Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

JB is a great cheerleader. Hopefully our clinic will get folks on the right track. What I thought was strange was that Todd, who was so solid all last season, got the taste of "struggle". I think everyone pulled off in R1 except for Zander and Tracy. No one wants to go to the track on what maybe their only day off and struggle. That's just plain pointless to attend at that point. We'll get this turned around quickly. We have a few weeks to get the right tires on the cars so we can focus timing motors!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Before I forget, I need to thank the MANY MANY people that hooked me up and got my 1/12 going:

Mr. Predmore, thanks for the bearings...
Mr. Crosier, thanks for the roll-over antenna...
Mr. Maybell, thanks for the hookup with the servo saver...
Mr. Mason, thanks for letting me borrow your Smart Boost...
Mr. Dutemple, thanks for the schooling on the 1/12....good stuff
Mr. Bodine, thanks for the brand spankin new body! AND thanks for re-wiring my car with the appropriate 16 gauge wires! (shhhhhh...I don't want to hear a peep about my "high-voltage" wiring job )

Also, thanks to Korey Harbkey for updating my chargers. And lastly, thanks to Mrs. Harbkey for those delicious goodies!!

If ANYBODY is intersted in getting into 1/12 or WGT, the Hangar is the place to be!! ....let me take that back...the Hangar is the place to be PERIOD!!

Thanks fellas!!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Welcome to the fold Marc!!!! Nice to have another 1/12th on the track. It's always been my favorite class to run. See everybody Wednesday
Old 09-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Was gonna come down to the clinic but looks like I'll be meeting up with a buyer for one of the many sets of wheels making my garage look small... fortunately that means spending cash
Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Are you guys spraying Paragon Traction Action on the track or just black can Paragon? Maybe spray a tad less? Whatcha think. It was weird watching the traction rolling.

Steve
The grip was at an appropriate level for rubber tire, IMO. I think there is still a way to go before we're at the "holy grip!" level. It would be prudent to keep an eye on it of course, but seeing some traction rolling is a very promising sign.

1/12 looks like it is going to get better and better. Going to work on mine right now...
Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
The grip was at an appropriate level for rubber tire, IMO. I think there is still a way to go before we're at the "holy grip!" level. It would be prudent to keep an eye on it of course, but seeing some traction rolling is a very promising sign.

1/12 looks like it is going to get better and better. Going to work on mine right now...
I agree...
Old 09-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wiggles
Before I forget, I need to thank the MANY MANY people that hooked me up and got my 1/12 going:

Mr. Predmore, thanks for the bearings...
Mr. Crosier, thanks for the roll-over antenna...
Mr. Maybell, thanks for the hookup with the servo saver...
Mr. Mason, thanks for letting me borrow your Smart Boost...
Mr. Dutemple, thanks for the schooling on the 1/12....good stuff
Mr. Bodine, thanks for the brand spankin new body! AND thanks for re-wiring my car with the appropriate 16 gauge wires! (shhhhhh...I don't want to hear a peep about my "high-voltage" wiring job )

Also, thanks to Korey Harbkey for updating my chargers. And lastly, thanks to Mrs. Harbkey for those delicious goodies!!

If ANYBODY is intersted in getting into 1/12 or WGT, the Hangar is the place to be!! ....let me take that back...the Hangar is the place to be PERIOD!!

Thanks fellas!!
n00b.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I am going to take a crude guess that there were 65 entries. ...
Looks like there were 62, including two that didn't quite make it to the track. What a great day. Thanks to Jake for holding back in the stock main so that Devin and I could race. Jake was on his way to a 34 lap run in stock!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looks like it was a lot of fun. More fun than spending the day at work for sure.

You guys bought up all of the good 1/12th scale parts Sunday! Waiting on the CRC wire and appropriately sized pinion and spur to come in. I still need a Slapmaster thrust bearing assembly too (hint, hint ). I'll bring the car in whatever state it's in tomorrow for a quick checkup and some tires to true if there's time.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

For what it's worth here my recap.

Q1 Same setup as the last wednesday race. gray front, yellow rear. 42 laps
and 5th or so on the grid. Happy to be in the middle.

Q2 Same setup, only i had disturbed my side spring when i used Kinsella's tweak board and unsettled the locktite. During the 2nd round the spring started to come loose and tweak so bad i had to pull off to re-adjust. Dang it!

Q3 Back again, to fairly stable run at 42, but not enough to bump Todd. Out of the A by 3 seconds.

Main Tried to run easy to settle in but was overtaken by JB and Joe. I let them go and slowly ran back up on them thinking i had plenty of time. Got back up to JB, but again tangled. Made a few error on my own too. Joe was just too far out in front and I ran out of time. 44 laps, about a straight away behind Joe. Good job Joe, better find another tire truer to use.

Todd is right about the tires, they make all the difference. I have been using the yellow for many races now, and they work well. I had used magenta's when the carpet was new last year, but noticed how much more fuzz was attached the tire after the run, resulting in push at the end . The yellow didn't seem to pickup much and came off the track fairly clean. So I switched to the gray's, being in the same family of foam. It made a big difference, the fronts came off with little fuzz too. Had more steering.

So perhaps the fuzz is down enough to return to the magenta front...but after watching Brian make camber adjustments all day as he was finding the sweet spot, I may have room to go with the current setup. Up to now I have been leary of making too many adjustments during the day for fear of chasing my tail. I'm beginning to think that camber ajustment should set each and every day to match the tire combo and track conditions.

Teacher, will there be homework in the pan car class?

T
Old 09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

The next club race is....?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Other than a Roar Membership, how much per class is it to race?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
Other than a Roar Membership, how much per class is it to race?
$10
Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
The next club race is....?
www.seattlercracers.com
Old 09-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kody
ty

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.