Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 08-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I do recall the 1s rated esc as the low volt no cut off thing and still needing the booster. I remember something about people complaining about the Black Diamond and extra voltage thing too.

Anyways, going to go with me Tekin and a booster, not for all the Tekin voodoo, just because I have one...
Old 08-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Kyle,
The RS works great with the Novak Smart Boost, now that Robert Novak posted the modification that deletes the "Built-in voltage cutoff", that from V203's intro, was causing the RS to "Brown-Out", then Reboot, when the Burst Voltage Drop activated the Smart Boosts limiter.
Somewhere further back into this thread Todd posted the link to this Mod, very simple and very effective, makes every thing EASY!

BTW, you gonna attend this Wednesdays H30 preseason meeting?
You're invited!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default boosters or receiver packs for 1s running

Hi Kyle, and anyone else wondering about boosters or receiver packs.

just did some research as to what is out there recently, at one point I had thought about making one, did run one I made initially, but decided it wasn't worth it, since there are enough out there to do the job. Other than the slightly lower voltage of the Hobby King, its a bargain. I have been running it without problems, I have the Novak with the mod to stop brown-outs, and will run that now as well. (just for the extra servo speed)

Anyway, what those that have posted as answers, have stated correct information.

Just to sum it up:

*Boosters - easy, pretty reliable so far. Some are 5 volt, others 6 volt. Slightly slower or faster servo speed.

- Hobby King - $8.00, 5 volt, 1 amp, 1.5 amp burst, small size
- TQ - $25.00, 5 volt, 1 amp, 1.5 amp burst, small size
- Novak - $38.00, 6 volt, 3 amp - need to mod to prevent brownouts, largish
- Robotronics - 36.00 Euros, 5.9 volt, 2.5 amp, 5 amp peak, small size, new, just released
- RC Dynamics - 35.00 British Sterling, 6 volt, 1.5 amp, small, built in switch

*Receiver packs - just don't forget to charge them... I did more than once, so that was the end of them for me.

Size, as small as 180 mah capacity is enough

- LiPo 2-cell, best to run regulator to reduce voltage, 7.4 is usually too much for most servos used in 1/12th or WGT. Some ESC's have this regulator, to REDUCE and regulate voltage to 6 volts, built in now, ie: Black Diamond, others too.

- LiFe 2-cell, 6.6 volt, so OK to run straight up right into receiver. This is slightly over 6 volts, but is okay, especially since it drops a bit under load as well.

Hope that helps,

-Alex
Old 08-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for all the info. Still in California until the 22nd so won't make the meeting. I am planning/hoping/begging/scheduling to hit the Saturday races and the NWIC weekend this year. Never ran on carpet, except for a couple of times with my Scalpel at SIR, but it looks fun! I feel pretty comfortable bringing Logi with me to the Hanger since it's inside and safer that a parking lot. Turning my T10 hauler bag into his for all of his raceday entertainment of movies, coloring books, some hot wheels etc. We'll see!

Can't wait!

Can big guy get a T shirt!! It would be cool to get a little one too!

Kyle, hopefully a carpet racer, well enterant at least...
Old 08-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks for the info from me also, I have a rcvr pack so I'll just run that, unless I find some really really cool new stuff at the IIC I can't live without
Old 08-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Pre-Season Meeting

Friends, Racers, Fans, and Generally Interested Individulas of All Creeds!

Come to the Hangar 30 Pre-Season Meeting.

Wednesday, August 18, 7pm.
Hangar 30, Magnuson Park, Seattle, WA.

The Competition Committee will come down from the mountain to tell us the rules for the season. Budgets, commitments, new programs, initiatives, and everything Hangar 30-related will be discussed.

Drinks afterward at the Wedgwood Broiler.

P.S. If you come into the main hangar and don't see anyone, we're probably set up in the adjacent room through the double doors where the fencers practice. It's less echo-y and we won't have to shout. Tables and chairs are provided, of course.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Ill be there tomorrow Looking forward to it
Old 08-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rdog
Ill be there tomorrow Looking forward to it
btw, We lucked out.....I guess the Hangar 30 ice skaters were rescheduled to a better time of year. I'll probably still be on thin ice though. Anyone have a Brian Boitano liatard I can borrow ?

p.s.Free of charge I'll be bringing plenty of rotten tomatoes to hurl at the rules committee. No doubt they have the impossible job of pleasing everyone. I just hope they don't want to scrap the onroad for a dirt track. I thought I heard my brother saying something like that, but please, you didn't hear it from me !

- anonymous -
Old 08-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If you're brining tomatoes... I need to think of something better to throw back at the club members!

Juuuust kidding.....

It'll be a good season guys. Hope to see everyone tomorrow at the meeting! I'm making the trek from Bham.. you BETTER be there

-Korey
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 AM
piper48

I would love to be there to drop my 2 cents but I can't make it cuz I gots to work. New rules will be posted on Rctech too I hope.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piper48
I would love to be there to drop my 2 cents but I can't make it cuz I gots to work. New rules will be posted on Rctech too I hope.
+1. Wish I could be there.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jubilee
+1. Wish I could be there.
Me too! I want to be a H30 guy....
Old 08-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by piper48
Your 2 cents shouldn't go unheard! You should be able to express your opinions/concerns here...and I'm sure it'll be discussed at the meeting.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Meeting Tonight

The Hangar 30 Pre-Season meeting is tonight. Everyone is invited to attend and participate.

Wednesday, August 18, 7pm, Hangar 30, Magnuson Park, Seattle.

As it happens, we will be in the main hangar, where we always are.

See you tonight.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The Hangar 30 Pre-Season meeting is tonight. Everyone is invited to attend and participate.

Wednesday, August 18, 7pm, Hangar 30, Magnuson Park, Seattle.

As it happens, we will be in the main hangar, where we always are.

See you tonight.
Anyone doing SKYPE for this meeting ?? I've wanted to set something up for the Rose City meetings but never got round to it. Maybe you Hitec Seattle chappies can initiate this................

Jacko

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.