Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Thats why I am going to try WGT. . Altho I have no idea where to start and how to assemble one.
Which WGT did you get, or have you got one yet?

Same as any car, buy it and assemble it. Then stuff electronics in it, and then go whoop ass.

In my experience the CRC car was very easy to setup, I took a setup off their website and it worked from then on. You need to adjust the tweak of the car, which if you do not understand anyone with a pan car at H30 can show you in a few moments. There are subtle things you can do to the chassis to make it work better here or there on the track but in general the 'basic' setup will get you around and get you going until your familiar with the car.

Clean the tires, sauce them before you run, and wipe them dry before you hit the track. Start at 8 minute sauce and adjust more or less depending on the level of grip you get.

The hardest part of WGT in my opinion is finding someone to loan you a truer.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
We have a Face Book page! If we get on Twitter I will never, ever come back to the Hanger! Although that might be a good thing.......
+1

I can handle a Facebook page 'cause I'm on there all the time anyway...plus, status updates serve the same purpose as Twitter with the added bonus of directly posting pics and vids straight from my phone.

GRANT: The club has a truer with the appropriate chuck for 1/12 and WGT wheels.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Which WGT did you get, or have you got one yet?

Same as any car, buy it and assemble it. Then stuff electronics in it, and then go whoop ass.

In my experience the CRC car was very easy to setup, I took a setup off their website and it worked from then on. You need to adjust the tweak of the car, which if you do not understand anyone with a pan car at H30 can show you in a few moments. There are subtle things you can do to the chassis to make it work better here or there on the track but in general the 'basic' setup will get you around and get you going until your familiar with the car.

Clean the tires, sauce them before you run, and wipe them dry before you hit the track. Start at 8 minute sauce and adjust more or less depending on the level of grip you get.

The hardest part of WGT in my opinion is finding someone to loan you a truer.
Thanks Wes, that is great info. I haven't decided on one yet. Thats why I was throwing it out there. I know nothing. . Are smaller ESC and servos required or does TC stuff work? And what is this booster talk? What I have gleened so far is the 1s is not enough to power the electronics as well as motor? Maybe I will get lucky and someone has a complete set up for sale and willing to take payments.

Thanks for all help in advance guys.

Originally Posted by jubilee

GRANT: The club has a truer with the appropriate chuck for 1/12 and WGT wheels.
That is great Bill. Gotta love the club and its generous members. Truly a second family.

Grant
Old 08-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks Wes, that is great info. I haven't decided on one yet. Thats why I was throwing it out there. I know nothing. . Are smaller ESC and servos required or does TC stuff work? And what is this booster talk? What I have gleened so far is the 1s is not enough to power the electronics as well as motor? Maybe I will get lucky and someone has a complete set up for sale and willing to take payments.
I'm in the same boat as you, Grant! I am interested in running 1/12, but don't know crap about it! I'll be paying close attention to this thread...
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks for all help in advance guys.

That is great Bill. Gotta love the club and its generous members. Truly a second family.

Grant
WGT cars have tons of room. You should be able to use your touring car stuff with know problems.

The booster helps to regulate the voltage supplied to the receiver. Without it you can experience brown outs due to the ESC taking too much juice. You can also run a receiver pack instead.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

As a side note here are 2 good sources of info for setting up pan cars. The Richard Chang set up guide is extremely helpfull.

http://richardchang.com/hobby.php?topic=112setup

http://www.markpayneblog.blogspot.com/
Old 08-31-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mkdut

Without it you can experience brown outs due to the ESC taking too much juice.
I was nearly browned out during a weekend race when Rolling Chicane ate a greasy breakfast.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was nearly browned out during a weekend race when Rolling Chicane ate a greasy breakfast.

That right there is some funny sh!t! LOL
Old 08-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last edited by Maybell; 08-31-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I want my new touring car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Speaking of.....what's xray got up their sleeve for 2010/2011?

Looking at the tc6 too.

Parts availability and durability are #1 for me, 'cause I'm a hack.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mkdut
WGT cars have tons of room. You should be able to use your touring car stuff with know problems.

The booster helps to regulate the voltage supplied to the receiver. Without it you can experience brown outs due to the ESC taking too much juice. You can also run a receiver pack instead.

Yeah, literally tons of room. I am using a Losi ESC in mine, same footprint as the GTB.

You can run a full sized servo but a low profile mounts at an angle better.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Speaking of.....what's xray got up their sleeve for 2010/2011?

Looking at the tc6 too.

Parts availability and durability are #1 for me, 'cause I'm a hack.
Xray baby ! Built like a tank, drives like a Porsche !

Probably a T3 lipo edition and a shot of Tequila ! I'm getting it whatever it is !
Old 08-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Magnet Top

Probably a T3 lipo edition and a shot of Tequila ! I'm getting it whatever it is !
I bet it's optimized.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Magnet Top

Someone missing their T3?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.