Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Gig
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tekin RS pro?

I heard that the turbo affect is due to different of timing maps change within the program which advances timing. It is probably old news.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gig
I heard that the turbo affect is due to different of timing maps change within the program which advances timing. It is probably old news.
It's mildly complicated but Turbo is added to the current timing after a set delay when full throttle is pulled. It ramps from 0 turbo to the turbo setting over a specified ramp rate(which you can also set). Additionally there is Timing Boost which is RPM dependent and adds timing to the motor based upon starting and ending RPMs which you can set. Basically when you reach the starting RPM the ESC adds timing incrementally until the you reach the end RPM setting at which point the timing stays at the Timing Boost setting(unless you grab full throttle in the range then it adds that as well)

See I told you it was mildly complicated.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
It's mildly complicated but Turbo is added to the current timing after a set delay when full throttle is pulled. It ramps from 0 turbo to the turbo setting over a specified ramp rate(which you can also set). Additionally there is Timing Boost which is RPM dependent and adds timing to the motor based upon starting and ending RPMs which you can set. Basically when you reach the starting RPM the ESC adds timing incrementally until the you reach the end RPM setting at which point the timing stays at the Timing Boost setting(unless you grab full throttle in the range then it adds that as well)

This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind limber.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind limber.
The Dude abides
Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vwman85
brand new trf shocks for ifsr,tbo2 ect.... was suppost to sell to one of the scale spec guys for 80. for got ur name. i will be there tonight to sell them to u if u want. if not

anyone that wants them brand new in box. 80. comes withn yellow spring.

come find me

stewart

running datsun 510 or lotus elise
orange, white cars

will be at hagnger 30 tonight
Sorry Stewart, I'll have to catch you on the 10th. It'll my Birthday, so I'm excused to spend a few $. See you there cash in hand.

Aaron

Last edited by aarontaht; 02-04-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: I just wanna edit it.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Looking forward to the next race...

Every month a new speedo comes out that sends a 13.5 car down the strait 10 miles an hour faster than everything else...a 13.5 12th scale must be close to mod speed now...

Maybe we should just refer to our 12th scale class as modified until the speedos equal out...or should we call it the "tekin" class this month...I wont call it the cheetn' class but one things for sure, as long as I am running in this class I will be cheetn'!

Just for the record...if the SXX SS comes out and it is faster than everything that month, I would still rather run modified...

That was a nice rant...I feel better now thanks!
Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Gig
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mkdut

Exactly but I made my explanation simplified Ha! =D
Old 02-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
Looking forward to the next race...

Every month a new speedo comes out that sends a 13.5 car down the strait 10 miles an hour faster than everything else...a 13.5 12th scale must be close to mod speed now...

Maybe we should just refer to our 12th scale class as modified until the speedos equal out...or should we call it the "tekin" class this month...I wont call it the cheetn' class but one things for sure, as long as I am running in this class I will be cheetn'!

Just for the record...if the SXX SS comes out and it is faster than everything that month, I would still rather run modified...

That was a nice rant...I feel better now thanks!
Ditto. Mod only for me. Whether it's TC or 12th. I'm over the technology wars. Mod seems to be the only class that driver ability is the determining factor in the outcome of the race. If there isn't enough to run a mod class when I'm there, then I'll just watch.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

eh, I showed up friday wanting to run mod, no mod class, dropped in a 17.5 finished third, using a LRP SXX TC Spec MOD esc, not a issue really, just get in front of Jake and block like hell.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
eh, I showed up friday wanting to run mod, no mod class, dropped in a 17.5 finished third, using a LRP SXX TC Spec MOD esc, not a issue really, just get in front of Jake and block like hell.
That wasn't mod we ran Friday ?? sure looked like mod, motor ran cool like mod, I over shot corners like mod. Lemme check,... yup, it was a 17.5 motor in there. Hmmmm. blocking, I just thought you were running past the max width... like 325mm or so. Man, so , that wasn't mod and your car was the right width ? LOL. This explains a lot !!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It would solve a lot of problems if we just switched over from stock to mod. That would get my vote.

It would be good for competition too. What fun is it trying to win if you are behind and there are people in the race who follow a practically perfect line and never make mistakes? I guess that's why they invented dynamic timing advance as bending the rules would be the only way.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpEEdyBL
It would solve a lot of problems if we just switched over from stock to mod. That would get my vote.

It would be good for competition too. What fun is it trying to win if you are behind and there are people in the race who follow a practically perfect line and never make mistakes? I guess that's why they invented dynamic timing advance as bending the rules would be the only way.
I wonder how many posts like this we will see from you after you own a speedo with a dynamic timing feature.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpEEdyBL

what about running mod would change any of that????
Old 02-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I sense a trend here
Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Mod shmod.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.