Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Radio Disrupter

I'd love to figure out an internet solution in the hangar, Jacko. Unfortunately, at this time there is no hard connection in the hangar, and the structure is a potent disrupter of broadband wireless. We've tried just about every wireless vendor you can name, and it's very spotty at best. Otherwise we would have had LiveRC up and running ages ago.

You'll just have to pester Mike D. for the minutes
Old 08-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The Hangar 30 Pre-Season meeting is tonight. Everyone is invited to attend and participate.

Wednesday, August 18, 7pm, Hangar 30, Magnuson Park, Seattle.

As it happens, we will be in the main hangar, where we always are.

See you tonight.
You guys should dress like pirates and swashbuckle the fencers out of the other room.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Todd -

We here at rcplus would like to run for club classes and maybe even NWIC

13.5 1/12 1s

13.5 or 10.5 WGT 1s same tires as last year

17.5 non timing sedan spec tire

17.5x sedan timing ok spec tire

open sedan timing ok spec tire

anyone can run any class at nwic and 6 cars makes a class

hope we can all find some common ground we are also trying a spec sedan class with hpi sprint chassis but could easy convert them to a silver can class if that what your group wants to run!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Consensus of the earlier posts want 10.5 for WGT.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Seattle RC Racers new 2010/2011 classes/rules will be posted tonight after the meeting guys!

See every one in a few...

Kody
Old 08-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

It was a very informative meeting last night lots of good stuff. Now I need a 1/12th scale now 13.5 no timing is going to be fun close racing.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Yo?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It was such a awesome meeting last night! Nice to see all the fellas again.
Got my QTS's ordered....now I just need a 13.5 for 1/12
Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

So what are your classes? and race dates?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The dates are on the website...
The classes, tick, tick, tick, tick....
Old 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Of the new rules.

Having been at the meeting, (& if you weren't, you missed a lot) I do have a question concerning the 25.5 motors for scale spec. Understanding the rules aren't posted as of yet. 9:00 am

Is the Speed control spec'd as a Novak Havoc only? Or is the GTB I bought last year still going to be acceptable?

$75 + shipping for a new motor is a lot different that $120 for motor/speed control combo.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Your ESC will be just fine
Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Club Racing

Kody will be posting the rules and classes here soon. He is the chairman of the Competition Committee. I will be updating the website today when I get a chance, and tonight after the kids are in bed. For the perspective of our racers, I do want to share the instructions I gave the Comp Committee before they proceeded with their job. They came through beautifully, and we can look forward to a great season of racing at Hangar 30.

"1. In my opinion, the success of the club's Wednesday race program is dependent on our ability to set up/tear down quickly and be done with the night at a reasonable hour. As it happens, our track is a marvel of efficient construction, and I am disinclined in every conceivable way to give up even one minute of our sub-30 build time. Nothing matters more, not over the long run. I know that "reasonable" is a little vague, and it needn't be defined around a 10-year-old's bedtime. However, I think we should be respectful of a 40-year-old's 6 am alarm with two days left in the work week. The club's energy and enthusiasm will bleed away if the hangar lights are still on at 11:30.

2. This is club racing. Beginners and intermediates will receive the utmost consideration, particularly from the veterans. It doesn't follow that we are all obliged to run dumb, or consistenly below our abilities. But it does mean that as between "competition" and "fun," we favor the fun. In my opinion, we need to be selective about how much complexity we admit into the basic program. At the present time, we run the three classic electric onroad platforms: 1:12 and 1:10 pan, and 1:10 touring car. All three should be accessible to the intermediate racer.

Your model intermediate racer is the guy who relies on our race program for the totality of his track time during the season. This is his second season racing, and he made over half of the Wednesday races, and all of the Saturdays. He raced some offroad as a teenager, and he got back into the hobby a couple years ago when his wife bought him a monster truck for Father's Day. He's not an idiot, he has hand-eye coordination and competence with tools. He has one to two hours during his week for bench time at home. Otherwise, his time for his hobby is at the hangar. Let's assume that he gets off work a little early and skips dinner at home to race with us. His wife genuinely hopes he has fun. The mid-week hassle for her is worth it if he has a good time. His young son always asks, over cereal the next morning, "Did you win, Dad?" From our perspective, his answer does not have to be yes. From our perspective, he should get to truthfully reply that he has fun, that he handles his machine like a competent adult, and that he is making progress in this wonderful, engaging hobby. (As it happens, he has his eye on 1:12 scale: ancient, simple like archery, and fast--it's jedi.) Over time, his enthusiasm shows, and his wife encourages him to take his son to a Saturday race. It means that he will have a full bench, his own car and--at first--the club's loaner for his son, but it's worth it to pass on the joy.

That's it. Thank you again for the time you take and the effort you will make on behalf of the Seattle RC Racers."
Old 08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

2010/2011 Classes

-Novice... Same rules as last year. Silver can or 25.5 motors encouraged

-1/18th Scale... Same as last year

-Stock TC... 17.5 ROAR legal motor. No timing in the speed control. ROAR approved legal speed controls. Sweep QTS 32 Spec tire. Open to any one to race. All other ROAR rules apply...

-Open TC... Open to what you feel you can handle to go fast! Spec tire Sweep QTS 32. All other ROAR rules apply.

-13.5 12th... 13.5 ROAR legal motor. No timing in the speed control. ROAR approved legal speed controls. All other ROAR rules apply

-10.5 WGT... 10.5 ROAR legal motor. No timing in the speed control. ROAR approved legal speed controls. Lilac spec tire as last season. All other ROAR rules apply.

-Scale Spec... Two things have changed for this year. (1) Mini and F103GT are legal to race. (2) legal motors are Tamiya silver can and Novak SS or Ballistic 25.5 motors with legal none timing speed controls and settings.

That should do it peeps. The complete race bible will be posted ASAP on the club web site as well sent out to all current club members via email.

Kody
Old 08-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

As a side note there are allot of speed controls out there that are not on the ROAR approved list for spec none timing settings... We are going to work with you guys that have GTBs, Sphere's and so on as we feel they can still be used without having an advantage.

This is something we didn't get into but was mentioned at our meeting. We will be talking about it more and come up with some small guide lines.

Kody

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.