Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 07-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by el salvador
Doesn't HobbyTown USA/Evertt have that item on special, "As I Type"?
Yep, its in our expansive Traxxas section.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Yep, its in our expensive Traxxas section.
Wha-T-F? Traxxazz' Makes really "Cheap" durable 48P Spur Gears!

Good for Pan Cars (Outdoors). The're really Noisey Too!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

okay, 2 months to go, whatsascoop on spec tires??? q-tips, quarks, qwills, duct tape wrapped around pvc pipes glued on rounded frogs legs, pickeled pigs feets with tabasco on a stick???? esc's for stock touring, esc's for mod touring, cheeseburgers or pizza?

till the carpet goes down, have a good summer all,
Brian
Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

For anyone considering a netbook for your Tekin Schmekin, FYI.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2358301,00.asp

Target has them new in-store this week for $199. They're on woot.com today refurbished for $209.

I'm picking one up today.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Will we be running a new track layout this year?

-Mike
Old 08-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

I'm pretty sure Todd and the club will keep the layout we closed out the season with. The pre-season meeting is coming up. Discussions about layout and everything else will probably get the once over.
See you guys soon. (I've ordered tires, how bout you?)
Old 08-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Will we be running a new track layout this year?

-Mike
My vote is YES! lol
Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

When will the specs of the classes be posted, ie tires, 17.5 esc and WGT power/tire combos. I will assume after pre season meeting until somebody tells me otherwise...

Also woul d be interested in a couple 3X t shirts and a 3T if possible.

Kyle, going to play on the rug.....
Old 08-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
When will the specs of the classes be posted, ie tires, 17.5 esc and WGT power/tire combos.
WGT will likely remain unchanged.......1S LiPo, 930 grams min weight 13.5T motor, Lilac spec tires, approved bodies, 4mm min ride height.

17.5 TC.......last season, ROAR approved bodies, 1425 grams min weight, 5mm min ride height, open ESC's, Spec Tire (Jaco Blues') was finally dropped for the last 2 races of the Spring Season, (We'll see if another pratical cost effective canidate emerges by the time the Fall Races begin).

The "Sportsman" 17.5 class was "Shopped @ the Racing Masses", but didn't catch on at that time so for the short term abandonded, (We'll also see about the interest in this configuration).

And, Track spec Tire sauce, Paragon Ground Effects!

Last edited by el salvador; 08-05-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Live from ROAR Nats

The first day of practice is done. The track is fantastic. Very high grip, smooth, and the temps are perfect. Morning and late afternoon are cool, and the midday is moderately hot without being unpleasant. Jake and Alex Danilchik, Ritchie Reynolds, Tim Getchell, Brian Shook, Steve Curry, Korey Harbke, and myself are all down here. We were all stepping up the pace as the day progressed.

More to come as the week progresses. Tomorrow is practice, then Friday and Saturday quals, Mains on Sunday.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:46 AM
piper48

Default Nats

Good luck guys and have fun.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Woohooo!! Good luck guys, let 'er rip!

Post pics please.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The first day of practice is done. The track is fantastic. Very high grip, smooth, and the temps are perfect. Morning and late afternoon are cool, and the midday is moderately hot without being unpleasant. Jake and Alex Danilchik, Ritchie Reynolds, Tim Getchell, Brian Shook, Steve Curry, Korey Harbke, and myself are all down here. We were all stepping up the pace as the day progressed.

More to come as the week progresses. Tomorrow is practice, then Friday and Saturday quals, Mains on Sunday.
Good luck guys!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Live from ROAR Nats

I don't know how I'm going to survive three more days of this. We were at the track when the doors opened at 7:30, and we closed the place down 12 hours later. Eric V. had to kick us out. We've all been jamming and thrashing getting our stuff on pace. It's fun, but intense, and I forgot to eat until Jake put some awful cheap Chinese takeout in front of me. Here's a quick rundown on the crew.

Jake: His car is good, his power is good, and his driving is good. The only problem is that he's running smack into the formidable advantage of the locals who have been camped at the track for the last month getting faster and faster every day. But...we'll see. The Expert 17.5 field is deep and fast, and this is Nationals, so the motivation for everyone is really high.

Ritchie: Like Jake, his driving is good, his car is good, but the field is deep, and Cali boys have their stuff wired. They've all made strides since Reedy. He's in the thick of a machine gun fight.

Tim: Another brave soldier. I'm pitting next to him, and he's working on his car the entire time. He's an experienced campaigner, though, and I think Tim may pull out some good qualifying runs and surprise himself with an A main spot.

Korey: He's definitely on pace. Right at the top. Top 5 A Main stuff for sure. He's lacking top end, but he's got his car working so well everywhere else that he can make up for it in the twisties. You know someone is working it out when they are making 1/4 deg. changes in camber to nail one particular apex. Impressive stuff.

Alex: He's having fun. Like me, he's in Sportsman TC, and very much enjoying not trying to decide between an added pinion tooth or an extra degree of boost. Or is it two degrees of boost and 5/hundredths extra delay? Perhaps 2 degrees less timing, 3 more of turbo, an extra 500 on the range, and a tenth of delay? Or...or...or... That elusive tenth per lap. We get to just work on our line and gear for heat. Very nice.

Shook: He's in Sportsman, too. We had some good laps together in practice today. His World GT is also looking sharp. I think he's a lock for a high placing in both.

Me: My learning curve just pitched up like a Flandrian berg and I'm flapping my shifter for the little ring. I can't emphasize enough how much and how quickly one learns at a big race like this. It's exhausting, but also so much fun to just dig in and concentrate on one task for hours at a time. My cars are good, and my lines seem good. But tomorrow we start quals, and as they say, "When the green flag drops, the bulls#!t stops." I'm just happy to be in the arena, whatever the outcome.

The fast class of the week is Mod 1/12th. Hooooly Cow are they fast! They are a full half second faster than the mod sedans, and I don't think they're trying hard yet. I'm in Expert 17.5 1/12th, and I will say right here, it is the straight-up best 1/12th driving I've ever experienced. So much fun. I'm really making an effort in this one. I hope it works out.

Catch it on LiveRC if you can! The northwest, and the Seattle RC Racers are definitely representing.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks Todd. Have fun, learn lots. Toilet breaks and eating are for sissy's. Sleep when you're dead.

Best of luck tomorrow!

I may come down Sat for some pit work.... we'll see if I can find any last minute deals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.