conversion"

BTW, I assembled mine Thursday night after the club race, put 1 pack through it B4 Mark shut the track down 4 the evening! Makes changing packs easy, dropped about 15 grams off the total weight too.

Last edited by el salvador; 10-11-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: '
Old 10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys, i am back from the dead.... kinda....

i just wanted to ask what is the biggest class you guys usually run. i might wanna venture back into RC if i can secure the cash flow.

also what is the largest night in terms of turn out?

power and pit spaces supplied or do i need to bring things?

thanks,
Frank Mirabelli
Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by el salvador
I pressured "Dumper" into sending 4 conversion kits to TZII. I bought 1 ($80.00), the'res 3 more hanging on the hobby shop wall! I'm surprised nobody else "Made the Conversion"

BTW, I assembled mine Thursday night after the club race, put 1 pack through it B4 Mark shut the track down 4 the evening! Makes changing packs easy, dropped about 15 grams off the total weight too.
I didn't know they had them!! Scotty kept saying Friday release, so I assumed it wasn't available yet.

Korey, I'd probably be willing to sacrifice my current chassis to a new WGT racer and I'd just pick up a fresh kit. It's all for the growth of the club...right?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fjm9898
Hey guys, i am back from the dead.... kinda....

i just wanted to ask what is the biggest class you guys usually run. i might wanna venture back into RC if i can secure the cash flow.

also what is the largest night in terms of turn out?

power and pit spaces supplied or do i need to bring things?

thanks,
Frank Mirabelli
Hey Frank. Biggest class is 17.5 tc...I think. 1/12 is making a hard charge to become the most popular right now. WGT is fairly strong too.

Power and pit spaces supplied, bring an extension cord and power strip to be totally covered.

We run only Wednesday nights and the odd Sat or Sun. Check the schedule at www.seattlercracers.com

Cmon out and race!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.