Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-22-2010, 11:19 PM
  #2926  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
oldrcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 818
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I'll run someones mod if they want me to.

I'm in for WGT for sure.

-a
oldrcr is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 11:50 PM
  #2927  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Bruce Grembowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Washougal, WA
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
So long as Kody is confirmed for the RD slot this Wednesday, it will be his call on whether to add a Mod TC class. He's certainly competent to judge what an additional class does to the schedule. It may or may not net out the same. We'll have to see. I understand that guys want to prepare for the NWIC and the next two H30 Wednesdays are their best chance to get in some valuable practice.

But...club racing at the Hangar is its own good thing. Big races, even our own, are not the first priority. It's not "testing and tuning" for the upper echelon of drivers. Full, competitive heats of prepared racers in all classes is the goal. And the expectation. Every time.

Todd M.
I agree with what you're saying (not that it's my place to "vote" in this issue), but you should've seen the last Thursday night club race at TZII. We had a full house with plenty of upper echelon drivers. Mark Day handled it as well as possible, but we did have to run longer due to the number of entries and an additional class.

Of course, it's easier with Thursday night versus Wednesday night. I'm tempted to come up early for the NWIC and make the club race to learn the track, but I don't know that everyone can take an extra day or two off.

TTFN,
Grem
Bruce Grembowski is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 11:10 AM
  #2928  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tub Requests

I am at the shop all day and will be packing the tub tonight...I will be checking the thread throughout the day for any special requests...
Maybell is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 PM
  #2929  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 19
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
I am at the shop all day and will be packing the tub tonight...I will be checking the thread throughout the day for any special requests...
Short springs for Tamiya cars...I'm told the ones I need are fluorescent in color. Regular length springs make my Mini look like it's on stilts and too tippy!

Thanks.
aarontaht is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 12:30 PM
  #2930  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
I am at the shop all day and will be packing the tub tonight...I will be checking the thread throughout the day for any special requests...
Do you have the wgt Sophia body? LMK, thanks!
jubilee is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 01:06 PM
  #2931  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aarontaht
Short springs for Tamiya cars...I'm told the ones I need are fluorescent in color. Regular length springs make my Mini look like it's on stilts and too tippy!

Thanks.
Sorry, we dont have those.
Maybell is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
  #2932  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Maybell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,109
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jubilee
Do you have the wgt Sophia body? LMK, thanks!
Got it packed for ya!
Maybell is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
  #2933  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Maybell
Got it packed for ya!
Gracias senor Maybell!
jubilee is offline  
Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 PM
  #2934  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,075
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aarontaht
Short springs for Tamiya cars...I'm told the ones I need are fluorescent in color. Regular length springs make my Mini look like it's on stilts and too tippy!

Thanks.
I have a bunch of NEW hop up parts for the mini that include a full set of short springs that I've been meaning to put up for sale. I'll bring them to the Hangar Wednesday.

Jake
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 AM
  #2935  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Wiggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 486
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
So long as Kody is confirmed for the RD slot this Wednesday, it will be his call on whether to add a Mod TC class. He's certainly competent to judge what an additional class does to the schedule. It may or may not net out the same. We'll have to see. I understand that guys want to prepare for the NWIC and the next two H30 Wednesdays are their best chance to get in some valuable practice.
Yo Kody, it sounds like running mod is your call for tonight. Can you confirm that there will be a mod class? I wanna get as much practice time in before the quals start. So I kinda wanna show up already prepared with the proper motor and gears installed. Also, running mod involves me running over to a friends house to borrow a motor, which I don't want to do if I don't have to...

Thanks Kody!
Wiggles is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 AM
  #2936  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I haven't had a chance to work on my car so I'll back out of mod tonight if I can make it. My stuff is still in the trunk of my car from the last race
Wes Briscoe is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 AM
  #2937  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,634
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wiggles
Yo Kody, it sounds like running mod is your call for tonight. Can you confirm that there will be a mod class? I wanna get as much practice time in before the quals start. So I kinda wanna show up already prepared with the proper motor and gears installed. Also, running mod involves me running over to a friends house to borrow a motor, which I don't want to do if I don't have to...

Thanks Kody!
I wish I could say we will be running it 100% but I can't. Get your car set up for mod and practice with it then if we can not run mod change it out. Practice fast, race slow! You will be faster in the end.

K
Kody is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:14 AM
  #2938  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

RACING AT THE HANGAR 2-nite!!

Get ready for some carpet rolling, tennis ball fuzz picking, high speed, track barrier wagon pulling, intense competition.

Respect the dots and charge your lipos, bros.

Turn right at the end of the straight!

Bust out the sauce and watch for flying monkeys!

:rolleye s:
jubilee is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:27 AM
  #2939  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
Wiggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 486
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody
I wish I could say we will be running it 100% but I can't. Get your car set up for mod and practice with it then if we can not run mod change it out. Practice fast, race slow! You will be faster in the end.

K
Hi-ho hi-ho...it's off to my friends house I go!
Wiggles is offline  
Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 PM
  #2940  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I'm going to run stock touring for my first time tonight. It'll be a BRIGHT f'ing orange Hot Bodies Type B impreza with a black spoiler. I'd like to apologize in advance for all the people I'm going to accidentally wreck, and the workout I'm going to give the corner marshals. I'll be happy if I can keep the car shiny side up and in one piece, and run faster than scale spec with it.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.