Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
  #4351  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman
Teflon Tape or Plumbers tape as some places call it works great, that's what I use when I do it, but leave some slop.

Steve
There's a dirty joke in here somewhere.
jubilee is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:49 AM
  #4352  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

H30 guys heading to TZGP...

I've got 2 tc packs that need some exercise. Both are nearly new. One is a Protek 40c and the other is a TP 40c. If you need to borrow a lipo or two let me know...or if you wouldn't mind running them in practice a couple times let me know.
jubilee is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:57 PM
  #4353  
piper48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default GP

Good luck to all headed down to TZ this weekend. Kick ass and make off with all the hardware.
 
Old 10-06-2010, 08:05 PM
  #4354  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,189
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Bill; looked up Laurelwood Pub House, mapquest'ed it and everything. Not to far from the BW.
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
  #4355  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tub News!

We now have Parma EE1 1/12 bodies in stock, regular and light weight versions...

Also, the prices of our racing tires have been lowered!

Lastly, Duo 3 motors will be in soon...we will have them in 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5...

*I noticed they are doing a Duo 3 in a 25.5 turn...Would this be legal for Scale Spec?
Maybell is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
  #4356  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 82
Default

Were those the bodies that were out last night when I was at the shop? I don't remember seeing any regular weight (aka more durable ) bodies out. Maybe I'll have to make a return trip tonight.
CharlesWA is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 12:47 PM
  #4357  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Bill; looked up Laurelwood Pub House, mapquest'ed it and everything. Not to far from the BW.
I'm in!
jubilee is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 12:54 PM
  #4358  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
oldrcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 818
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Hey Sean, I'd like to try one of those EE1's, lightweight. Bring at least one on wednesday for me. Thanks.

I am sure the competition committee will look at the Duo3 25.5 motor. I would venture to guess that it will run as an equivalent to the Novak offering.

-Alex

Originally Posted by Maybell
We now have Parma EE1 1/12 bodies in stock, regular and light weight versions...

Also, the prices of our racing tires have been lowered!

Lastly, Duo 3 motors will be in soon...we will have them in 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5...

*I noticed they are doing a Duo 3 in a 25.5 turn...Would this be legal for Scale Spec?
oldrcr is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM
  #4359  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CharlesWA
Were those the bodies that were out last night when I was at the shop? I don't remember seeing any regular weight (aka more durable ) bodies out. Maybe I'll have to make a return trip tonight.
I think they were here, but I wasnt so who really knows...

see you tonight I guess...
Maybell is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 01:44 PM
  #4360  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hey Sean, I'd like to try one of those EE1's, lightweight. Bring at least one on wednesday for me. Thanks.

I am sure the competition committee will look at the Duo3 25.5 motor. I would venture to guess that it will run as an equivalent to the Novak offering.

-Alex
Will do!
Maybell is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 01:30 AM
  #4361  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,636
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
Will do!
I think we wanted to keep it to the novak 25.5 from the talk we had. We will let you know ASAP...
Kody is offline  
Old 10-08-2010, 09:48 PM
  #4362  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Renton, Wa
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
I think we wanted to keep it to the novak 25.5 from the talk we had. We will let you know ASAP...
Not sure if we want to open the can of worms, but it would be nice to have a local option for 25.5 motors. I never could get mine to work and am now in the process of sending my motor back to Novak, them test it out, tell me it is bad, send me back a new one . . . . In NN weeks I should have a motor again. In the mean time I am forced to run one of my old silver cans with a different speedo.
rknott is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:41 PM
  #4363  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (30)
 
240zron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gig harbor,Wa.
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Hi,
I'm getting ready to build a VTA car. I just picked up a used Cyclone S converted to a TC, and was wondering if Seattle hanger 30 and fantasy world both run the same rules as far as ESC and motors that can be run. The research
I have been reading looks like different tracks have different rules, So before I go out and buy the wrong motor and ESC I thought I'd ask first.
I have been running offroad for the last year and would like to try onroad again, But would like to get into it with the right equipment the first time. Thanks in advance for the help.
240zron is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 09:46 PM
  #4364  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,685
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

As of right now FW rules are for TA are silvercan. I will be asking for next year that FW moves to the 25.5 motor. No promises that it will happen.
skypilot is offline  
Old 10-10-2010, 08:40 AM
  #4365  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 240zron
Hi,
I'm getting ready to build a VTA car. I just picked up a used Cyclone S converted to a TC, and was wondering if Seattle hanger 30 and fantasy world both run the same rules as far as ESC and motors that can be run. The research
I have been reading looks like different tracks have different rules, So before I go out and buy the wrong motor and ESC I thought I'd ask first.
I have been running offroad for the last year and would like to try onroad again, But would like to get into it with the right equipment the first time. Thanks in advance for the help.
FW is only running, weather permiting, until the end of this month.
Logi Maker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.