Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Awesome, so you're saying you got decent performance for that first minute of the first run. Neat-o

Can hardly wait to run some.

Steve
Thats on asphalt. They are working good on carpet.

K
Old 03-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm not gonna say the Blues are the preferred product among tc drivers, 'cause well, I have no idea.

BUT, there are guys who are consistently fast at the Hangar and they all run the same tires.

EDIT: and what Kody said too.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jubilee
I'm not gonna say the Blues are the preferred product among tc drivers, 'cause well, I have no idea.

BUT, there are guys who are consistently fast at the Hangar and they all run the same tires.
Yep we all have to deal with the same tire... The club will be looking at other options for tires closer to fall.

K
Old 03-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm gonna push for Tamiya B3 tires then everyone can really complain.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mkdut

K
Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Yep we all have to deal with the same tire...
Sounds Like Ford's position about Firestone and all of the Exploder's crashing, Hmmmmmmmm..... But, are they really all the same tires?
Originally Posted by mkdut
For WGT right?
A "Break Through" in waiting, excellent suggestion, can't wait to start complaining. Do they "Chunk" like the lilac spec tires do?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thats what i said, 'ALL' jaco blues ain't the same.
I know a couple of years ago the spec tire for the nwic was the sorex 28, horrible tire on the shouie, i had to C A the whole sidewall just not to traction roll and then it wasn't a for sure thing. So for me the Jaco tire is just fine. although i think it works better with jack then paragon, but thats just MY opinion. some of that could be the new carpet being broke in.

Funny thing is, at the hanger when they said spec tire, no one said boo, last year at FW i said, maybe spec tire, most had a fit. go figure.
I think a spec tire for the sizzler would be a good thing, but thats for another thread in a land far far away
Old 03-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
thats what i said, 'ALL' jaco blues ain't the same.
I know a couple of years ago the spec tire for the nwic was the sorex 28, horrible tire on the shouie, i had to C A the whole sidewall just not to traction roll and then it wasn't a for sure thing. So for me the Jaco tire is just fine. although i think it works better with jack then paragon, but thats just MY opinion. some of that could be the new carpet being broke in.

Funny thing is, at the hanger when they said spec tire, no one said boo, last year at FW i said, maybe spec tire, most had a fit. go figure.
I think a spec tire for the sizzler would be a good thing, but thats for another thread in a land far far away
FWIW, I think spec tires are a great idea for a "once in a while" race program. It takes one potential PITA variable out of the equation. But in the case of a permanent track where a guy can practice and tune, I'd say run whatever...everyone's chasing that similar magic setup anyway.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tire talk is almost as political as anything else. (ha ha)

I've had no issue with them myself, but since last outdoor season I've only bought two sets. One thing I am partial to with these tires is the price, only $29 for a set. Its way cheaper than Sorex 28 and RP30 premounts ever were and since we can get them from 4 major distributors the supply chain is easier; unlike the RP30 which could only come from the spotty distribution house of Schumacher.

These tires have gotten a bad rep for being inconsistent quality, but this has always been a personal complaint of mine for rubber tire racing since I got back into touring cars. Rubber tires have never been consistent batch to batch, IMO. I had Sorex tires that would last forever, and some last one day.

If we were voting on a spec tire I would still vote for blues, I was just trying to ask a track related question.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Awesome, so you're saying you got decent performance for that first minute of the first run. Neat-o

Can hardly wait to run some.

Steve
Yea sorry, I should have been a little more detailed. They aren't the best thing on asphalt, and not very many people will argue with me. They seem perfectly fine on carpet though. They aren't the fastest tire, but they aren't the slowest either. So it's a solid spec tire.

-Korey
Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default wgt tires

since the talk is about tires, has anyone found a brand of WGT tires that are better than others? either the rim is better or the rubber seems better? I realize they are all supposed to be lilacs, but maybe one seems better than another to anyone who has tried something other than Jaco's. All I have run so far...

Thanks,
Alex
Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldrcr
since the talk is about tires, has anyone found a brand of WGT tires that are better than others? either the rim is better or the rubber seems better? I realize they are all supposed to be lilacs, but maybe one seems better than another to anyone who has tried something other than Jaco's. All I have run so far...

Thanks,
Alex
Hey Alex,
Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a set of CRC wgt spec foams. We'll see how they work!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default spec tire

now all this talk about spec tires.... out of curiosity why is there a spec tire for touring cars, trans am, scale spec, wgt, but not for 1/12th?

dont missunderstand me. Im not saying we need one for 1/12, or that there shouldnt be one for other classes...

Erik
Old 03-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcHammer
now all this talk about spec tires.... out of curiosity why is there a spec tire for touring cars, trans am, scale spec, wgt, but not for 1/12th?

dont missunderstand me. Im not saying we need one for 1/12, or that there shouldnt be one for other classes...

Erik
I think it would be interesting to consider for 1/12th 13.5 anyway. Leave mod open, as it should be.

-alex
Old 03-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldrcr
I think it would be interesting to consider for 1/12th 13.5 anyway. Leave mod open, as it should be.

-alex
No foam spec tires for 1/12th scale ever!!!!!!! The class was born basically in 1978 or so, 2nd oldest of RC Cars. Never had spec tires, never should either. 1/12th scale cars are very fast for their power and weight and along with the body shape, tires are the only way to control the car and make it handle appropriately for each driver. WGT is a new class that had zero history and the class inventors almost from the get go spec'ed the tires for the cars. Not to mention the have a lot more width in the chassis, also weight on the chassis and those big ol tires to put down the same power as a 1/12th scale car does. That is why spec'ing for WGT works. No need to mention why TC got spec tires, that should be obvious.

Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.