Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sneako
I just picked up a used TA05 to run in Scale spec/VTA. Will I need to purchase my own transponder or does H30 have some for people to share? If I do have to buy one, which should I get? Will I have to choose one that works specifically with the house lap counting system or are transponders 'generic' and can work with any system?
Hanger 30 has house transponders you can borrow to race with. You can purchase your own if you would like. The most common one which also works at almost any track you will go to it the AMB pt. They are gonna run you about 100 bucks give or take.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
I got to throw out the idea to you Jaybee on the Serpent S120 link car if you want to be a little different than the rest. The parts support is good for that car and after the purchase of the kit, replacement parts are priced fairly. The front end is very trick. I currently have the Tbar car but I am most likely switching to the link car for next season. I have lots of parts with me at the track when I am there.

I do agree with the 1s lipo thing, make the switch over and don't look back.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I still have a freshly built BMI car that I can get a lipo chassis for but I will be looking at Cyrul's car and the S120.

Originally Posted by Rewp
good to see you again I'm assuming you got an Mi4?
Thanks Rewp.
No MI4 just yet. Still have my IIC Vegas MI3.5 from 2yrs ago, but just put the EXOTEK chassis on it.
I'm paying close attention to that HB TCX though...
Old 06-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default TT-01E ok for racing?

I want to race with you guys next season and I have a Tamiya TT01E (BMW M3 '09 body) Is that something that I will be able to race competitively or should I pick up an Xray T3? I just moved hear and haven't been out to Hangar 30 yet.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
I want to race with you guys next season and I have a Tamiya TT01E (BMW M3 '09 body) Is that something that I will be able to race competitively or should I pick up an Xray T3? I just moved hear and haven't been out to Hangar 30 yet.

Thanks,
Mike
Thats not a competitive car unfortunately. It would be a decent inexpensive Scale Spec car, but it would be barely competitive in that class against the faster guys. In stock touring pretty much everyone run more refined chassis that are faster around the track.

You would like any newer touring car on the market. T3 is excellent, XRAY T2's are available cheap and is still a solid car. You can find the T2'009 for sale at a reasonable price used.

Getting down in cost, the TC5 is a great option also.

If money is less of a concern I would look at the Xray T3, the Tamiya 416, or the new Hotbodies car.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Motor, ESC, Servo for T3?

Thanks, Wes. That's what I figured.

Any tips on competitive motor, ESC, and servo for the T3?

Mike
Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Suspended

Tekin RS, ORCA, or Speedpassion, LRP.. Any of the major brand motors are fast with those controllers. Unless your going to run before carpet season I'd wait until the last minute to get something so you have whatever is fesibly freshest on the market.

For a servo, I'm pretty fond of the Orion low profile servo.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive been pondering my frustration with onroad racing lately, but Im sure things will work out for the best in the end...

Im done with timing ramp racing. They have banned it in Europe already and companies are starting to come out with easy to ID zero timing ramp stock speed contols for this purpose.

I plan on running WGT and 12th next season if we run strait up. I dont care what motor we run...

If not I will run mod TC I guess...

End of rant. Race on!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Maybell
Ive been pondering my frustration with onroad racing lately, but Im sure things will work out for the best in the end...

Im done with timing ramp racing. They have banned it in Europe already and companies are starting to come out with easy to ID zero timing ramp stock speed contols for this purpose.

I plan on running WGT and 12th next season if we run strait up. I dont care what motor we run...

If not I will run mod TC I guess...

End of rant. Race on!

Even if boosted ESC are banned in spec ?

Then the motor tuners & battery manufactures will make spec even faster then now ...

Best of luck Sean, as stock or so called spec has never been fair or equal ....

Nor will it ever be ....
Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Hi shawn i feel your pain,

Sedan has gottin crazy and priced alot of people out of the class!
We have been running a hpi rs4 sport class stock out of the box, can change tx and rx but all stock otherwise with great luck and some super tight racing!

May not work as a series class but we need to find some commin ground on spec racing so as you(hanger 30) guys start working on your rules keep us down here in the loop we would love to get everyone on the same sheet of music from day one this year!

What you guys think of a single(or maybe choice) chassis,motor,battery spec stock class? somthing like the rs4 sport or tamiya or ????.

just some ideas let me know what you think!!

Thanks Ron Smith

Last edited by rcplus; 06-16-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Suspended

In TC it does not bother me as much but I agree with you 100%, Maybell. It's annoying and it killed 1s racing for me. In touring it's allowed me to milk more out of pretty crappy motors though.

Hopefully ROAR will hash it out, if people want to go faster run mod.

WGT is boring as hell with 1s. I really wish it was 2s and 21.5 or now 25.5. I hate having to have special batteries, esc, and hardware to run what was supposed to be an inexpensive class.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Legend

Still amazes me when a racer says the motor makes for tight racing ...
Just a big load of bull...

Not true , as just look at the mod class's and there you see tight racing and there are no spec motor's making it tight ....

Proves the motor does not make for tight racing in any way ....

Long pass due to reform the class's and base them on experience only, instead of equipment......

When this happens , on-road will begin to grow again , and not until then ....
Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

George you are full of negitives! Come on man just smile! It works and your face won't crack!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is all good info and its great to see people expressing there opinion's. As the comp committee works out the classes we will take this into consideration. I would agree we need to do whats best for the NW and not necessary what the rest of the world is doing sometimes.

Ron, I will keep you informed on whats going on. We have just started to talk about the 2010/2011 carpet season.

Kody
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just love telling this story: I still remember my very first "big" club race with "handout" motors, I thought cool we will ALL be equal, I got to pick a brand new shiny Aggressive Technogies Midnight motor. happy as hell to be at my first big race I smiled big as I installed it, then I put it on the track and got smoked every where by everyone. what the hell, can I get another motor this one sucks, OH, YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE SPRINGS, BRUSHES AND CUT THE ARM DOWN TO GET ANY POWER. ANOTHER WHAT THE HELL, Oh stupid me thought that "HANDOUT" meant equal playing field. NOTHING HAS CHANGED WITH THE RAMPING ESC's AND SOFTWARE. EXPENSIVE, I used to have to have at least 3 top of the line Ni-cds or Ni-mh batteries and a high end delta peak charger, along with discharge trays, equalizers, brushes springs, secrect speed juice arm truer and the all that other crap that went along with it. Now, one lipo, one 59.99 charger and one motor that if not abused will last dang near forever. so whats the problem nothing has changed,the ESC's cost the same, unless you were crazy enough to buy one for 400 bucks that isn't upgradeable, oh we're going a heck of a lot faster in "stock" then we used to, but all the magic is still involved, and its not really magic, all you do is read the forums to find out what works and doesn't.

with stock brushed motors there were always a few that could run away, in trans am silver can, there are a few that can run away, in F-1, sportsman, slash, beer can tossing, and chicken eating, there will always be someone or some that can run away, even in the precious MOD class there are those that can run away with it. yea we could design a layout that makes it impossible to actually use all the hp and pretend we have close racing, but do WE really want to do that.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think I agree that banning ESC timing is the right thing to do, at least for Scale Spec. At the end of the day, I have no problems with taking the timing out of my Tekin setup. But I will be miffed if I have to buy a new spec brushless setup or if I get a perfect corner exit onto a straight and still get walked by a silver can.

-Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.