Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
Crazy thought for the day: Seeings how we are occupying a 100'x200' facility and only utilizing half of that at best why not set up a Slash course in the other half. We could even try out Patrick's timing system there. Just a thought, what do I know.
I have some ideas I am working on for the other side of the building and in time I want to do somthing different like FEAR racing or Oval/FEAR mixed. on the cement.

Wow I didn't know your were I charge of the track I personally don't care if somone wanted to run their slash as long as it was clean but that's just me I'm not in charge if I gets people interested in the club its a good thing
Sorry I am just looking out for the Carpet because it cost $$$ and as a long time Carpet racer I have seen what buggys/trucks can do to the surface.

Patrick
Old 03-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skruger
Sorry I am just looking out for the Carpet because it cost $$$ and as a long time Carpet racer I have seen what buggys/trucks can do to the surface.

Patrick
I can see how dirt and/ or newbie "parking lot racers may not pay any attention to loose screws on the bottom of the chassis ( and why should they ) , or other things things atop the car that would easily cut carpet. That plus the knobby tires... and dirt that inevitably would end up on the track due to a quick run on the concrete hanger floor. The purpose built on road cars with their limited clearance and fine pitch gears are enough of a deterrent that that won't happen often by the onroad guys. Nobody wants to play traffic cop night in and night out... so I can understand why we should avoid running dual purpose cars on the carpet.

I do like the idea of the other side of the hanger being used for concrete oval racing for dual purpose RC cars ... It makes a lot of sense for everyone and it'll increase club membership going forward.

We've obviously got a lot of startup expenses and need to ensure the enormous work put forth by Todd doesn't go to waste because we don't have an eye on keeping this ship afloat.

***** but lets stay focused this week and get "all hands on deck" this Wednesday for carpet setup and on-road-racing. ****

anyway.... thats my two cents ... and sorry for the long post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
This grass roots effort is coming together faster than anyone could imagine.

Great Job Todd !

Agree!

Originally Posted by Rdog
Man its going to be a fun night tomorrow.
Agree!

Originally Posted by jubilee
Not sure how many GT3 there will be, but looks to be a boatload of 17.5!
Agree once more!

-Totally Amped
Old 03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

FYI...get food before racing.

There's a Pagliacci for pizza on the way, a 7-11 across the street, and myriad awesome restaurants/vendors in the U-dist and University Place shopping area.

I say this in the interest of not having to hear you guys bitch when I show up with a delicious Pagliacci pie. Otherwise, I'm wiping pizza grease on your sorex's.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Otherwise, I'm wiping pizza grease on your sorex's.

You reach toward my sorex's, and you'll draw back a wintergreen stump
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Promotion,Promotion,Promotion

[QUOTE=Magnet Top;

We've obviously got a lot of startup expenses and need to ensure the enormous work put forth by Todd doesn't go to waste because we don't have an eye on keeping this ship afloat.

***** but lets stay focused this week and get "all hands on deck" this Wednesday for carpet setup and on-road-racing. ****

anyway.... thats my two cents ... and sorry for the long post[/QUOTE]
SO, when did you get promoted to "Rear Admiral"???
Old 03-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by el salvador
SO, when did you get promoted to "Rear Admiral"???

I vote we use the other side of the hangar to set up a steel cage for salvador and magnet top... Maybe throw a few badgers in there for good measure.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

From http://seattlercracers.com/

"Rubber Sedan: 1500g minimum weight, ROAR body guidelines, open tire.

GT3 & Stock

Note for GT3: Tamiya, HPI, or VTA scale bodies are permitted. Wings may be cut to the molded trim lines. Performance bodies (ie. Proto-Form) must conform to ROAR spec."
Great to see that GT3/Trans-Am are invited to come play. I hope to see a bunch of Trans-Am cars tomorrow night!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I do like the idea of the other side of the hanger being used for concrete oval racing for dual purpose RC cars ... It makes a lot of sense for everyone and it'll increase club membership going forward.
Yes the cars that run on the Oval/Figure 8 would not be allowed to run on the carpet just for the reason of dirt/dust/rocks ,but it gives use to the extra space on the south side. I have nothing planed yet and I will just run 17.5 4wd on the Carpet. I am still working on a set of rules for the Oval (can't be to fast because of the dusty track). The Figure 8 class will be any 4wd chassis with 4 cell (No LiPo) 17.5/Stock motors only (This is for safety reasons).
I will do some testing and see what works on the other side before I make any decisions on using the south side.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beez
I vote we use the other side of the hangar to set up a steel cage for salvador and magnet top... Maybe throw a few badgers in there for good measure.

'Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers ! (sic)

Steel cage + magnet top... it seems like an unfair advantage but probably the only way Sal would have a chance. Still, I'll do it for the club if needed

See ya'll tomorrow.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

See ya'll tomorrow.
STOKED!!!

I'll be in the garage getting the 007 ready to blow past some suckas!!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Tire gripper

Doea anyone know where I can find some? Checked my local shops from southcenter to Woodinville and nothing. All I got is a can of Jack leftover from SIR days. Need to race tomorrow. LOL

Grant
Old 03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Fantasy world has some, and so does TRCR, I believe i saw some at RC hobbies in covington also
Old 03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Doea anyone know where I can find some? Checked my local shops from southcenter to Woodinville and nothing. All I got is a can of Jack leftover from SIR days. Need to race tomorrow. LOL

Grant
No worries, I'm sure its gonna be passed around like a bottle a whiskey at a campfire.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

No worries, I'm sure its gonna be passed around like a bottle a whiskey at a campfire.
Looks like I have been going to the wrong campfires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.