Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree367Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randoggy
I would like to take advantage of this down time to post a reply that serves no purpose other than advancing me one step closer to the lofty status of Tech Apprentice!

out of curiosity... will it be worth it???

Erik
Old 01-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So its out. Give us a try. www.3drcracing.com . Good practice if nothing else, even if not a scale you would otherwise be interested in.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TA05 outdrives

I am about to place yet another $3 order from Amp Draw and pay $8 for shipping. This is starting to bug me so before I do it I thought I would do a little checking around given the large number of guys that use to run TA05s in our club.

I need some outdrives. Both the front and back are totally shot on my car. I was planning on going with the cheap plasitic ones (S parts tree) since I am only running silver can, but if somone has the aluminum ones in a tool box collecting dust let me know and maybe we can work something out.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RcHammer
out of curiosity... will it be worth it???

Erik
I'm pretty sure it'll make me faster!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Race Fans and Slapmaster Tools supporters:
Last Friday, the final decision came to discontinue the MS 12th scale chassis line. With the arrival of the lipo brick, the t-bar design was changed forever. The car was redesigned, tested, retested, revised, and further tested. While it's true that Dave Ehrlich placed 4th at the most recent IIC race in LV, we discovered an issue at that very race which postponed a certain release. Four months had passed attempting a cure for what I called "combat tweak" that could never reach a satisfactory race result. Rather then pretend that I had a front running car that the racing public could enjoy as a dependable car, that had a wide set up range, unbelievable durability, and most of all a unique t-bar design in a sea of link cars.... the decision was clear to me to call it a day. As a reflect back, it was Sean Maybell that really inspired me at the time to build the first MS2 in 2003. After a few refinements the MS2.2 emerged to capture a 1-2-TQ record at the Roar Region 11 Champs in 12th Scale Modified. Since then, there have been over 100 chassis hand laid and fabricated at my shop. Insane about of hours, time, and money were committed to the project. It was truly a personal passionate project. Certainly one of the highlights was capturing the season championship podium with a 1,2,3 finish at the '08-'09 NWIC Series. I want to thank all that helped me with this over the years. Here's just a few that left their mark on MS line: Sean Maybell, Andrew Cartwright, Weylin Rose, Dan Garber, Kody Knutson, Mike Ellis, Mike Crosier, Steve Rubart, Andy Wells, Dave Ehrlich, Troy McKune and most importantly Paul Leask the for untold hours of design concept and team meetings. I want to "thank" everyone that supported the car line and that believed in me to bring you a great car to drive. The Slapmaster Tools accessories will continue, but the chassis chapter has come to close.

See you all at the track!

Brian Bodine
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-p1010039.jpg  
Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

No WGT Brian?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default 1/12 tire gluing

To all the 1/12 dudes...

Do you have any tips/tricks/hints at cleanly gluing the edge of your foams? Mine usually turn out lumpy and rough...and not very effective. I'm thinking the fine point of a regular tube of crazy glue is my next try.

Any helpful advice appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
To all the 1/12 dudes...

Do you have any tips/tricks/hints at cleanly gluing the edge of your foams? Mine usually turn out lumpy and rough...and not very effective. I'm thinking the fine point of a regular tube of crazy glue is my next try.

Any helpful advice appreciated, thanks!
The key is to use thin CA with a nice thin tip. I use Losi red and it comes with tip that you cut to langth. Put your tires on the car and spin them. When they are spining you start from the rim and work your way up. Stop a few times to check how high you have gone. After you have made it up the side wall to the point you want let them dry. Next take a some sand paper and go around the CA a few times to make the CA even and smooth. This will alow your sidewall to still flex but not grip.

Hope that makes sense!

K
Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kody
The key is to use thin CA with a nice thin tip. I use Losi red and it comes with tip that you cut to langth. Put your tires on the car and spin them. When they are spining you start from the rim and work your way up. Stop a few times to check how high you have gone. After you have made it up the side wall to the point you want let them dry. Next take a some sand paper and go around the CA a few times to make the CA even and smooth. This will alow your sidewall to still flex but not grip.

Hope that makes sense!

K
Thanks Kody. I didn't think of sanding them. If I show at the hangar with a new bottle of CA, will you demo this on one tire for me? If I see it done once it should be no problemo!
Old 01-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Hey Race Fans and Slapmaster Tools supporters:
Last Friday, the final decision came to discontinue the MS 12th scale chassis line. With the arrival of the lipo brick, the t-bar design was changed forever. The car was redesigned, tested, retested, revised, and further tested. While it's true that Dave Ehrlich placed 4th at the most recent IIC race in LV, we discovered an issue at that very race which postponed a certain release. Four months had passed attempting a cure for what I called "combat tweak" that could never reach a satisfactory race result. Rather then pretend that I had a front running car that the racing public could enjoy as a dependable car, that had a wide set up range, unbelievable durability, and most of all a unique t-bar design in a sea of link cars.... the decision was clear to me to call it a day. As a reflect back, it was Sean Maybell that really inspired me at the time to build the first MS2 in 2003. After a few refinements the MS2.2 emerged to capture a 1-2-TQ record at the Roar Region 11 Champs in 12th Scale Modified. Since then, there have been over 100 chassis hand laid and fabricated at my shop. Insane about of hours, time, and money were committed to the project. It was truly a personal passionate project. Certainly one of the highlights was capturing the season championship podium with a 1,2,3 finish at the '08-'09 NWIC Series. I want to thank all that helped me with this over the years. Here's just a few that left their mark on MS line: Sean Maybell, Andrew Cartwright, Weylin Rose, Dan Garber, Kody Knutson, Mike Ellis, Mike Crosier, Steve Rubart, Andy Wells, Dave Ehrlich, Troy McKune and most importantly Paul Leask the for untold hours of design concept and team meetings. I want to "thank" everyone that supported the car line and that believed in me to bring you a great car to drive. The Slapmaster Tools accessories will continue, but the chassis chapter has come to close.

See you all at the track!

Brian Bodine
This is truly a sad day...but with great memories.

The highlights for me were: recieving my first Slappy from Brian before regionals and what a dialed car it was. We dominated! It was so cool looking to me at the time that I took the car to the Reedy TC race just in case I had a chance to show it to Masami. I knew he would appreciate it. Sure enough I got to share a smoke and talk 12th scale with the master himself. His eyes lit up when he saw the car. He first jokingly put the car up his shirt then he asked me if he could take some pics. OOPS! I forgot to ask Brian if that kind of thing was ok so I had to tell Masami no!!!!

Finally, Thanks Brian for supporting so many local racers and always having something new and cool to look at when I see you at the track!

Sean
Old 01-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My daughter wants to get into on road racing and since we are close to Seattle (we live on the Eastside) looks like we may be joining you on Weds nights.

A couple of questions:

What scale is your Novice class? Is it any car? Mostly 1/10's or is there a 1/18 novice class?

Can you explain the Scale Spec class? Is this a class for RTR's?

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamescam
My daughter wants to get into on road racing and since we are close to Seattle (we live on the Eastside) looks like we may be joining you on Weds nights.

A couple of questions:

What scale is your Novice class? Is it any car? Mostly 1/10's or is there a 1/18 novice class?

Can you explain the Scale Spec class? Is this a class for RTR's?

Thanks.
All the info you seek is in the Seattle RC Racers Bible:

http://seattlerc.files.wordpress.com...race-bible.pdf

www.seattlercracers.com

Hope to see you out there soon!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jubilee
All the info you seek is in the Seattle RC Racers Bible:

http://seattlerc.files.wordpress.com...race-bible.pdf

This is great! Maybe I will jump into the scale spec class myself.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamescam
This is great! Maybe I will jump into the scale spec class myself.
Novice is really about finding out about the sport, any road car, 1/10th scale, and when you show skills that deem moving up, at the race directors discretion, you will be asked to move up in class.

Scale spec is a great class, and nothing is more fun than racing with/against your kids.

Just ask around when you are at the hanger for help, everybody at the club is into helping others enjoy the sport.

See you Wednesday.

-Alex
Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just decommissioned 3 cars tonight. Removed anything out of the pit boxes that resembles the past. I have a growler of Bhagwan's Best to ease the gut punch feeling of a funeral.

Sean; thanks for the support and memories.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.