Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 PM
  #2791  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Tekin has Turbo, Orca's gonna have Nitrous...

Ok, so I have no idea , what say you Korey ?
Could be Supercharge
Goingfast is offline  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:36 PM
  #2792  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Korey's gonna take my advice,

Drop out of College,

Take over ORCA,

Reflog/rebuild my Vritra TC spec, (so I can sell the damn thing), =(Gwhiz)

Then all will be good in the universe again!

BTW, Killer whales don't have Turbos.

Last edited by el salvador; 02-03-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Slap Batman
el salvador is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 12:25 AM
  #2793  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Bruce Grembowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Washougal, WA
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
p.s. Bill, a scalded monkey ? .... hmmm, I thought it was more like a raped ape !

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=raped%20ape

Jake
He must be joining my team, Scalded Monkey Racing, which was born when I first started with 1/12 scale, 4-cell, with a 19T brushed motor. Damn thing would take off like a scalded monkey and slam into the boards, breaking a steering block. I am so much happier with my 17.5 TC with the old-school GTB speedo...

TTFN,
Grem
Bruce Grembowski is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 12:43 AM
  #2794  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,176
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Travis (if he shows up) and myself will be testing an early version of our new software. If all goes well, I'm going to try and gather up everyone's ESCs and programmers to have Hans take back to Thailand before he goes to the TITC (end of this month). That way he can update everyone's ESC with the new software.

I know that will put you guys out of an ESC for a week or so, but thats the best solution we have right at the moment. Early testing in HK and Thailand has been very promising, but we're still doing a few final tweaks here and there. We'll probably make a few more after we test on Wednesday.

-Korey
Korey Harbke is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 AM
  #2795  
Suspended
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Everett
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Korey
I'm going to try and gather up everyone's ESCs and programmers to have Hans take back to Thailand
In the future will the ORCA speed control be updatable from home or at the track via a PC? It seems archaic that it is not flash updatable.



Originally Posted by mduk
And now my report from the Birds: Newsflash: I suck.
All I am hearing from people is how terrible the Sticky Fingers compound is. "Its just like Jack!" heh...we all know you don't suck, Mike. Awww...group hug..
Congrats to all of your efforts, you and Brian, Dave, and everyone else from the NW that went.
Wes Briscoe is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM
  #2796  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
All I am hearing from people is how terrible the Sticky Fingers compound is. "Its just like Jack!" heh...we all know you don't suck, Mike. Awww...group hug..
Congrats to all of your efforts, you and Brian, Dave, and everyone else from the NW that went.
As Brian will tell everyone as well, you never knew what the car was going to do when you set it on the track even if you had changed nothing at all. The gummy/stickyness of the compound was worse than Jack could ever think of being. In the main before the spur blew out I went from a car that pushed like a dump truck to a car that was dumping over on the nose and diffing out. The good news is that it really was a good time and I learned a bunch of stuff from a few of the Pros.
mkdut is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
  #2797  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,176
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
In the future will the ORCA speed control be updatable from home or at the track via a PC? It seems archaic that it is not flash updatable.
As of right now it isn't possible with the current ESC design. Right now we actually have to physically take apart the ESC to reprogram it, and the programmer itself.

The original idea was to make it like LRP, do it right so it won't have to be updated for a while. On models down the road, we plan to make it user updatable. If we were going to incorporate that with the current ESC it would require an entire redesign from the ground up.

We're just in a situation where so much has caught us off guard. We are trying to do the best we can to make everyone happy though. The new update should be significantly better when it's all said and done.

-Korey
Korey Harbke is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 11:23 AM
  #2798  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Slapmaster6000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Edmonds, Wash.
Posts: 3,188
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Clearly, many at Birds got their cars to work on Sticky Fingers. Josh in mod looked very much in control and with the exception of one tiny brush, drove a perfect main. So some reached a formula of success. I suspect that it required new tires every run. I was using my tires twice without cleaning them between the run. It's the only thing that I can reflect back on that caused us grief in 12th scale. The wgt tires were a non-issue as they were used over and over down to micro ribbons of foam on a wheel. Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting SF at this point. Give me a can of Jack or Paragon. I go to races to enjoy myself. 12th was very frustrating at the upper end of the hp spectrum. The 17.5 didn't seem to suffer as much. I think many were on greylow/black combos. I don't think the rubber guys enjoyed SF at all. I know that Dave is a talented driver, but his TC looked hurting and he was sitting next to Lemeux all week. Even Paul didn't have his dominating presence on rubber like he has had in the past. The first guy that suggest we use SF in the NW is going to get smacked in the mouth.
Slapmaster6000 is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
  #2799  
Tech Fanatic
 
crazy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Acuna mattata.........Bitches!
Posts: 896
Default

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Clearly, many at Birds got their cars to work on Sticky Fingers. Josh in mod looked very much in control and with the exception of one tiny brush, drove a perfect main. So some reached a formula of success. I suspect that it required new tires every run. I was using my tires twice without cleaning them between the run. It's the only thing that I can reflect back on that caused us grief in 12th scale. The wgt tires were a non-issue as they were used over and over down to micro ribbons of foam on a wheel. Don't get me wrong, I am not supporting SF at this point. Give me a can of Jack or Paragon. I go to races to enjoy myself. 12th was very frustrating at the upper end of the hp spectrum. The 17.5 didn't seem to suffer as much. I think many were on greylow/black combos. I don't think the rubber guys enjoyed SF at all. I know that Dave is a talented driver, but his TC looked hurting and he was sitting next to Lemeux all week. Even Paul didn't have his dominating presence on rubber like he has had in the past. The first guy that suggest we use SF in the NW is going to get smacked in the mouth.
Does it actually make your fingers sticky?
crazy5 is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
  #2800  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: renton,wa
Posts: 10
Default tamiya trf shocks

brand new trf shocks for ifsr,tbo2 ect.... was suppost to sell to one of the scale spec guys for 80. for got ur name. i will be there tonight to sell them to u if u want. if not

anyone that wants them brand new in box. 80. comes withn yellow spring.

come find me

stewart

running datsun 510 or lotus elise
orange, white cars

will be at hagnger 30 tonight
vwman85 is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
  #2801  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PacNW
Posts: 3,010
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vwman85
brand new trf shocks for ifsr,tbo2 ect.... was suppost to sell to one of the scale spec guys for 80. for got ur name. i will be there tonight to sell them to u if u want. if not

anyone that wants them brand new in box. 80. comes withn yellow spring.

come find me

stewart

running datsun 510 or lotus elise
orange, white cars

will be at hagnger 30 tonight
Stewart, the next race isn't until Feb 10th.
jubilee is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM
  #2802  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
slidejob26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: skid row woolley
Posts: 659
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys a few of us are comming down from Mount Vernon on the 13th. Is tire sauce allowed at the Hangar? Also "scale spec" is like our Trans AM, correct?
Thanks,
slidejob26 is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 05:03 PM
  #2803  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (101)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,707
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slidejob26
Hey guys a few of us are comming down from Mount Vernon on the 13th. Is tire sauce allowed at the Hangar? Also "scale spec" is like our Trans AM, correct?
Thanks,
The only tire sauce allowed at the Hangar is black can Paragon. Oh heavenly paragon.

Steve
corallyman is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 05:24 PM
  #2804  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
gwhiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 925
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman
The only tire sauce allowed at the Hangar is black can Paragon. Oh heavenly paragon.

Steve
Somewhere in this text are clues to the reason Paragon contains Oil of Wintergreen:

And I would like to get to the bottom of it. Why? Because:

I'm
gwhiz is offline  
Old 02-03-2010, 06:39 PM
  #2805  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,077
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Exclamation Tetra Methyl "Gay"Tone

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Somewhere in this text are clues to the reason Paragon contains Oil of Wintergreen:

And I would like to get to the bottom of it. Why? Because:

I'm
Damn it , Now I've got some kinda "Methyl Guzzeling Herbivores" Eating the Tires off my Toy-Race Cars!

I'm sending you the bill.

Last edited by el salvador; 02-04-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Misspelled Battttman
el salvador is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.