Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-23-2010, 05:34 PM
  #3556  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up Corvette Body

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Nice.

Was going to run a corvette body, but they are discontinued.
What is the hot body? Sophia, DB9...don't have a clue.
Kyle, I've got a new unpainted Vette Body I'll give ya!
You can pick it up @ FW on Sunday.

BTW, I'm with Jacko on the Aston DB9, (looks are a +, and less Rear overhang to foul the Rear Tires/Pod!)
el salvador is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 05:45 PM
  #3557  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by el salvador
Kyle, I've got a new unpainted Vette Body I'll give ya!
You can pick it up @ FW on Sunday.

BTW, I'm with Jacko on the Aston DB9, (looks are a +, and less Rear overhang to foul the Rear Tires/Pod!)
You are the MAN!! It is going to a good cause....
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 PM
  #3558  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
'course, us English loves the Aston...........loverly body, slightly more front end down force that Sophie.......which is also a great body. There 'are' no other bodies worth the time really..

Jacko
The English also gave us Keeley Hazell and Lucy Pinder, so I'd trust Jacko's word on what's hot.
jubilee is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 07:36 PM
  #3559  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jubilee
The English also gave us Keeley Hazell and Lucy Pinder, so I'd trust Jacko's word on what's hot.
Both as Jacko said about the Aston with slightly more front end.
mkdut is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 08:32 PM
  #3560  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
RcHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 342
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default wgt

what servo would be approprate for a wgt?
RcHammer is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 PM
  #3561  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (56)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 6,070
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RcHammer
what servo would be approprate for a wgt?
I believe the Futaba 9650 is popular....
Logi Maker is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 PM
  #3562  
Tech Master
iTrader: (83)
 
Rdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Posts: 1,622
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RcHammer
what servo would be approprate for a wgt?
I know a few guys are mounting full size servos in them. The futaba 9551 low profile servo in them. At least in the 10r5. You have to drill and countersink a hole.
Rdog is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 PM
  #3563  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Our Constituion and Bylaws are now on the website.

http://seattlercracers.com/about-us/

Or here, if anyone is interested. They were adopted at the meeting on Wednesday.
Attached Files
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:43 AM
  #3564  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 82
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Scale Spec...the preponderance of chassis are straight-up TC's. Minis, and for that matter Cup Racers, are always at a disadvantage to TC's on the track. So those can run whatever tires that fit. Though as to that, aren't the Cup Racer tires D Compound anyway? Just smaller? Anyway, I think Mike is right...what else can you run that fits D Compounds? Oh, and no one-ways.
I asked about the FF03 FWD Tamiya earlier in the thread but I don't think anyone ever responded. Same question would apply for the older FF02 and FF01/TA02FF FWD cars. Also you could probably get the sedan tires/wheels on a Tamiya F201 though that'd just be wrong...

On another note, does anyone have suggestions for a couple decent (and decent priced) hard cased "round profile" LiPo's that'll fit the whole range of cars including the Minis and other Tamiya cars setup for stick packs? I'm trying to get back into racing a bit this fall (Scale Spec with a TB02 or TA04R to start with probably, maybe Stock Touring later to add a second car/more track time) and it seems as if I need to buy just about everything all over again! I've already picked up a Thunder Power 610 charger. Looks like I need to check the ROAR site for the approved battery list (and membership info!).
CharlesWA is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 12:58 AM
  #3565  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CharlesWA
I asked about the FF03 FWD Tamiya earlier in the thread but I don't think anyone ever responded. Same question would apply for the older FF02 and FF01/TA02FF FWD cars. Also you could probably get the sedan tires/wheels on a Tamiya F201 though that'd just be wrong...
I had typed up a response, but didn't want to reply before the comp comittee had a chance to respond. But since they didn't, here goes... I think the spirit of the scale spec chassis rule is basically this:

If it's 1/10 scale, or thereabouts, looks like a real car, and you won't be faster than you would be with a 4wd TC chassis, then it should be allowed.

The reason the Mini and the F103GT were specifically included is because there are active club members who ran those chassis last year.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 AM
  #3566  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
oXYnary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rdog
We already Had out meeting last wed.
I never got the email.
oXYnary is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 07:56 AM
  #3567  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mkdut
Both as Jacko said about the Aston with slightly more front end.
jubilee is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 01:55 PM
  #3568  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I had typed up a response, but didn't want to reply before the comp comittee had a chance to respond. But since they didn't, here goes... I think the spirit of the scale spec chassis rule is basically this:

If it's 1/10 scale, or thereabouts, looks like a real car, and you won't be faster than you would be with a 4wd TC chassis, then it should be allowed.

The reason the Mini and the F103GT were specifically included is because there are active club members who ran those chassis last year.

-Mike
That pretty much sums it up.
mkdut is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:45 PM
  #3569  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,671
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

so what is the "good" tire size for 1/12, is it still 1.80 rear 1.70 front
skypilot is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
  #3570  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,075
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 08-24-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: woops ( it was "sponge worthy" )... nevermind
Magnet Top is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.