Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 10-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Thanks guys, maybe Steve could hook me up at TZ or are you going Jeff ? It's more or less experimentation using a photon gear diff on the X-ray , so it isn't anything imperative.

The "ball" end of the dogs are too big for the photon blades to rotate freely.
I will be at the TZ GP2 so let me know if this issue is solved by then Jake. If it becomes something you want to tackle soon then just let me know and we can meet someplace.

Steve
Old 10-01-2010, 05:33 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I'm trying to find 4mm blades for the end of the CVD ( that fit in the out drive ). I know TOP uses 4mm blades ( but for other reasons they won't work ) , so.... does anyone know of any other chassis that use a 4mm blade ?? Hot Bodies , Associated, Robitronic, Yokimo, etc... etc... ?
Hey jake
Xray is only one the use large dogbone end
The xray won't fit inside the Photon gear diff....
The best way to do is to use the Tamiya ,Hot bodies, Photon yokomo universal drive shaft instead of xray shaft....
PS make sure the length is the same 52mm or 50mm universal shaft
I think I might have what your looking for...will check tonite
Old 10-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
I ish I could go to tz2 but Its just not in the cards at the moment . But I will be at fasttrax NW tomorrow if you wanna stop by and grab em.?
Jeff, ah buggers, sorry you won't be making it to the TZ2GP. I won't be at Fasstraxx either but I'm sure you'll have a good time trash talking with Curry.

At least your better half is going to make it to TZ. aka Mr. CorallyMan. Steve its nothing urgent in the least, I'll try them at the Friday practice if you still have spares.

Franko, Yeah, I milled out the center of the outdrives to accommodate the larger xray bones. Let me know , via PM ,what you find on the alternate bones you have. I'm not sure what length is appropriate with the photon diff, tomorrow I'll try to figure that out. Its only a pet project, so no urgency at all.

Cheers,

Jake
Old 10-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is driving me bonkers. I am looking for bearings and a sensor board for a trinity duo2. Other than epic online I can't find them anywhere. Mr Perry if your on RcTech which site did you say you got them from? Going nuts here. I need to order fast for TZII GP this coming weekend.

Grant
Old 10-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
This is driving me bonkers. I am looking for bearings and a sensor board for a trinity duo2. Other than epic online I can't find them anywhere. Mr Perry if your on RcTech which site did you say you got them from? Going nuts here. I need to order fast for TZII GP this coming weekend.

Grant
Grant,

If you can't find any then I may be able to help you out, I have some bearings and most likely 3 working timing sensor boards. You can borrow them and then just return them or if you'd like just buy them off me if you would like to. Your choice. I should be getting there early on Friday with JB. Look us up at the track. But please respond to me so I know for certain to bring them. I am running mod so I would only bring this stuff if you need me to.

Steve
Old 10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see a fair amount of slop in the steering linkage on my newly built RC12R5. I can see the ball cup wiggling on the ball stud. Is there an upgraded ball stud that'd tighten that up? Alternately, I can put an o-ring or one of those foam ball stud dust covers on there. What's the best way to take out the slop?

Also, does anyone have an old beater body for the RC12R5 that I could borrow or buy for a few bucks? I'm running out of time and don't think I'll have a body ready for Wednesday. I'll be there either way since I've got a bunch of tires to cut.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CharlesWA
I see a fair amount of slop in the steering linkage on my newly built RC12R5. I can see the ball cup wiggling on the ball stud. Is there an upgraded ball stud that'd tighten that up? Alternately, I can put an o-ring or one of those foam ball stud dust covers on there. What's the best way to take out the slop?

Also, does anyone have an old beater body for the RC12R5 that I could borrow or buy for a few bucks? I'm running out of time and don't think I'll have a body ready for Wednesday. I'll be there either way since I've got a bunch of tires to cut.
A little slop is fine. As long as you are using the kit ballstuds and ball cups I would not worry about it.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

take a zip lock bag, place it over the ball, snap the cup in place, ba da bing.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

+1

That's how I always do it

-Korey
Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys. I want to make sure there's no slop in the front end due to bad parts out of the box so I'll give the zip lock bag trick a try.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CharlesWA
Thanks guys. I want to make sure there's no slop in the front end due to bad parts out of the box so I'll give the zip lock bag trick a try.
Make sure you don't take away all the slop, you need some in there. The front end will self align its self as it tracks, if you go crazy and take it all out the the performance will actually be worse.

Steve
Old 10-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion stock club ESC not compatable with Novak 25.5?

Has anyone tried using the Speed Passion club spec ESC http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...?p=12280&c=ESC with the Novak 25.5

I can't get them to work together. I can't reset the ESC. It just keeps on beeping as if I am not pressing the reset button. Tried hooking it up without the sensor wire just to see what would happen. It let me set up the ESC, but it didn't run correctly (no brake, top end).

Hooked up the SP 17.5 motor I got with the package and it works fine.

Possible solutions?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rknott
Has anyone tried using the Speed Passion club spec ESC http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...?p=12280&c=ESC with the Novak 25.5

I can't get them to work together. I can't reset the ESC. It just keeps on beeping as if I am not pressing the reset button. Tried hooking it up without the sensor wire just to see what would happen. It let me set up the ESC, but it didn't run correctly (no brake, top end).

Hooked up the SP 17.5 motor I got with the package and it works fine.

Possible solutions?
I had the same issue not being able to reset the ESC with the SP 17.5 ( that it came with ). I think I just kept trying and after about 30 tries ( slight exaggeration ) it worked.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
+1

That's how I always do it

-Korey
I was thinking about that today, and wondering if teflon tape would work.

-Mike
Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I always had it fall out too easy... but I know others that do that as well.

-Korey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.