Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 05-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

thanks everyone for the great season, came in a nub, still a nub, hehe. every night was a great and fun experience, amazing how a few race nights get rid of the butterflies. ty todd and kody for running a great program. grats jake for being such an all around center of support guy. grats to the new comp commitee guys, korey and alex. take care all, till the carpet gets unrolled in the fall. time to head to the dirt. may the rubber stay down, and the motors keep zipping!!!! cya round

Brian Burk
Old 05-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Todd for putting the energy behind this club, it was a great year!

The sign of a great season . . . . I am looking forward to the next one.

I am about to ask the "what is best" question that everyone hates because it is asked over and over again and there is no right answer. I have dug through the other forums, but I want to get some local input. Feel free to PM me if you don't want post or have something you want to unload that might fit the bill.

For next year I am going to upgrade to brushless and I am looking for some tips on what I should go with. I am thinking about getting back into scale spec and might do a sportsman class if one gets created. I am seriously considering going with Novak since its relatively inexpenisive, I have no plans to run Stock and don't need the dynamic advance timing, they offer a VTA 25.5 package that I am expecting will be standard for scale spec next year (won't buy until I hear back on the rules, just shopping for now).

Question: What is the difference between all the Novak ESCs? Havoc 2s, Havoc Pro, GTS. . . .

I have read mixed reviews on reliability of the Novak ESCs. Thoughts?

I have considered a cheap Hong Kong package but would prefer to stay main stream and I think I want sensored?, doesn't seem to save all that much, since we are a ROAR track thinking I am required to get something ROAR legal?

Other brand recommendations?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rknott
Thanks Todd for putting the energy behind this club, it was a great year!

The sign of a great season . . . . I am looking forward to the next one.

I am about to ask the "what is best" question that everyone hates because it is asked over and over again and there is no right answer. I have dug through the other forums, but I want to get some local input. Feel free to PM me if you don't want post or have something you want to unload that might fit the bill.

For next year I am going to upgrade to brushless and I am looking for some tips on what I should go with. I am thinking about getting back into scale spec and might do a sportsman class if one gets created. I am seriously considering going with Novak since its relatively inexpenisive, I have no plans to run Stock and don't need the dynamic advance timing, they offer a VTA 25.5 package that I am expecting will be standard for scale spec next year (won't buy until I hear back on the rules, just shopping for now).

Question: What is the difference between all the Novak ESCs? Havoc 2s, Havoc Pro, GTS. . . .

I have read mixed reviews on reliability of the Novak ESCs. Thoughts?

I have considered a cheap Hong Kong package but would prefer to stay main stream and I think I want sensored?, doesn't seem to save all that much, since we are a ROAR track thinking I am required to get something ROAR legal?

Other brand recommendations?
Based on what you are looking to do take a look at the Sportsman approved ESC list from ROAR:

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...l_ESC_List.pdf

Novak is a good choice especially the Havok combo. Nicely priced for the Sportsman class. Also ask Ritchie(skypilot) about the Speedpassion. Not sure about the price but I think he has done some testing.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Speedpassion Club spec combo on sale at www.speedtechrc.com right now for 69.99. I ran it at FW, great power, runs cool. Also check www.thedriversstand.com for more speedpassion product. (local guy) although he doing mostly off road SC stuff he may have something.

direct link for sp combo at speedtech http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=646&id=9620
Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Adept

That is a nice price. I would be skeptical without the positive review. its missing from the ROAR approved list though. Not sure if I should worry about that. Only concern would be one of our big weekend events when I expect everything needs to be on the up and up?

Originally Posted by skypilot
Speedpassion Club spec combo on sale at www.speedtechrc.com right now for 69.99. I ran it at FW, great power, runs cool. Also check www.thedriversstand.com for more speedpassion product. (local guy) although he doing mostly off road SC stuff he may have something.

direct link for sp combo at speedtech http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=646&id=9620
Old 05-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default got one

That is a nice price. I would be skeptical without the positive review. its missing from the ROAR approved list though. Not sure if I should worry about that. Only concern would be one of our big weekend events when I expect everything needs to be on the up and up?
Mine just came in the mail yesterday. Looks nice. Putting it in tomorrow for racing at FW sunday. I will let ya know how it works for me.

p.s. Saladfork with driverstand.com is a great person to deal with. Excellent local support. As with Ritchie
Old 05-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

For others: thedriversstand.com doesn't work. Get rid of the extra s thedriverstand.com. Speedpassion Club spec combo isn't listed.

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Mine just came in the mail yesterday. Looks nice. Putting it in tomorrow for racing at FW sunday. I will let ya know how it works for me.

p.s. Saladfork with driverstand.com is a great person to deal with. Excellent local support. As with Ritchie
Old 05-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Suspended

Default Sorry

For others: thedriversstand.com doesn't work. Get rid of the extra s thedriverstand.com. Speedpassion Club spec combo isn't listed.
Sorry I didn't get back to you. Was going to mention that. I put the extra S in myself.

Richie: What FDR did you start at for that setup?
Old 05-29-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Anything you guys need Speed Passion wise, let me know I can get anything. Our website is not hosting anything but SC stuff (site launches next month). I live in West Seattle and work in Bellevue and can meet where every. I will beat anyone's price on SP stuff. Happy to help the local racers!

Old 05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Its on the list.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tutankhamen
Sorry I didn't get back to you. Was going to mention that. I put the extra S in myself.

Richie: What FDR did you start at for that setup?

FDR 3.5 for FW
Old 06-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Suspended

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by skypilot
FDR 3.5 for FW
Thank you kind sir. Think I am at about 5 now. Definatley will be changing that. Didn't know it would be that tall. What tempts are good for those motors?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,

I know I've been MIA for a while, but I figured I'd show ya what I've been doing at school in my absence. It's a 3D surface model of a Mazda RX-7 that I have created. I modified it and designed my own rear wing, rear wing supports, front bumper, side skirts, headlights and tire/wheel package. After designing the additional parts, I had to blend and integrate them into the model. All done in CATIA V5 in the Generative Shape Design workbench for those of you that know the program. It's not perfect, but I still think it came out pretty good. I'm going to massage it over the summer and see if I can get it any better and add more detail. Enjoy!

-Korey
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-isomazda.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-bumperheadlightblend.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-front.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-back.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-side.jpg  

Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2010/2011 Season

The 2010/2011 dates are now on the Event Calendar on the club's website.

http://seattlercracers.com/event-calendar/
Old 06-04-2010, 03:50 AM
piper48

I know it's long ways from now but is the preseaon meeting just a meeting or is track going up for practice also? Lem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.