Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

100mm....really? Alrighty then. Cool, thanks Steve.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
100mm....really? Alrighty then. Cool, thanks Steve.
I am just guessing on the new rollout JB, I have heard of some testing going on elsewhere with no timing esc and 17.5 and they are at 115mm and saying they need bigger gears. What I think may happen is that some cars with more gearing room with have an advantage over others because who knows where we all end up. Stop the madness

Steve
Old 09-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Opening Night 1/12th

For what it's worth, me not being the fastest 1/12th scaler in the world, but I was the first in these parts to put a 1S car on the track in regular club racing.

Waaay back in the day, 20 months ago, I was running my 12R5 with a no-timing ESC at SIR. Novak SS13.5 motor. It was the same setup I took to the Valentine's NWIC at Timezone in 2009 (interestingly, there was one other 1S 1/12th scaler that weekend: Lynn Cluck!)

Anyway, I'm starting this season with the same 12R5. I'm bringing Pink and Magenta rears, and Magenta and Double Pink fronts. 45 and 43 mm cuts. A little big, but I'm an el cheapo club racer. AMR-12 body.

My Tekin with a Novak Smart Boost is set to Sportsman mode, and I'm strapping in my Novak 13.5 Ballistic motor. Endbell timing on the preset middle mark. With a 78t spur, I'm starting with an 88mm rollout. If memory serves, that was my last rollout with my old ESC before I went to the Tekin, which I've always run with timing. Obviously, I'm prepared to gear up, but I don't think we'll be seeing higher than low to mid 90's. I could be a little conservative, but I don't think I'm way off.

At TZ2, my car was pretty quick. It ran well with the 4-cell 13.5's, even weighed down to 796g. I think I took 2nd in the B right behind Paul Leask.

I'm sure I won't be the fastest by the end of the night, but I hope that helps a few people.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default Bummer

Well guys doesn't look like I'm gonna make to first race next week. I'm in the middle of moving out and into my parents (Damn housing market and there stupid loans) I might show up a little late and hang out with you guys and I help out if needed. Gotta start building my 1/12th. Hope Ill see you guys next week.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Most of my 1/12th scale stuff will still be in the mail and the rest is still in boxes from moving (or hasn't been shopped for yet). I'm hoping to make it out Wednesday to check things out and sign up for ROAR (I think I saw that can be done on-site).

Other than tires and gearing should I stick with the box-stock RC12R5 setup or are there any other tuning things I should pick up? Selection of front/rear/side springs? Does Associated or anybody make a full set or am I really stuck buying them a individually?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CharlesWA
Most of my 1/12th scale stuff will still be in the mail and the rest is still in boxes from moving (or hasn't been shopped for yet). I'm hoping to make it out Wednesday to check things out and sign up for ROAR (I think I saw that can be done on-site).

Other than tires and gearing should I stick with the box-stock RC12R5 setup or are there any other tuning things I should pick up? Selection of front/rear/side springs? Does Associated or anybody make a full set or am I really stuck buying them a individually?
The priority center springs to have are gold, red and blue. Having the full set of side springs is also good. As for setup, the OCRC Sean Cochran setup on the AE site should be a good starting point. Be sure to check out Dutemple and Todd Masons cars wile you are at the track. Their cars are dialed.
Center springs:8454 red
8452 blue
8453 gold
Side springs:4645 gold
4643 silver
4642 green
4641 black
Old 09-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default 1000 Words

Here is my 12R5 all track-ready.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-12r5-top.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-12r5-right.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-12r5-left.jpg  
Old 09-04-2010, 03:02 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Here is my 12R5 all track-ready.
look good..todd
Old 09-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
look good..todd
Hey Franko, are you going to be at the Hangar this coming Wednesday? If so, would it be possible to bring your 12r5.1?? Very interested!!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default SATURDAYS????????

Man im looking to getting back into racing 12th scale and tthe only thing hanging me up is running 1 satturday a month and if i should invest to run the car 6 or so times. I heard more saturdays arent being offered to keep the demand up and becuse people might get burned out. I think more people are available to run weekends. Having a race in the middle of the work week is ok but it starts too late. I think the demand for racing here is high enough that we wouldnt get burned out running at least 2 times a month on a saturday. I think that would get some people off the fence about getting in or comming back to the hobby. TODD CAN YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN??????????????????????
Old 09-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Donny,

Here's the deal, the one Saturday a month thing is a result of three things, in descending order of importance:

1. Availability of Hangar 30. It's a busy facility, and getting busier. The rent rates aren't attractive only to us. The more premium facilities in town--the Convention Center, Qwest Exhibition Center, Seattle Center--have lost business to the park over the last couple of years. Yes, it's fairly raw compared to those places, but if it's a question of needing a big ol' covered space to set up tables and sell stuff, it's hard to beat. And the weekends are the best time.

2. The club's energy. We're all volunteers. I don't pay myself a dime, the setup crew doesn't get comp'd, and all the fees go to the club to keep us going. We commit to a long season, and I like to see us running strong and with enthusiasm in March, and April, and even May. To do that, we can't burn out in February. How much is too much? I don't really want to find out.

3. Full schedules around the region. With the NWIC claiming one weekend per month, that only leaves three weekends for club programs. We're already on one of those from September through March. So, even if a weekend is available, I'd like to not conflict with the NWIC dates. It tends to cause hard feelings, and it seems I have a knack for that as it is (some of it, admittedly, my own doing.)

But, there are two things to do. One, please consider that Skagit is getting an onroad program going. Our schedules are sync'd up much better than last year. We're going to try a little series with them this season if we can work it out. One day races only, nothing major. No trophies. No shirts. Just $10 entry fees and bragging rights. Downtown Seattle to downtown Mt. Vernon is only 62 miles. It's an easy cruise on a Saturday morning. I know that doesn't suit everyone, particularly southenders, but I hope it can meet some of the demand, and it's an easy race day for those of us who set up Hangar 30. I'm going to hit it up there when I can. 1/12th scale, of course.

Two, I'll go see if there are some weekend dates available. No one is in the park office this weekend, obviously, so it will have to wait until at least Tuesday. That's just to see if it's possible. (For perspective, I'm going to reserve the dates for 2012 in a couple of weeks. That's how far out we're working.) And then, I'll take it up with the Comp Committee to see what they think.

That's what I've got. I'm not blowing it off. I'll see what I can do, but it's not up to just me.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hheeeess backkkk
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-jaybee-2.jpg  
Old 09-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default details

first off will i be able to renew my roar membership at the track?
will there be a parts tub this wed?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Hey Ron,

I actually did call Novak...sorry for not getting it out there. Bulk orders are not something they've really done in the past. Not through their own channel. And while they weren't completely unreceptive, I didn't think we could gin up a 20 motor order, and the club certainly doesn't have the money on hand to float it. So, I let it go. All the 25.5 stuff is available in Novak's VTA "store:" http://www.shopatron.com/products/ca....69593.0.0.0.0

FWIW, I bought the cheaper SS version. I didn't bother with the Ballistic. I'm not saying the Ballistic is bad, at all, but the SS motors are just fine. And a little cheaper. Though if you want to change out stators, say to a 17.5 down the road, the Ballistic can be a good investment. That's what I'm doing with my 1:12 scale. One Ballistic, two stators--13.5 and 17.5.
Thanks! Order placed.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
I will make sure you are dialed in with all the info!
Nice, just talked to Canyon and got my name down. Waiting for mid Oct now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.